Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:47:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] ZENCASH: Permanent, Distributed, and Fully Anonymous cryptocurrency  (Read 243315 times)
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:05:33 AM

Why "purposeful divergence into two blockchains"? As I know, most coins divergence into two blockchains only because of some troubles...
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:06:32 AM

the zcl coins i buy have to be in my wallet when the zen start goes right? for the duplication?
yes , then you can import priv key into ZEN wallet. Exchanges (Bittrex) may? be in on the distribution but obviously much safer to use your own wallet!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
biggernugs

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:22:42 AM

So wait, I can buy a shit ton of a coin, clone the chain and create a (new) coin, then get rich Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

zzzzzzzzzz

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:46:25 AM

Why "purposeful divergence into two blockchains"? As I know, most coins divergence into two blockchains only because of some troubles...

You can't change the basic parameters of a blockchain without a hardfork. And no, hardforks are not always to correct "troubles", they are the fundamental mechanism for upgrading a blockchain network. A blockchain cannot evolve over time without hardforks. Your misunderstanding is prevalent, and because of that misunderstanding, coins have been trashed without reason, other than the coin market participants not crooking what a hardfork really is.
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 01:51:59 AM

Why fork off of Zclassic? Why not just create Zen as a new blockchain. Now it looks like a way to pump the Zclassic price before block 100000.

Zclassic is a 1:1 match for Zcash without the founders reward. Alot of us on the team wanted to add new features and functionalities to Zclassic that would break the 1:1 parity. Zen is just an evolution of Zclassic with these new features that we wanted to put in and we're keeping Zclassic true to its 1:1 parity with Zcash.

new feature from zcalssic?? Im not see it.
this is just cloning from zcash an just remove the developer fee

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
kingorbust

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:06:14 AM

will have a close look at this one.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
krile

Activity: 746

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:08:20 AM

Quote from: Zencash

[b
Are full nodes going to be incentivized with block rewards?[/b]

Yes. Anyone that runs a full node and participates in the network node funds allocation program will receive their share of 3.43% of the coinbase rewards. Additionally one of the functions of the DAO will be to maintain network node size and may allocate additional funds to node operators.

The Zen network target size is to be at least 1,000 fully operational nodes. At this size at least 7.40 zen will be rewarded to each node operator. In the event the Zen network size has not been reached the DAO may allocate some of its discretionary funds to encourage node deployment.

Where can I find out more about this? How will this circumvent "fake" full nodes (like one node on two IPs)¿

Quontoloue

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:09:17 AM

Open bounty dev
signature campaign, facebook campaign and twitter campaign
zzzzzzzzzz

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:13:48 AM

Open bounty dev
signature campaign, facebook campaign and twitter campaign

OK, I'll bite: What is the meaning of your post?
kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:15:12 AM

Why fork off of Zclassic? Why not just create Zen as a new blockchain. Now it looks like a way to pump the Zclassic price before block 100000.

Zclassic is a 1:1 match for Zcash without the founders reward. Alot of us on the team wanted to add new features and functionalities to Zclassic that would break the 1:1 parity. Zen is just an evolution of Zclassic with these new features that we wanted to put in and we're keeping Zclassic true to its 1:1 parity with Zcash.

new feature from zcalssic?? Im not see it.
this is just cloning from zcash an just remove the developer fee

So basically, its a new blockchain for a new feature? Wonder how many new blockchains in the future (and fresh free money)
Hail the fork
movrcx

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:47:30 AM

Where can I find out more about this? How will this circumvent "fake" full nodes (like one node on two IPs)¿

The technical implementation isn't finalized yet, however the process for node rewards will be something like:

• The node executes a shielded zero-knowledge transaction containing an unshielded payment address and the node's domain name or IP address which is valid for a certain time period.
  • Once per block, a random XX% sampling is taken and those nodes are checked for being operational (a random block will be requested from each and verified against the longest chain).
  • After a node is verified operational a non-shielded transaction will be sent to it.

There's going to be two-tiers of nodes; fully trusted and unverified. The difference with fully trusted nodes is that these nodes must have a valid TLS certificate. Getting a TLS certificate is free as long as the node has a domain name. These types of nodes will be awarded by unique root domain name (given that no IP addresses are duplicated).

Unverified nodes are nodes that do not have authentic TLS certificates and will be paid from a smaller allocation. There will be maximum limitations on how many unverified nodes can be awarded per network subnet to prevent abuse. Ultimately that threshhold will be decided by the DAO. I'd expect that a significant portion of this group would consist of botnets and such so the awards for these would be kept low.

For the most part the unverified nodes are the wild-wild west and incentivizing the fully trusted nodes is the goal.
SunStruck

Activity: 676

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:07:21 AM

So wait, I can buy a shit ton of a coin, clone the chain and create a (new) coin, then get rich Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

my thought xactly ,grabbing all coins atm under a certain value from bittrex $$$
zzzzzzzzzz

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:47:26 AM

The technical implementation isn't finalized yet, however the process for node rewards will be something like:

• The node executes a shielded zero-knowledge transaction containing an unshielded payment address and the node's domain name or IP address which is valid for a certain time period.
  • Once per block, a random XX% sampling is taken and those nodes are checked for being operational (a random block will be requested from each and verified against the longest chain).
  • After a node is verified operational a non-shielded transaction will be sent to it.

There's going to be two-tiers of nodes; fully trusted and unverified. The difference with fully trusted nodes is that these nodes must have a valid TLS certificate. Getting a TLS certificate is free as long as the node has a domain name. These types of nodes will be awarded by unique root domain name (given that no IP addresses are duplicated).

Unverified nodes are nodes that do not have authentic TLS certificates and will be paid from a smaller allocation. There will be maximum limitations on how many unverified nodes can be awarded per network subnet to prevent abuse. Ultimately that threshhold will be decided by the DAO. I'd expect that a significant portion of this group would consist of botnets and such so the awards for these would be kept low.

For the most part the unverified nodes are the wild-wild west and incentivizing the fully trusted nodes is the goal.

Why even allow untrusted nodes to participate? Seems as though you're complicating the network to accommodate nodes that are most likely to cause problems. Also, since you are putting this node verification process in place, are you also going to check node versions, so we don't have nodes running year old node code? For example, the zclassic network has a seed node that's still at v1.0.1, before the critical fix for the potential fork problem. This node verification procedure seems like a perfect opportunity to prevent nodes that are too far out of date from being active on the network. Just a thought.
krile

Activity: 746

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:50:24 AM

Interesting. Eager to see your final solution play out in the field.

Do you need any help on your project?

Ekonom

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:49:22 AM

As a big ZCL holder, I'm very excited and supportive of the move. This will provide what everybody wanted with 2 chains that was not possible with only one due to the differences in philosophy. Both have their merits.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:53:55 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 09:55:42 AM by mishax1

As a BIGGER ZCL hodler, I'm very excited to buy one coin and get TWO!   Cheesy

Lets pray this move won't turn zcl to trash.

At first, someone didn't like the Zcash 10% tax so they created Zclassic, now ZEN is forking with their own 8.4% tax... bravo.
Watanabe1505

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:57:21 AM

I would like to reserve Vietnamese translation for this project. PM me for acceptance, thanks!
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 11:39:39 AM

we are prepared for ZEN

ZENCASH pool

zpool.crypto.ba

port 3034

join us Smiley

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
anafiene

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:51:22 AM

I think ZENCASH with nice concept
goodluck dev Smiley

olib

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:03:38 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 12:35:25 PM by olib

we are prepared for ZEN

ZENCASH pool

zpool.crypto.ba

port 3034

join us Smiley

On pool is miner (Zencash).  What address should I use for mining while not windows wallet ?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: