Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:03:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does bitcoin trading works?  (Read 356 times)
creepyjas (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:59:21 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2017, 05:43:50 PM by creepyjas

This probably is a silly question, I am still a newb in terms of trading and other bitcoin related topics. How does it work?

Do I buy bitcoins from a seller with low price and sell it to people with a higher price? Did I get it right? Or my idea of trading is different?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:20:26 PM

This probably is a silly question, I am still a newb in terms of trading and other bitcoin related topics. How does it work?

Do I buy bitcoins from a seller with low price and sell it to people with a higher price? Did I get it right? Or my idea of trading is different?

Since you have admitted that its a silly question, then there is no need for me to overflogged the matter. For you to be able to create a thread for this and even in this same section of the forum like this then it shows a level of understanding of how the forum works. But it would have been better if you just take a look at other threads and you get more than enough answers.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:30:55 PM

No man, that's a reasonable question.
You basically have it. To complicate thing a bit bitcoin is a global currency. So you might be buying in Yen and selling in Euro, but still a trade on valuation. Of course the price could srop 30% and you may have to wait years to see a profit.
Bitcoin is not a stock or a bond and was not invented to trade like that. Many people have lost all their money trying to trade. Bitcoin is a currency and you can do very well without selling. I have never sold a bitcoin and yet I realize a fortune in saving just spending it. If all you do is trade it you have not yet seen the true power of bitcoin.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
creepyjas (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:43:34 PM

Since you have admitted that its a silly question, then there is no need for me to overflogged the matter. For you to be able to create a thread for this and even in this same section of the forum like this then it shows a level of understanding of how the forum works. But it would have been better if you just take a look at other threads and you get more than enough answers.

I asked because I was confused. I just thought that it is trading bitcoin with bitcoin.

No man, that's a reasonable question.
You basically have it. To complicate thing a bit bitcoin is a global currency. So you might be buying in Yen and selling in Euro, but still a trade on valuation. Of course the price could srop 30% and you may have to wait years to see a profit.
Bitcoin is not a stock or a bond and was not invented to trade like that. Many people have lost all their money trying to trade. Bitcoin is a currency and you can do very well without selling. I have never sold a bitcoin and yet I realize a fortune in saving just spending it. If all you do is trade it you have not yet seen the true power of bitcoin.

Thank you for explaining. I guess I was right with the buying / selling part, but with the addition of different world currencies.

Locking this thread, since I got the answer. Thank you @RodeoX
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: