Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:40:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] ZENCASH: Permanent, Distributed, and Fully Anonymous cryptocurrency  (Read 243315 times)
dolores12

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:33:44 PM

ZenCash Update noon on Friday Jun 9, 2017

ZenCash is still under the threat of a replay attack, and the ZenCash team is getting closer to having a solution to the problem. Here is a brief update to keep everyone in the loop.

The nature of the replay attack threat for ZenCash right now is that a transaction that was completed on Zclassic can be accepted into the mempool, then placed into a block on the ZenCash blockchain. Because of the similar nature of the blockchain and addresses, this would then be broadcast on the Zen blockchain.

There are some ways to mitigate against the attack for anyone who has control of their wallet. The easiest is to set up a second wallet and send the ZenCash to the second wallet. At that point there are no ZenCash UTXO’s that can be replayed with a Zclassic transaction. Another way is to just not do any Zclassic transactions until the issue is fixed on the ZenCash zen node software. Although the replay is vulnerable to older Zclassic transactions as well, so it depends on your transaction history as to how well this would work.

The replay protection was originally put in place in the ZenCash node software by the former lead developer, and was set to expire after 4096 blocks. We don’t know why the choice was made to have the protection expire. Before announcing the vulnerability, the ZenCash former lead developer pushed an update that extended the replay protection checking to forever.

If everyone were running the latest ZenCash node software, there would not be a problem, because all the mining pool operators and solo miners whose software has the ability to accept transactions into the mempool would have software that protected the blockchain. Right now that upgrade is non-mandatory, and older versions of the software are still vulnerable.

The Zen team is discussing the best course of action to take, and we encourage all mining pool operators and solo miners to stay abreast of the latest announcements.

From an organizational standpoint, there is progress. The ZenCash former lead developer is of course welcome to contribute software to the Zen project just like any other developer is welcome to do so. He will not be welcome to be part of the Zen leadership team going forward, though.

There is currently funds accumulating in the ZenCash treasury, at the rate of 8.5% of every block mined. These funds will be used by the Zen leadership to bootstrap the building of a complete development, operations, and communications team.

With the ability to hire and contract talented contributors, Zen will be able to continue working through the goals outlined in the Zen White Paper.

Future ZenCash communications will be based on a new domain name, zensystem.io. Look for us there!

New ZenCash website - https://zensystem.io

New ZenCash blog - https://blog.zensystem.io

New ZenCash Github - https://github.com/ZencashOfficial

you still  don't have a solution ?? the only way is a HF ....but still ZEN is DEAD!!! i am so fucking lucky i sold at a 20 usd price
it was a bubble ...even with out the 0 dasy shit  Grin Grin

THERE WILL BE ......

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dark12

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:47:52 PM

Why do people at this forum have such a difficult time using the quote tool?
dolores12

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:17:37 AM

Why do people at this forum have such a difficult time using the quote tool?

we delete the "[/quote]" by mistake simple  Grin

THERE WILL BE ......
blockops

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 12:55:54 AM

ZENCASH:

Is the software with the the fixes version v.2.0.8-4?
If not when will the latest be released and how do we update?

When will Bittrex wallets be unlocked?

It is this version Zen 2.0.8-2

At this url: https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zen

You can still trade Zen on Bittrex you are not able to deposit or withdraw. I expect Bittrex will unlock wallets when they are confident there is a low chance of a replay attack.

No, 2.0.8-2 is not the latest version.

Click on "3 releases" on github and you will see the newer versions. The readme has not been updated, which is confusing. I assume nodes should be running at least v.2.0.8-4 and wanted to know if there will be a release with the latest 6 commits that should be used.

ok, sorry about that. I am doing a new git clone, compile, and will post the version for you. It's been a busy day.

HORIZEN ►►► Bringing Privacy To Life
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  YouTube -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
blockops

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 01:01:42 AM

ZENCASH:

Is the software with the the fixes version v.2.0.8-4?
If not when will the latest be released and how do we update?

When will Bittrex wallets be unlocked?

It is this version Zen 2.0.8-2

At this url: https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/zen

You can still trade Zen on Bittrex you are not able to deposit or withdraw. I expect Bittrex will unlock wallets when they are confident there is a low chance of a replay attack.

No, 2.0.8-2 is not the latest version.

Click on "3 releases" on github and you will see the newer versions. The readme has not been updated, which is confusing. I assume nodes should be running at least v.2.0.8-4 and wanted to know if there will be a release with the latest 6 commits that should be used.

ok, sorry about that. I am doing a new git clone, compile, and will post the version for you. It's been a busy day.

The devs are also working on another update soon, and will make sure to update on this thread.

Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  YouTube -------- Twitter
norminorm

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:57:28 AM

Question to blackops
what will happen if i have transferred zencash to bittrex from miningpool. not knowing, in bittrex the zen wallet is under maintenance - should i be worried.
on the other hand, it is a bit amateurish for bittrex to lock the thinks down, without advising the customers. example: when i log in they send me an email. so why not do the same - when you are about to do something major like a locking the wallet, type of things. if we would like to take crypto to next level we have to be proactive and bulletproof from the get-go - other then that is a hobby.
constructive advice, when you do something. do right from the beginning, you have other coins to look for faults and you take only the best from them - on the other hand if you show weakness and continuously fix thinks it does not look good. I wish you guys the best and i love and i support your coin.
blockops

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 02:04:11 AM

Question to blackops
what will happen if i have transferred zencash to bittrex from miningpool. not knowing, in bittrex the zen wallet is under maintenance - should i be worried.
on the other hand, it is a bit amateurish for bittrex to lock the thinks down, without advising the customers. example: when i log in they send me an email. so why not do the same - when you are about to do something major like a locking the wallet, type of things. if we would like to take crypto to next level we have to be proactive and bulletproof from the get-go - other then that is a hobby.
constructive advice, when you do something. do right from the beginning, you have other coins to look for faults and you take only the best from them - on the other hand if you show weakness and continuously fix thinks it does not look good. I wish you guys the best and i love and i support your coin.

Thank you, I appreciate both your advice and support.

I believe if you already had a deposit address at Bittrex and sent zen to them, you should see it when wallet comes out of maintenance and updates with the blockchain again. I am not completely sure of that, but it is what I would expect would happen.

silentrunner

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:43:10 AM

Easy to give that advice when you haven't invested. For those who have invested it makes sense to encourage the market so the price can rise a little. Not much else they can do at the moment (many of them can't sell at all because bittrex locked the wallets). Rather than moan and bitch they better suck it up and cut the devs some slack ... it was really just one person, Movrcx (Joshua Yabut). I've seen much bigger companies go through worse because of a single person and then recovered to a bigger valuation (said person ended up nowhere in the end). It's doable.

After spending some time on slack tonight, I think it will recover. The market is memoryless, which will help.

I was invested but cut my losses at 40% when I realized what was happening after Joshua posted a picture of the sell off to his twitter in a mocking manner.

And it wasn't just Joshua, it was the whole Core team that was trying to defraud its users and not tell the exchanges about the exploit which could have been used to steal ALL of the coins on the network.

Proof: https://pastebin.com/3ZSbQY3h

They were worried that telling the truth would kill the coin. Guess what...

In the June 10th Video update (https://blog.zensystem.io/video-update-on-zencash-friday-june-10th-6-pm/) the explanation describes a hard fork of ZEN.  I was under the impression (from reading the Proof pastebin link above at [8:51]) that there might need to be a hard fork of ZCL and not ZEN.  Which is it?

If there is a hard fork of ZEN, what prevents miners staying on the original chain and creating a new coin like ETH/ETC?

Can we get some clarity on this??

We can't have another new coin....
sonicdx10

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:14:45 AM

AlvBlock.com running Zen  Roll Eyes
SubSpace666

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:41:19 AM

If there is a hard fork of ZEN, what prevents miners staying on the original chain and creating a new coin like ETH/ETC?

Can we get some clarity on this??

We can't have another new coin....

if thers a hardfork nothing prevents miners or anyone from staying on the original chain that's what a hardfork is , it would create a new coin.
all i heard personally was the possibility of a fork on zcl to prevent the replay attack , guessing a fork on zen would only need to happen if the replay attack was exploited meaningfully , i am not a blockchain expert in anyway though.
tortellino

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:49:54 AM

Hi,

since 4 days miningspeed.com is down...any news why and what happens with the mined coins laying there?

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
dqhuang

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:23:25 AM

how many zen i should buy for build a node?
mountain_drifter

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:39:47 AM

how many zen i should buy for build a node?

Currently the secure nodes are under development and is expected to be 42 zen required
TR8888

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:06:29 AM

When is maintenance likely to be complete on Bittrex?
SubSpace666

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:12:48 AM

could be a while , they sould be in maintenance until they fix the replay attack issue , could be weeks who knows
mountain_drifter

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:16:52 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 08:43:41 AM by mountain_drifter

No idea what the ZCL team plans are, but answers will be coming for ZEN. Most of the communication happens in the slack, so despite how many questions there appear to be over here in this thread, work on this issue is quite active.

Besides the ZEN core team and other contributors, IOHK is currently looking into the ZEN code with a primary focus of "...making sure everyone's Zen is safe and that the code is in a stable state"

A couple of the people from IOHK that are assigned specifically to looking into this are Prof. Roman Oliynykov, PhD https://iohk.io/team/roman-oliynykov/ and Dmytro Kaidalov, PhD https://iohk.io/team/dmytro-kaidalov/ of the Veritas Team. As an example, they wrote the dash treasury report https://iohk.io/research/papers/#NSJ554WR

I am very excited to see everyone that is taking a real interest in the ZEN code and becoming involved. More information will be coming soon. Although I hate when people say it, patience is a virtue right now. Greatness is happening and I have been quite impressed. I am looking forward to some of the possible future plans for ZEN and its partnerships!

In the meantime, if you have coins on ZEN from prior to block #110000 (ZCL coins that you held before the ZEN snapshot was created, the 1:1 ZCL:ZEN coins), the recommendation is to not create new TX's from those accounts (for now). Although trading is still active, this is why ZCL and ZEN withdraws/deposits have been suspended on Bittrex. It is to protect you (and the exchange) from any possible replay losses.

If you have any coins that were mined or otherwise transferred to you in addresses created after block #110000, I am not aware of any issues. To be clear though, I am not fully aware of the potential issues if you control address with balances on both chains. The slack seems to be the best source of updates: https://zencash.slack.com

disclaimer: this isn't an official response, just info that has been made public in the slack
TR8888

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:20:27 AM

Interesting info, Thanks.
daily_elephant

Activity: 175

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:00:12 AM

I think, despite all the issues ZEN has right now it's a good investment. I would like to compare to ETH after DAO hack, when price crashed.
Some people panic sold and lost a lot of money and others decided to hold because they believed in project.
I like the idea of ZEN and the team so for me there is no doubt it's going to be a success.

MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:15:18 AM

I think, despite all the issues ZEN has right now it's a good investment. I would like to compare to ETH after DAO hack, when price crashed.
Some people panic sold and lost a lot of money and others decided to hold because they believed in project.
I like the idea of ZEN and the team so for me there is no doubt it's going to be a success.
Maybe you're right, but damage is done and this price is just a indicator of trust level.
Correction made after that dump is not sustainable and now creates false hopes. I will wait for a while to see what will happen but so far ZCL slowly becoming a winner of this game.

You can rent this space
daily_elephant

Activity: 175

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:19:27 AM

Maybe you're right, but damage is done and this price is just a indicator of trust level.
Correction made after that dump is not sustainable and now creates false hopes. I will wait for a while to see what will happen but so far ZCL slowly becoming a winner of this game.

I also thought so, but as we see now the price of ZCL even lower than it was for last few weeks before all that.
I believe in both ZEN and ZCL but i think that ZCL is going to hit a bottom one or two times more before it's going to go up.

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: