Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:44:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of new scam giga watt miner hosting  (Read 6684 times)
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:50:36 PM

Why invest on cloud mining when almost of them are scams and the return of investment takes a long time. If you invest by getting your money on from faucets then its ok [since it is easy money in faucets], but putting a hard earned money is a great risk. In cloud mining you are dealing scams most of the time if you try sites that are newly made. Even it is legit like genesis and hashing24 it will be a hard time for the return of investment. For me, it is not advisable to rely on cloud mining because it is not permanent.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1225

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 01:27:29 PM

Why invest on cloud mining when almost of them are scams and the return of investment takes a long time. If you invest by getting your money on from faucets then its ok [since it is easy money in faucets], but putting a hard earned money is a great risk. In cloud mining you are dealing scams most of the time if you try sites that are newly made. Even it is legit like genesis and hashing24 it will be a hard time for the return of investment. For me, it is not advisable to rely on cloud mining because it is not permanent.

Some of them are ponzi and others are totally scam so people should need to be worried right now since anything bad might possible on this kind of investment and its truly better if we just leave the cloudmining investment thing since we cannot get any benifits their and the one we can earn is to get scam by them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
fm1984

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:21:47 AM

Dear Gigawatt investors,

Like yourself I invested in the Gigawatt project believing the developers, I am aware how risky the crypto space is...
Gigawatt is an American company though and there are some countermeasures we can take as customers.

Some of you agree that gigawatt made falls claims about timeline. Excuse was unforeseen trouble although they advertise that they do this for years. After taking our money and knowing they are delays, they kept selling miners they could not deploy as advertised, second mistake.

The customer service is terrible. No updates no answers to emails, third mistake.

I believe we should do what is our right and spread the word... I ask you, and I was censored on their Telegram Chanel for this (and this from people who are in the cryptospace), but go out and spread the word:

Go on Facebook, twitter  anywhere, write what happened:
1. Gigs-Watt is not reliable
2. They make false promises
3. They have a terrible customer service
Many of us will not make a cent because of the lies of gigawatt, let's save others

Before some fanboy defends them: gigawatt took a lot of money and did not deliver. On their mane internet page even after the known delays,  they lied and ignored us. Time for payback. Because customers are always right! Censoring  people on Telegram, claiming you believe in crypto and what it stands for shame on you!!!
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:25:24 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 11:53:56 AM by Minerjoe

Why do you say this company is a scam? I do see their owners and the actual location s been verified. Not to mention they have been in the market for years. I think I ve even read testimonials of some people actually going to visit that place.

I m always against cloud mining options, besides a single one I ve been using for years without issue; DMD Diamond.  However, this is different, this is classic hosting so I do not see a problem here.

fiscorcle

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 07:18:43 PM

Why do you say this company is a scam? I do see their owners and the actual location s been verified. Not to mention they have been in the market for years. I think I ve even read testimonials of some people actually going to visit that place.

I m always against cloud mining options, besides a single one I ve been using for years without issue. However, this is different, this is classic hosting so I do not see a problem here.

Can you provide links for their location verification and testimonials with pictures/videos of anyone who's been to visit their facility? I haven't come across anything of the sort...
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 722

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:57:22 AM

Dear Gigawatt investors,

Like yourself I invested in the Gigawatt project believing the developers, I am aware how risky the crypto space is...
Gigawatt is an American company though and there are some countermeasures we can take as customers.

Some of you agree that gigawatt made falls claims about timeline. Excuse was unforeseen trouble although they advertise that they do this for years. After taking our money and knowing they are delays, they kept selling miners they could not deploy as advertised, second mistake.

The customer service is terrible. No updates no answers to emails, third mistake.

I believe we should do what is our right and spread the word... I ask you, and I was censored on their Telegram Chanel for this (and this from people who are in the cryptospace), but go out and spread the word:

Many of us will not make a cent because of the lies of gigawatt, let's save others

Before some fanboy defends them: gigawatt took a lot of money and did not deliver. On their mane internet page even after the known delays,  they lied and ignored us. Time for payback. Because customers are always right! Censoring  people on Telegram, claiming you believe in crypto and what it stands for shame on you!!!
This is what I'm talking about on my previous post on this thread which we should really be careful on these kind of things because theres always been a shady part on these kind of investments. Seeing on your situation,i presumed that you did put investment on that one,right? If you did then for sure its a sure loss and this would really be lesson for you and no matter how you do spread their shady behavior you cant take your money back for sure.
fm1984

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 04:51:03 PM

Dear Gigawatt investors,

This is what I'm talking about on my previous post on this thread which we should really be careful on these kind of things because theres always been a shady part on these kind of investments. Seeing on your situation,i presumed that you did put investment on that one,right? If you did then for sure its a sure loss and this would really be lesson for you and no matter how you do spread their shady behavior you cant take your money back for sure.

Yes I do spread, Giga-Watt is one crypto investment. But yes again, it is better to invest in coins directly... I do not believe company is total fraud. They actually are building something. But they are acting unprofessional, and I fear this project is not going to last, so yes again, it is very likely I want even see ROI...

For people interested in investing in this project (I still believe the concept is good), I would wait until the dust settles and they proof they can manage their business. They are still selling miners on their site, even though some people waiting for orders from July 2017... I think in January 2018 more will be clear

P.S. Update on situation. They are still not ready and adding delays withPods.
They charge you for 1200W on D3 miner with 15 000Mh/S  although people who got their miners back from Giga-Watt and are mining at home say they get much better statistics... The D3 can do better than that, and Giga-Watt insists it is the D3 software that is faulty, Giga-Watt doesn't´t tune (so much for them being experts on mining...). So yet again they manage to take care of themselves.. The guy on their Telegram Chanel said to customers today: "stop acting like child for not getting your toys"
Some people invested hundreds of thousands... This is so unprofessional and disgusting. And Dave Carlson? He laughs all the way to the bank. Nice person 
ronealdenila
Copper Member

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

Telegram Username: @Webn_BountyManager

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:49:34 AM

Thanks For Informing atleast. Atleast we are now aware of this scammed sites. tsk

Offers affordable and well-managed Bounty Campaign
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:43:38 AM

I too saw their advertisements but somehow not confident to put money on any of these mining sites so didn't invest money and now I feel that lucky and saved my money.

There are so many these kind new projects are coming up but still, people invest money in these projects just because there is no proper system to verify which one is good and which is bad.
DCShmooC1

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:56:35 PM

Dear Gigawatt investors,

Yes I do spread, Giga-Watt is one crypto investment. But yes again, it is better to invest in coins directly... I do not believe company is total fraud. They actually are building something. But they are acting unprofessional, and I fear this project is not going to last, so yes again, it is very likely I want even see ROI...

For people interested in investing in this project (I still believe the concept is good), I would wait until the dust settles and they proof they can manage their business. They are still selling miners on their site, even though some people waiting for orders from July 2017... I think in January 2018 more will be clear

P.S. Update on situation. They are still not ready and adding delays withPods.
They charge you for 1200W on D3 miner with 15 000Mh/S  although people who got their miners back from Giga-Watt and are mining at home say they get much better statistics... The D3 can do better than that, and Giga-Watt insists it is the D3 software that is faulty, Giga-Watt doesn't´t tune (so much for them being experts on mining...). So yet again they manage to take care of themselves.. The guy on their Telegram Chanel said to customers today: "stop acting like child for not getting your toys"
Some people invested hundreds of thousands... This is so unprofessional and disgusting. And Dave Carlson? He laughs all the way to the bank. Nice person  

I was not on the ICO, I missed it, but kinda glad I did. I e-mailed them asking when pods would be available for non token holders. They said Dec to late Dec. and were fairly friendly. Then I checked in on them and asked if they would have any of the S9 Late Jan batches available to buy, so it could go straight into a pod. A bit harsh response (kind of rude/cocky), still no reply on the purchase inquiry. Would have wanted to get from them for the space, but now will just get from Bitmain.  Feel sorry for the token holders. They don't project manage well. That's what I do. I don't think they anticipated the permits and inspections. That can be a real problem. They are running late on their own token holders, so I will have to look elsewhere in the US for a Hosting location with credibility. Have 3-5 in between now and January that need to be hosted. It seemed like it started well enough, but I guess time will tell.  In the meantime, anyone know of a thread for hosting facility reviews, I would appreciate it (forum's search feature down).
Md.Esamul Haque

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:01:38 PM

Much thanks to you for giving us a notice however do you have any verifications? We have to check it first before judging , imagine a scenario in which they have a true blue site , you will be rebuffed by saying that we ought to be careful abd they are trick. You should be carefull in every one of the things that you are stating to your co-bitcoiners, in light of the fact that any wrong activity has a discipline, only a well disposed counsel as it were.
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 09:11:26 PM

I was not on the ICO, I missed it, but kinda glad I did. I e-mailed them asking when pods would be available for non token holders. They said Dec to late Dec. and were fairly friendly. Then I checked in on them and asked if they would have any of the S9 Late Jan batches available to buy, so it could go straight into a pod. A bit harsh response (kind of rude/cocky), still no reply on the purchase inquiry. Would have wanted to get from them for the space, but now will just get from Bitmain.  Feel sorry for the token holders. They don't project manage well. That's what I do. I don't think they anticipated the permits and inspections. That can be a real problem. They are running late on their own token holders, so I will have to look elsewhere in the US for a Hosting location with credibility. Have 3-5 in between now and January that need to be hosted. It seemed like it started well enough, but I guess time will tell.  In the meantime, anyone know of a thread for hosting facility reviews, I would appreciate it (forum's search feature down).

Did you manage to find an alternative hosting facility? 

As to delays - it's really extremely difficult to pass all these inspection approvals, like described in recent building update below:

Pangborn Update:  10 April 2018 - As the weather gets nicer so does our progress on construction.  We have 2 more pods that are ready for racks and equipment to begin placement, while our deployment team has finished yet another pod. 
While the project is nearing completion we have been dealt one more set back.  The PUD has required a special control cabinet for their side of the operation.  The cabinet requested is very meticulously put together and it has to be made to the exact specifications that the PUD has requested.
While we are waiting on the last pieces to arrive for our substation we are doing everything that we can to get power faster.  We have contracted a solution to bring in a mobile substation to provide  temporary power until the permanent substation is completed and powered. To make way for the mobile substation and our permanent one we need to make an H-frame to get the main power line down to the ground and have a metering cabinet installed by PUD.  If this is a viable option and is approved by the PUD we will have power to Pangborn in 2-3 weeks, we are doing our best to bring it to life as soon as we can, considering PUD time lines and approvals.  When we started we could not foresee these estimated difficulties and standards that were going to be needed by the PUD.  While these standards are very detailed and time consuming to conform to there has been a moratorium for cryptocurrency mining in neighboring counties  and it is pushing the Douglas County PUD to get a fast spin on the project.
Giga-Watt continues to show resolve and push forward in all phases to get deployment completed and all equipment online.
coindetective

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:40:28 AM

After so many cloud mining scam and even more cloud mining scam warnings, if people STILL get themselves scammed by these people or something similar, well,I d have say I am disappointed.

How can you invest money into something without actually doing deep analysis first?

cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:23:04 PM

After so many cloud mining scam and even more cloud mining scam warnings, if people STILL get themselves scammed by these people or something similar, well,I d have say I am disappointed.

How can you invest money into something without actually doing deep analysis first?
What distinguishes Giga Watt from similar services is that it is not a cloud mining.  Cheesy   You own your rigs if you host them at GW, an you can always send them elsewhere.

Here is brave news from their team, as they are approaching to finish the biggest facility now:

https://medium.com/gigawatt/giga-watt-going-forward-f5f2f9c88e71
mronezigger

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:30:10 PM

Good information but I will like to see or read  more detail backing  your clams
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: