Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:03:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin benefit of saving for a long time?  (Read 82237 times)
Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 01:15:14 PM

As long as there has been no official country use bitcoin then I dare to keep a long time, this is because the price could drop by up to 30% in 3 days only and it is often the case, I'll sell when I think already get the profit.

What does it mean "official country"?
Do you see most of the powerful and established countries like China, America, Canada and many more countries are use it in official level and also they are easily using it in open market. So it is depend on us, if we want to save our bitcoins for a long time or short time. If you want profit hurry than should sell it. But i prefer to use bitcoin in a both ways, like now i have save for a long time, and also use it for a short time.   
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 01:23:13 PM

Holding bitcoin for a long time is good if you start way back 2014 because price of bitcoin that time is already doubled at current price but for now much better to do trading than holding it for a long time, we should take the advantage of the fluctuation of the price
I have to disagree with you with this one as Holding Bitcoin in a long term position is not appropriate or Bitcoin is not really for Long Term Investments. Remember when Bitcoin drop at 500$ per coin last 2016 it was the worst moment for Investors if they listened to your advice to keep holding Bitcoin. For me you have to take advantage of the price drops and increase at the same time, Holding Bitcoin will certainly avoid those advantages. Bitcoin is more fitted in the short term position.
But that depends on what someone understands form long term, bitcoin is a currency that moves so fast that I think long term in bitcoin could be for someone to hold for their entire lifetimes but for some long term is at most one year.

Back in the 2013/2014 is still good for long term, but i'm not sure for now. As you can see bitcoin is on top price right now and if you want saving for long time, it's better not for 1 year and more. Under 1 year is still profitable in my opinion. Because bitcoin price can easily increase/decrease nowdays. It would be very risky.
Well, don't think the journey will end already, we just have broke the ATH this year so I believe there will be more to come.
I really believe bitcoin for long term investment, also the same with some good altcoins nowadays, they will give us good return for sure.

Saving bitcoin for longer period of time is risky as you never know when the prices goes up or down and as far as investment is concerned you have to choose a profitable business or campaign but for long term investment i don't think it's a wise option

Selling all your bitcoins is as risky

Selling all might mean that you will miss future profits that Bitcoin may bring (unless you are going to get done with Bitcoin altogether and call it a day). So either selling all or buying all (I mean with all your available capital) are both risky extremes that we should certainly avoid. The common sense tells us that we should neither sell all nor buy all, at least, not all at once. Indeed, this might eat away at the potential profits (if you didn't go all in and price rose), but, on the other hand, you won't suffer massive losses if prices actually decline instead of rising

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1327

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:20:51 AM

why so many people store their bitcoin in their wallet for a long time, whether the benefits will they get?

Come share your thoughts

because by saving bitcoin for a long time is one of the greatest investment because the bitcoin price is pumping every so they can multiply their bitcoin by that saving it for a long time. So that is the benefit a huge earning.
By saving your bitcoin you don’t multiply the amount of bitcoin you have, what you are doing is augmenting the amount of fiat you have if you decide to sell and obviously if you sell and then wait for the price to get lower then you can get more bitcoin that way but that is trading not saving.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:30:13 AM

why so many people store their bitcoin in their wallet for a long time, whether the benefits will they get?

Come share your thoughts

because by saving bitcoin for a long time is one of the greatest investment because the bitcoin price is pumping every so they can multiply their bitcoin by that saving it for a long time. So that is the benefit a huge earning.

Yes agree, the longer we keep bitcoin then we will get more profit. Many people worried when the price down so that they sell everything, the fact the price will go up again within a short period. Don't panic when the price down because only temporary.
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:47:03 AM

It looks like this is quite promising when we save a bitcoin for long periods of time, a year ago the price is only around $300 and has now reached $1200, if we buy and sell a year then the price will menapai $2500 or more.

This is how bitcoin really good for saving in long term or run, many people experienced that, because they bought coins in early time and hold it for long and now they are gaining profits, maybe its risky because there were time of coin value crashed down yet they continue on believing that it will rises up again so they got what they really want a big profit.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:53:02 AM

Come share your thoughts

Yes agree, the longer we keep bitcoin then we will get more profit. Many people worried when the price down so that they sell everything, the fact the price will go up again within a short period. Don't panic when the price down because only temporary.
Correct and the result is lossing their chance to get big profit by doing panic selling.
Save all your income in bitcoin is very worth it specially in longbperiod of time every year bitcoin has a huge change in its value by that our possible earning has increasing also.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:54:15 AM

It looks like this is quite promising when we save a bitcoin for long periods of time, a year ago the price is only around $300 and has now reached $1200, if we buy and sell a year then the price will menapai $2500 or more.

This is how bitcoin really good for saving in long term or run, many people experienced that, because they bought coins in early time and hold it for long and now they are gaining profits, maybe its risky because there were time of coin value crashed down yet they continue on believing that it will rises up again so they got what they really want a big profit.

There is always some risk, but I think we can trust Bitcoin. The currency is available since some years ago and investors never regrets about buying Bitcoins and adopting Crypto-Currency as investment scheme. Even if the price crashes for some time it will recover later and we will make our profit. On long term Bitcoin worth very much and there are people planning to store it for the next decades!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:22:54 AM

Come share your thoughts

By saving your bitcoin you don’t multiply the amount of bitcoin you have, what you are doing is augmenting the amount of fiat you have if you decide to sell and obviously if you sell and then wait for the price to get lower then you can get more bitcoin that way but that is trading not saving.

You are wrong the fact that you are keeping hold of your bitcoin for an intended purpose later on is what it makes savings. It is savings since you are setting aside some bitcoins but it is also trading since bitcoin is prone to volatility and you have the tendency to sell your bitcoin when it is at a higher value. Bitcoin is unique and here we cannot separate savings and trading.
Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 06:32:15 AM

Holding bitcoin for a long time is good if you start way back 2014 because price of bitcoin that time is already doubled at current price but for now much better to do trading than holding it for a long time, we should take the advantage of the fluctuation of the price
I have to disagree with you with this one as Holding Bitcoin in a long term position is not appropriate or Bitcoin is not really for Long Term Investments. Remember when Bitcoin drop at 500$ per coin last 2016 it was the worst moment for Investors if they listened to your advice to keep holding Bitcoin. For me you have to take advantage of the price drops and increase at the same time, Holding Bitcoin will certainly avoid those advantages. Bitcoin is more fitted in the short term position.
But that depends on what someone understands form long term, bitcoin is a currency that moves so fast that I think long term in bitcoin could be for someone to hold for their entire lifetimes but for some long term is at most one year.

Back in the 2013/2014 is still good for long term, but i'm not sure for now. As you can see bitcoin is on top price right now and if you want saving for long time, it's better not for 1 year and more. Under 1 year is still profitable in my opinion. Because bitcoin price can easily increase/decrease nowdays. It would be very risky.
Well, don't think the journey will end already, we just have broke the ATH this year so I believe there will be more to come.
I really believe bitcoin for long term investment, also the same with some good altcoins nowadays, they will give us good return for sure.

Saving bitcoin for longer period of time is risky as you never know when the prices goes up or down and as far as investment is concerned you have to choose a profitable business or campaign but for long term investment i don't think it's a wise option

Selling all might mean that you will miss future profits that Bitcoin may bring (unless you are going to get done with Bitcoin altogether and call it a day). So either selling all or buying all (I mean with all your available capital) are both risky extremes that we should certainly avoid. The common sense tells us that we should neither sell all nor buy all, at least, not all at once. Indeed, this might eat away at the potential profits (if you didn't go all in and price rose), but, on the other hand, you won't suffer massive losses if prices actually decline instead of rising
Nah, selling all of your Bitcoin isn't that risky because you know how much you've gained or lost.  If you hold for a long time it might cease to be a popular choice for all you know.  I would still do it though, just because I expect it to rise.

White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:28:10 PM

Well it depends if you are a person who's in to bitcoin who has a steady income in just wanted and looking for additional income or profit you might preferred or probably decide to save your bitcoin for a long time till you decided to cash it out .

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:08:41 PM

There are various types of investors in real life. Based on their risk taking capability, they choose their own method. People who are not willing to take much risk but still want to get some return, can choose stacking up bitcoin and keeping them idle for a long time to get the desired income .

People will more risk taking capability, goes into the market to trade the bitcoin and earn profit out of it. I am a medium risk taker, hence I prefer to keep the larger portion of my bitcoin in to my wallet and wait for the right time. While I trade in the market with a minor percentage of my holding to get daily profit.  So it all depends on how much risk you are willing to take.

Intersan

Activity: 641
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:44:03 PM

Come share your thoughts

People keep their bitcoin in their wallet because they believe that the price of bitcoin will get higher. They are waiting for that time because they believe that it will be the right time to convert their bitcoin into fiat money. I know some people who are also members of this forum and they are the ones who told me about that.

posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:09:55 PM

Come share your thoughts

People keep their bitcoin in their wallet because they believe that the price of bitcoin will get higher. They are waiting for that time because they believe that it will be the right time to convert their bitcoin into fiat money. I know some people who are also members of this forum and they are the ones who told me about that.

Yes, people have trust on bitcoin, and bitcoin is first crypto who is in a high price, and we can earn from bitcoin easily, and most of the people know that bitcoin has a bright future. So the reason is that people save their bitcoins into their wallets.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:13:15 PM

Well it depends if you are a person who's in to bitcoin who has a steady income in just wanted and looking for additional income or profit you might preferred or probably decide to save your bitcoin for a long time till you decided to cash it out .

Don't simply consider the bitcoin only a passive income and useful in the needful time. Bitcoin has the potential to over take USD and EUR in future and It will be adopted by USA soon then globally bitcoin will be recognized.
Bitcoin has the potential to reach costliest in the world in near future. As much you can just hold the bitcoin in your wallet itself.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 04:15:50 PM

As long as there has been no official country use bitcoin then I dare to keep a long time, this is because the price could drop by up to 30% in 3 days only and it is often the case, I'll sell when I think already get the profit.
What does that have to do with anything? Sure, it's a very volatile currency, but just look at the long term trend, if you hold long enough, the price will just bounce back again.
Unless something really serious happens.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 04:17:24 PM

Nah, selling all of your Bitcoin isn't that risky because you know how much you've gained or lost.  If you hold for a long time it might cease to be a popular choice for all you know.  I would still do it though, just because I expect it to rise

To see what I mean you should reverse the situation

You are thinking in dollar terms as most of us are. For example, if you buy 1 bitcoin at 1,000 dollars and sell it at 1,200 dollars, your profits amount to 200 dollars (minus trading fees). So far so good. But if you reverse your price tags and start thinking in Bitcoin terms, you will see that you now have dollars, so if Bitcoin continues to grow, your dollars, consequently, will be losing value (if priced in bitcoins). For you thinking in Bitcoin terms it will be seen and felt in absolutely the same way as Bitcoin crashing for those who think in dollar terms

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1327

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:50:29 PM

The key in trading like most things in life is timing those that have been able to get out of bitcoin and then back in at favorable prices have probably made a small fortune by simply waiting for bubbles to burst and if they shorted bitcoin as well then they earned in the way down too.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:37:55 AM

The key in trading like most things in life is timing those that have been able to get out of bitcoin and then back in at favorable prices have probably made a small fortune by simply waiting for bubbles to burst and if they shorted bitcoin as well then they earned in the way down too.
Yeah, Great timing is one of the secret of the good professional traders who made a lot of money in the market. Aside from knowledge and alertness in the market they can also earn bitcoins through their great timing of buy and selling at the market because if they bought at a very low price and the price pumped and bounce back then that is one of the example of great timing which often leads to profit.
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1114

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:00:02 AM

Nothing more safer than that. Just waiting and taking that opportunity when it gets so high that you cant believe it anymore.
That is just the time I sell when the price is impossible to think that it would happen.
Well, a little profit could also do make it but you will also have to think the time when you again.
Remember always that the buy rate is way too higher than the selling price. So you will need to consider that.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:58:00 AM

Come share your thoughts

Yes, people have trust on bitcoin, and bitcoin is first crypto who is in a high price, and we can earn from bitcoin easily, and most of the people know that bitcoin has a bright future. So the reason is that people save their bitcoins into their wallets.

I agree with you too. Saving the bitcoin for a long time will be beneficial someday. The right time for bitcoin will surely come and it's price will be at it's peak. Even though many people still do not know what bitcoin is and where is it for, the time for bitcoin to be used all around the world ( legally, to be more optimistic ) will come. And when that time come, people who have kept their bitcoin in their wallet would benefit for sure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: