Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About Bitcoin Foundation  (Read 1391 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:55:57 PM

When Satoshi left the scene, some people thought it would be a good idea to have a governing body or a central organization that could speak

with governments about Bitcoin. They were also supposed to arrange big events where Bitcoin is discussed and promoted, but most of that money

went into huge salaries for the people "working" for the BF. { even the secretary got a huge salary}  Angry

dont forget the mightyduck child actor turned fund syphoner brock.
once he joined.. it was game over for the BF

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 04:30:26 PM

The Bitcoin Foundation is an American nonprofit corporation. It was founded in September 2012 with the stated mission to "standardize, protect and promote the use of bitcoin cryptographic money for the benefit of users worldwide."

They are helping for bitcoin's promotion
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:52:54 AM

When Satoshi left the scene, some people thought it would be a good idea to have a governing body or a central organization that could speak

with governments about Bitcoin. They were also supposed to arrange big events where Bitcoin is discussed and promoted, but most of that money

went into huge salaries for the people "working" for the BF. { even the secretary got a huge salary}  Angry

dont forget the mightyduck child actor turned fund syphoner brock.
once he joined.. it was game over for the BF

... meanwhile at a pool party at M&C Estate with his buddies Marc Collins-Rector, Brian Synger and Chad Shackley and some underaged boys ...

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:07:46 AM

The Bitcoin Foundation is an American nonprofit corporation. It was founded in September 2012 with the stated mission to "standardize, protect and promote the use of bitcoin cryptographic money for the benefit of users worldwide."

All they managed to do is help soil name of the Bitcoin, nothing more. I don't think Bitcoin foundation is even actively providing advocacy for BTC.
Former vice-chairman of Bitcoinfoundation, Charlie Shrem was involved with Silk Road and was pleaded guilty of helping the operation of an unlicensed money-transmitting.
Executive chairman of BTF Peter Vessenes was closely working with Mark Karpeles of Mt.Gox. Amazing business connection these fellows had.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:09:57 AM

Heres a conspiracy theory for everyone. What if Satoshi was really a group of people that was comprised of the same people in the Bitcoin Foundation. What if this was all planned in the first place? Bitcoin, the Silk Road, MtGox, everything and then it had a life of its own.

Sometimes I cant imagine how Bitcoin became successful accidentally. There must be an invisible hand moving to ensure success.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:37:17 AM

Heres a conspiracy theory for everyone. What if Satoshi was really a group of people that was comprised of the same people in the Bitcoin Foundation. What if this was all planned in the first place? Bitcoin, the Silk Road, MtGox, everything and then it had a life of its own.

Sometimes I cant imagine how Bitcoin became successful accidentally. There must be an invisible hand moving to ensure success.
My first and major concern about your theory - we know that Satoshi is owner of roughly 1.7% of all bitcoin in existence.
So tell me why he/they would want to go for all these trouble to gain petty money, compared to Satoshi's fortune?
That is why I doubt these events were planned in any way, it was simply series of unfortunate events.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 07:26:14 AM

My first and major concern about your theory - we know that Satoshi is owner of roughly 1.7% of all bitcoin in existence.
So tell me why he/they would want to go for all these trouble to gain petty money, compared to Satoshi's fortune?
That is why I doubt these events were planned in any way, it was simply series of unfortunate events.

But the objective is not to gain petty money. Its to ensure the success of the network. The group created their own currency out of thin air, created the first market where the banks have no way serving, so no competition for BTC and they bought and controlled the first fiat to BTC exchange which is MtGox. They also had this forum as a meeting place for offering jobs that pay in BTC.

It all started from there. I sometimes find it difficult to imagine that it was all an accident.
kingstarblack

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 07:37:23 AM

Yeah, that is their purpose. But on the other hand they have a goal of where they want to take over all things about bitcoin (seems to me like a central bank use bitcoin). But that's something beneficial, as with the establishment of the company at least bitcoin has a greater chance to grow the higher or much better than the previous ones.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: