Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:06:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FirstbitsRepo.com - Premium firstbits address such as 1sexy, 1stud, 1champ, etc  (Read 6947 times)
jcortez1594

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 05:47:34 PM

I have registered Smiley if I win, please pm here or contact via e-mail!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:31:23 PM

I have registered Smiley if I win, please pm here or contact via e-mail!
Certainly!
Jdumond

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:53:04 PM

I found a great address pre-generated, and I really want to use the PHYZERO code. It will not work. Sad

I dont like the guy. How many reasons do I have? alot.
How many reasons do I need? none.
I just dont like the guy.

Donate here: 1Juv5x7PHcNQdRzdUpWK1DHMKwMy7j7zxj
Tradehill: TH-R11447
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:15:39 PM

I found a great address pre-generated, and I really want to use the PHYZERO code. It will not work. Sad
Sorry, use PHY99 for now... I can't get the free one to work with bitpay invoices.  Sad
Guardian

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:16:09 AM

Registered!  Thanks for holding this!

Guardian
DBG

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

Digital Illustrator + Software/Hardware Developer

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:10:39 AM

Very cool idea (esp. the custom service) and great promotion.  I don't know if you are interested, but since you likely have hardware setup just for this purpose, you might want to try some of the bounties (although I think the math is off in some cases) - https://vanitypool.appspot.com/availableWork - although honestly I think most of those would likely take some time (lol I tried "1Casascius" across 4x Quad-Core Xeon 3.5 GHz processors at work... the best it could tell me is that there was a 50% chance that I would find a working key within a year... I think I let it run for 4 hours before I shut it off... who knows, I could have found a key if I had let it run for 4 hours and 1 minute =p).

Oh also registered =).

Bitcoin - 3DTcMYT8SmRw4o4Lbq9cvm71YaUtVuNn29
Litecoin - MAoFYsBf7BzeK86gg6WRqzFncfwWnoYZet
/* Coins are never required but always appreciated if feeling generous! */
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:09:08 AM

Very cool idea (esp. the custom service) and great promotion.  I don't know if you are interested, but since you likely have hardware setup just for this purpose, you might want to try some of the bounties (although I think the math is off in some cases) - https://vanitypool.appspot.com/availableWork - although honestly I think most of those would likely take some time (lol I tried "1Casascius" across 4x Quad-Core Xeon 3.5 GHz processors at work... the best it could tell me is that there was a 50% chance that I would find a working key within a year... I think I let it run for 4 hours before I shut it off... who knows, I could have found a key if I had let it run for 4 hours and 1 minute =p).

Oh also registered =).
Thanks!

I've looked through those bounties before, and never really found any that were a better value than just mining by itself.

Certainly, a 9-character address would take quite a long time even with the hardware I do have!
kneemoe

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 06:04:25 PM

Win 1 BTC Promotion

I am holding a 1 BTC drawing!  Simply register an account at firstbitsrepo.com, fill in your bitcointalk.org username in the Account Information page at firstbitsrepo.com, and then post in this thread stating that you registered (no need to post any information about your account here).  The drawing will be in two weeks, on May 5th.  Good luck!

Thanks, I just finished registering for this.
ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:09:53 PM

Thats a nice looking website!
I don't quite get your business though, but I don't really know about creating vanity addresses either.

Say I want 1sex46gaoihga42r2, Now this obviously would be worth a lot! if bitcoin was globally accepted. What is stopping me from creating a very close variant of it? I could have 1sex26lignilnrt25 couldn't I?

Anyways I registered, Good luck people.

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 06:04:58 PM

Thats a nice looking website!
I don't quite get your business though, but I don't really know about creating vanity addresses either.

Say I want 1sex46gaoihga42r2, Now this obviously would be worth a lot! if bitcoin was globally accepted. What is stopping me from creating a very close variant of it? I could have 1sex26lignilnrt25 couldn't I?

Anyways I registered, Good luck people.
Hi ABitBack,

Thank you for the complements on the design.

Yes, you certainly could do that!  I wrote in the FAQ a little bit about why firstbits addresses are valuable and useful.  I'll pull two important pieces of that into this post:

If two addresses compete for the same firstbits, the address that appears in the blockchain first is the only address that can use the given firstbits.  The address appearing further on in the blockchain would have more characters added to the firstbits until it is uniquely defined apart from all addresses appearing before it in the blockchain.

What this means is, I might have the address associated with the firstbits 1sexy, but anyone who generates an address afterward that starts with 1sexy would have the firstbits 1sexyt, or 1sexyw, or 1sexyb, etc.  It wouldn't be valued as highly simply because it is longer, more complicated, and not a primary word by itself.  Certainly, there are still a number of good unclaimed firstbits, and if you want some of them, I'd be happy to help you acquire them with the split key program.

You can look up a firstbits by going to blockchain.info, and typing it into the search bar.  For instance, type 1sexy into the address bar.  You can also send directly to a firstbits address with blockchain.info as well!

Here's some additional reasons why I find firstbits addresses useful:

●  Consolidating wallets between different computers.  A quick firstbits lookup will show the full address to send Bitcoins to, rather than having to email a full Bitcoin address to myself or attempting to manually copy it down.
●  Relative needs to pay me back for dinner?  A friend bought a piece of computer hardware from me?  If they need to pay me, I simply tell them what firstbits address to send it to, rather than having to remember to carry a QR code with me or emailing them a full Bitcoin address.
●  Shortening the address for space-sensitive online postings, such as forum signatures, forum avatar text, email signatures, or tweets.
●  Tipping!  In the future, artists might sign their artwork with their firstbits addresses, in an effort to gain tips for as long as the image circulates.  Writing in a full Bitcoin address wouldn't be practical, and relying on a centralized address shortener wouldn't ensure longevity of their tips.
●  Memorizing the Bitcoin addresses of other people.  For example, I might know that my own firstbits address is 1justin, which can prove handy, but because they are so short, I might also remember a friend's firstbits address is 1jones, and a relative's firstbits address is 1jerry.  In this way, I can pay them for any reason at any time without having to ask them for an address first.
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 07:19:35 AM

Win 1 BTC Promotion

I am holding a 1 BTC drawing!  Simply register an account at firstbitsrepo.com, fill in your bitcointalk.org username in the Account Information page at firstbitsrepo.com, and then post in this thread stating that you registered (no need to post any information about your account here).  The drawing will be in two weeks, on May 5th.  Good luck!

Registered Smiley
fsb4000
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:47:13 AM

Win 1 BTC Promotion

I am holding a 1 BTC drawing!  Simply register an account at firstbitsrepo.com, fill in your bitcointalk.org username in the Account Information page at firstbitsrepo.com, and then post in this thread stating that you registered (no need to post any information about your account here).  The drawing will be in two weeks, on May 5th.  Good luck!

Registered Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 08:38:40 AM

done, registered
hughperman

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:59:50 PM

Registered, thanks! Looks cool.
Jdumond

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:08:55 PM

My name is Joe and I have used this service with great success.

Also lost my job so I just had to buy

1BRoKeDuckrAg2A61WU45exm6XVoQANgZd

totally a broke duck..... Thanks for the great service,

the Broke duck totally accepts free bitcoins as well.

I dont like the guy. How many reasons do I have? alot.
How many reasons do I need? none.
I just dont like the guy.

Donate here: 1Juv5x7PHcNQdRzdUpWK1DHMKwMy7j7zxj
Tradehill: TH-R11447
codebyte

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:09:55 PM

I registered Smiley
tjb0607

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:53:07 AM

Registered! Smiley

username: tjb0607
address: 1bitcoinYwHyZsYBYU1oZbqywfRW9A5qf
mynameismonkey

Activity: 60

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 10:35:57 PM

Registered! Nice looking site  Cheesy

http://bitbooks.co - the Bitcoin eBook Marketplace. Please support Bitcoin-friendly authors!
Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:10:07 AM

Registered!

metazilla

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:09:17 PM

Registered!