Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:39:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp, 3677BTC Volume in last 15 mins  (Read 601 times)
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:31:54 PM

Now that was either a big spike or my charts went haywire :-)

And now they are all being sold again.

Someone's trading bot is about to get a stern telling off I think

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcmerich

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:45:03 PM

nah , that was one big dildo and it did trigger some panic buys and then some panic sells hahaaha

i do not think the buying that started it was a misstake.  It might be the  waiting for verdict buys,   there is a big chance that ETF is being approved by default today.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:46:41 PM

There are a few scenarios possible at this point;

# Mistake
# Manipulation
# Insider trading, which will result in the price to continue its rush.

The latter scenario might be very close. I won't be surprised if someone has taken a large position into Bitcoin before it starts to explode as result of what could be an approved ETF. Insider trading is more often than not a common practice. Perhaps that the usually boring weekends will end up to be more than profitable for traders. Wink
Tigggger (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:49:54 PM

I'll go with the latter for starting it, then 'mistake' for the follow up with badly programmed trading bots not being able to handle the sudden huge swing.

It was a fun rollercoaster that's for sure

Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:15:43 PM

I'll go with the latter for starting it, then 'mistake' for the follow up with badly programmed trading bots not being able to handle the sudden huge swing.

We have no more than 8 hours to wait for the ETF decision. So it is better to be patient before buying.

btcmerich

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:26:29 PM

We have no more than 8 hours to wait for the ETF decision. So it is better to be patient before buying.

so we are sure the SEC deadline is today and not on Monday?
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:37:31 PM

nah , that was one big dildo and it did trigger some panic buys and then some panic sells hahaaha

i do not think the buying that started it was a misstake.  It might be the  waiting for verdict buys,   there is a big chance that ETF is being approved by default today.

Maybe the buying up wasn't a mistake but the dump down? this seems to happen every few months in bitcoin, is it bots or another whale who doesn't understand the trading platform and just market sells ?

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
btcmerich

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:54:32 PM

Maybe the buying up wasn't a mistake but the dump down? this seems to happen every few months in bitcoin, is it bots or another whale who doesn't understand the trading platform and just market sells ?

not bad thinking there ,   i am sure the spike did trigger alot of  sell orders.  Sell orders that would have been canceled if the account holder was awake looking at the chart
york780

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:56:18 PM

300 mln a week = 3 000 000 : 1183 = 2536 btc extra per week --> this means 8.6 % GROWTH EXTRA PER WEEK!!!! And people still saying that ETF isnt a big deal. ETF aproved = every holder with at least 5 btc is rich af.
teramit
Legendary

Activity: 1868
Merit: 1387

The Last Cryptocoin Burner

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:56:29 PM

its probably trigger orders, some huge holders put market sale at high prices when prices surged to there with a whale it triggered and also triggered other small orders so sum of all orders created big dump and this dump activated some big buy orders as a result we see this graph.
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:58:45 PM

this is one of those times that i am laughing at everyone else specially those in the market who were running around not knowing what to do. i always go long and stay safe Smiley

shorter's faces should be a nice sight right now.

to the moon with bitcoin...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: