Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:19:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] ZENCASH: Permanent, Distributed, and Fully Anonymous cryptocurrency  (Read 243315 times)
alibert

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:25:46 PM

I told you that this coin has no future. Days ago.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Walter crypto

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:38:51 PM

Just PIVX most trusted coin for me only@-@
silentrunner

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:40:10 PM

Bittrex has locked both ZEN and ZCL due to the impending attacks against the ZEN network i think.

A Zero Day Exploit for transaction replay has been released

This on top of the main dev leaving this morning, the delays and the sketchy start leaving the network off SSL and the code largely unchanged from ZCL

Be warned all those of you looking to buy at this price level, a lot of people want out

I deposited 25 ZEN at Bittrex over 3 hours ago.  It is stuck at 20/30 confirmations.  There have been 75 blocks found since then so it looks like it was locked.

On the upside the amount of BTC for bids doubled during the price drop and pushed the price back up. There are interested buyers.  There is hope for young ZEN....

Do you have any links for the exploit?
J_A_Bankster

Activity: 138
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:46:23 PM

i deteste amaturism and Zen Cash is showing this.... shitty launch, shitty communication... just pathetic overall... but hey, Zcoin is serious and MPT is coming.

zen cash can die like the loser coin it is
wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:51:56 PM

I am legit loling so hard right now. I forsaw this fricken days ago with like 90% of these hype train no brain kids arguying hype nonsense. I'm half tempted to quote them but I won't. As soon as I got my zen I sold. I made a pretty good profit. Overhypers are the ones that keep the money flowing into my addresses Grin. I told you the price was gonna tank, I've fricken been watching relases since 2011 ffs. I've noticed a few things througout the years. This was super predictable, but no I guess the "zen to 300$ in a couple month" hypers need to get burned a couple times before learning.

I like crypto
gunnaman2002

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 09:53:37 PM

Bought ZCL low got free ZEN, sold ZCL high, and now sold my zen, these 2 projects seem to be having lots of issues, I am done with both of them, though I might mine a little bit of zen for just in case they get their Sh*t togther
cryptoyes

Activity: 297
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:21:15 PM

So Bittrex doesn't allow creating ZEN wallets right now? What's the next best option to sell some ZEN? tradesatoshi? Anything better?
br2459

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:23:58 PM

So Bittrex doesn't allow creating ZEN wallets right now? What's the next best option to sell some ZEN? tradesatoshi? Anything better?
You can try https://tradesatoshi.com That was the only other exchange that I know of that ZEN had support for other than Bittrex.

vklchck

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:42:30 PM

Soooo, I think all of you here should know.

BEWARE OF the website Zenmine.pro !!!!!! it IS infected with Malware... My Bitdefender has been blocking it for these last few days and it been getting annoying that I couldn't access it... So I decided to just allow it through today...

Well guess what... A few minutes later My PC crashed with an Error "Critical Structure Corruption"... That means my system files where being altered and that it was caught in the act by windows security...

I think all of you should know this! So Be warned. I would stay away from there

Hi, I think that the reason for infection of your computer is not my site, since I checked it today and found no signs of infection.

Lol no, its definitely your site. ...

Everybody, seriously Beware! Get a proper anti Virus suite and it will keep you from visiting Zenmine.pro for a good reason. I am not sure if this is intentional by the site moderator or if its by accident. But it IS INFECTED with MALWARE! ... my PC never crashed like this before with this kind of error. ... I am warning you guys/gals, do not use Zenmine.pro! If you already do visit their, then you may already be a victim ready to happen.

Once again, you have been warned!
cryptoyes

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:49:13 PM

Yes, I was aware of tradesatoshi ... any other exchange? tradesatoshi is a ghost town really ...

@vklchck, your warning was duly noted. Can we please close the subject?
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:53:35 PM

Ok so what will happen with Zen that is on Bittrex?
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 10:55:10 PM

This might concern all of the investors of ZEN. I don't consider this FUD, this is some truth people must know. I hate FUD. This is all verifiable on the ZEN slack, movcrx is coming back to ZCL though so at least there is some good in this mess.

And on Twitter...

LOL, this is getting too funny. Pump ZCL they rape everyone and get free ZENCASH, ZENCASH opens at 16$++ they slowly dump on all your asses and make even more money...now time to jump back onto ZCL and pump it again. Soon either he'll work something out with ZENCASH and go back causing ZEN to pump again or most likely say he wants to start his own thing and fork from ZCL with a ZCL snapshot or an ICO.

All in the process of fucking all their supporters in the ass, good job you crooks.  Sadly what I doubted a week or so ago (check my posts in ZCL thread) were true...
cryptoyes

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:03:53 PM

LOL, this is getting too funny. Pump ZCL they rape everyone and get free ZENCASH, ZENCASH opens at 16$++ they slowly dump on all your asses and make even more money...now time to jump back onto ZCL and pump it again. Soon either he'll work something out with ZENCASH and go back causing ZEN to pump again or most likely say he wants to start his own thing and fork from ZCL with a ZCL snapshot or an ICO.

All in the process of fucking all their supporters in the ass, good job you crooks.  Sadly what I doubted a week or so ago (check my posts in ZCL thread) were true...

Thank you, finally someone I agree with. I would stay away from that dev team and in particular that guy. Jumping ship back and forth playing with people's money/assets is as bad as political tourism, not to mention the hypocrisy by calling both projects community oriented, community driven etc ... in a way it was community driven: the community drove extra cash their way.

I also finally have an explanation of that missing 79% hashrate that I identified yesterday ...
soomro

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:05:19 PM

Management team... why not responding public quires...
Zencash (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 29

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 11:16:21 PM

ZenCash Status Update Thursday June 8 2017

ZenCash is currently under threat of a zero-day attack announced by the former lead developer of the Zen node and Eleos wallet code. Shortly after announcing his intention of leaving the project, he also announced and made public a method of attacking the Zen blockchain.

The other members of the Zen founding team, Rob Viglione, Rolf Versluis, and Jane Lippencott, are grateful for all the hard work put into the project by Joshua Yabut when he was the lead developer, and thankful for the notification of the potential zero day attack. We will definitely miss him being on the team.

The nature of the attack could lead to a transaction replay from the Zclassic blockchain to the Zen blockchain. There was replay protection put in place for the launch of Zen, but due to the warning it appears more replay protection would be prudent.

Based on the threat, the Zen Core team has asked our primary exchange partner, Bittrex, to protect their holdings by putting the ZEN wallet into maintenance mode until the code has been reviewed. This does not stop trading on the exchange, only the deposit and withdrawal of Zen funds. This is a short term measure.

The Zen blockchain is intact, no funds have been lost to the best knowledge of the Zen team, and the mitigation plan is already in place.

The mitigation plan is:
  • Take a snapshot of the existing blockchain.
  • Review the Zen code for issues (already in progress).
  • Implement whatever measures are necessary to get the Zen code base to a reliable state.

After the short term mitigation plan, the Zen Core team will continue to work with an industry leading development team, IOHK, to continue development and improvement of the ZenCash software to follow along with the vision laid out in the Zen White Paper.

IOHK developers have already been working with Zen and were very helpful in identifying and fixing the code issue that caused the Zen launch delay. They are also in the process of performing the code review for security.

The Zen team is excited about the opportunity to continue to grow and develop the ZenCash cryptocurrency and is thankful to the many community members, contributors, miners, mining pool operators, purchasers of ZenCash, and exchanges (especially Bittrex!) who have expressed support and encouragement for the project.

We intend to continue to provide an update twice daily on the status of the short term issue, and will then resume consistent communications and activity as we work together to realize the vision in the Zen white paper.

HORIZEN ►►► Unbounded By Design
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  YouTube -------- Twitter
ZenCash extended it's brand on 22nd August 2018 now is HORIZEN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:23:41 PM

ZenCash is currently under threat of a zero-day attack announced by the former lead developer of the Zen node and Eleos wallet code. Shortly after announcing his intention of leaving the project, he also announced and made public a method of attacking the Zen blockchain.

The other members of the Zen founding team, Rob Viglione, Rolf Versluis, and Jane Lippencott, are grateful for all the hard work put into the project by Joshua Yabut when he was the lead developer, and thankful for the notification of the potential zero day attack. We will definitely miss him being on the team.

The nature of the attack could lead to a transaction replay from the Zclassic blockchain to the Zen blockchain. There was replay protection put in place for the launch of Zen, but due to the warning it appears more replay protection would be prudent.

Based on the threat, the Zen Core team has asked our primary exchange partner, Bittrex, to protect their holdings by putting the ZEN wallet into maintenance mode until the code has been reviewed. This does not stop trading on the exchange, only the deposit and withdrawal of Zen funds. This is a short term measure.

The Zen blockchain is intact, no funds have been lost to the best knowledge of the Zen team, and the mitigation plan is already in place.

The mitigation plan is:
  • Implement whatever measures are necessary to get the Zen code base to a reliable state.

After the short term mitigation plan, the Zen Core team will continue to work with an industry leading development team, IOHK, to continue development and improvement of the ZenCash software to follow along with the vision laid out in the Zen White Paper.

IOHK developers have already been working with Zen and were very helpful in identifying and fixing the code issue that caused the Zen launch delay. They are also in the process of performing the code review for security.

The Zen team is excited about the opportunity to continue to grow and develop the ZenCash cryptocurrency and is thankful to the many community members, contributors, miners, mining pool operators, purchasers of ZenCash, and exchanges (especially Bittrex!) who have expressed support and encouragement for the project.

We intend to continue to provide an update twice daily on the status of the short term issue, and will then resume consistent communications and activity as we work together to realize the vision in the Zen white paper.

Thanking him for releasing the exploit out in the wild instead of letting you guys know privately to avoid another shit show, that wasn't trying to manipulate the markets at all lol...

One has to wonder if he never left Zencrap would of he used it along the way and steal millions while everyone claims it was some anonymous hacker?

Shady shit all around...
Dark12

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:25:25 PM

The mitigation plan is:

So anyone that might have used the exploit is going to lose their stolen profits?
Not sure how this works
cryptoyes

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:25:36 PM

The mitigation plan is:

You must be kidding: "the Zen Core team has asked our primary exchange partner, Bittrex, to protect their holdings by putting the ZEN wallet into maintenance mode until the code has been reviewed."

... essentially, you are preventing a lot of people from selling, hence causing them potentially big losses, just to keep the coins in the network?

I demand that you find a way for legitimate ZEN holders to open a wallet at Bittrex so they can trade like the rest who are somehow allowed (how nice!) ... it's also in your best interest if you want any kind of support from the community after this massive fiasco and kiddie wars that cost people money. I don't think there is much comeback for you otherwise.
wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:37:14 PM

The mitigation plan is:

Thanks for the update. I guess... Face it, the whole thing was a failure. No shame in admiting it. From the very darn start to where we are atm. Myself and several colleagues are gone and never coming back. I'm not being bitter or hoping the worst to happen to the coin but I don't see myself supporting it in the future.

I like crypto
soomro

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 11:45:44 PM

The mitigation plan is:

Thanks for update.. now we are hopeful that something best will emerge.
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: