Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [HONEY] Honey 2.0 - Featuring PoS 3.0 - Sweet!  (Read 98297 times)
mikez1z1

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:19:27 AM

Ok gotcha, so the rpcclient is built into honeyd. A little unintuitive but OK once you figure it out.

$ honeyd getinfo
{
    "version" : "v2.1.2.0-g-Honeypot",
    "protocolversion" : 60016,
}

Also do you have a link for the blockchain bootstrap? Sorry if it was already posted in this thread I can't find it

Thanks,

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:38:54 AM

Ok gotcha, so the rpcclient is built into honeyd. A little unintuitive but OK once you figure it out.
Yeah, there's a couple other coins that seem to have that configuration (the daemon alone) too.

Also do you have a link for the blockchain bootstrap? Sorry if it was already posted in this thread I can't find it
The link can be found on page 44 of this forum (the awesome work of bumbacoin by the evidence)...

here's a bootstrap to block 164592

honeybootstrap164592.dat.zip

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drRkNYYllBNmxac3M

quick instructions.
delete everything in yr datadirectory EXCEPT yr wallet.dat << back it up while you're there

unzip honeybootstrap164592.dat.zip and rename to bootstrap.dat
put bootstrap.dat into your datadirectory
open Honey wallet

if it does not fully load on first go, you can close your wallet,
rename the bootstrap again (bootstrap.dat.old >> bootstrap.dat)
restart wallet and it will continue from where it ended

if you are on correct chain,
but cannot sync you can leave the contents in your datadirectory alone,
and just put the bootstrap in, it will continue from where you are up to.

new bootstrap up to block 173048
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5j8d4FSc7drLXNEbmc1WHZqR28

direct link
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5j8d4FSc7drLXNEbmc1WHZqR28

There may be a later variation in the ten or so pages after that post (I did a quick survey until I found that)... the link that I seemed to have used myself sometime in the last three weeks was https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wynoMqUHq2HtAm7xDaF0N0118-NbzEZF
or https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1wynoMqUHq2HtAm7xDaF0N0118-NbzEZF&export=download .

I wish there was a checksum provided for that or something.  I didn't exactly virus scan it with ClamTK or a thorough malware scanner though (probably not as big an issue as Windows but not a non-issue); I kind of took my chances.

Like the pool information question I had earlier today, the bootstrap+instructions should probably be added to the OP to facilitate building the wallet for new users of this chain.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
mikez1z1

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:57:36 AM

There may be a later variation in the ten or so pages after that post (I did a quick survey until I found that)... the link that I seemed to have used myself sometime in the last three weeks was https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wynoMqUHq2HtAm7xDaF0N0118-NbzEZF
or https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1wynoMqUHq2HtAm7xDaF0N0118-NbzEZF&export=download .

Thanks for the response. bumbacoin's link points to a 404. I can download from the google drive link you gave, but unfortunately all blocks are being rejected. Repeating ORPHAN BLOCK in debug.log. getinfo shows only 2 blocks after the bootstrap is scanned...

{
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 2,

heratys111

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:40:31 AM

Thanks for the response. bumbacoin's link points to a 404. I can download from the google drive link you gave, but unfortunately all blocks are being rejected. Repeating ORPHAN BLOCK in debug.log. getinfo shows only 2 blocks after the bootstrap is scanned...

{
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 2,

I read back through some of the forum posts from that page 44 on... it appears that some of the wallet versions have hung on that block 2 (the weird thing is I'm using the same version you are and I'm at the same block as the block explorer here: http://honey.thecryptochat.net/ ).

What I'd suggest is incorporating some of the addnodes found here: https://cryptodatabase.net/honey/peers.php -- particularly the ones running vrsn. 2.1.2.

If that doesn't work, maybe try an older version at an earlier commit at Github(?).

I also saw in those posts that the dev made himself available in the Discord for help.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
mikez1z1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:57:45 PM

Thanks, I was able to get it fully synced using a download link that was provided in the discord chat.

I shouldn't relink it here since it wasn't posted by the dev, so it may or may not be correct.

But it works and I can send to/from coinexchange.io

dev should address this as soon as he's back, a new user shouldn't have to do any voodoo just to get the blockchain synced.

AltCoin555

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:33:38 AM

Thanks, I was able to get it fully synced using a download link that was provided in the discord chat.

I shouldn't relink it here since it wasn't posted by the dev, so it may or may not be correct.

But it works and I can send to/from coinexchange.io

dev should address this as soon as he's back, a new user shouldn't have to do any voodoo just to get the blockchain synced.

Power of Voodoo? Who do? YOU DO!

Learn.
AaddeMos

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:45:25 AM

Hi!

Could someone explain to me what this project is about? And is it still actively being developed? I look at the tweets from the dev and they seem a while ago, and the website is not working.
wnj4

Activity: 660
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:04:51 AM

Hi!

Could someone explain to me what this project is about? And is it still actively being developed? I look at the tweets from the dev and they seem a while ago, and the website is not working.

I think that the ANN title explains what's Honey project about, and yes Honey project still active you just need to review previous posts.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
heratys111

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:46:07 AM

Hi!

This person has a good point.
  There should be an active website (as with any other credible or active coin).
  A few models can be found with Bulwark, Amsterdamcoin, or Polytimos -- if a site with bling is desired.  --Or-- it can go the route of https://spectreproject.io/ or http://cthulhuofferings.tk/ .  I prefer the latter styles (as less gentrified and -- in my view -- more authentic), but the dev should make a design that he likes IMO and keep it maintained.  Perhaps, if necessary, a bounty might be offered to bring something about(?).

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 07:26:48 AM

HONEY informational website can be found at https://cryptodatabase.net/honey/

If any information is missing or needs updated please let me know and it can be done.
AltCoin555

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:36:13 AM

Hi!

A few models can be found with Bulwark, Amsterdamcoin, or Polytimos -- if a site with bling is desired.  --Or-- it can go the route of https://spectreproject.io/ or http://cthulhuofferings.tk/ .  I prefer the latter styles (as less gentrified and -- in my view -- more authentic), but the dev should make a design that he likes IMO and keep it maintained.  Perhaps, if necessary, a bounty might be offered to bring something about(?).

For the most part I hate grammar nazis or people that critique spelling, I generally believe if you understand what is being communicated that is good enough. However, I can't get past your usage of "gentrified" in your statement. Please understand the meaning to a word before using the word.

In response to your message, there will be some news soon, so wait for the (very dedicated) developer to bring that news to us. Not so long ago I saw a wordpress template on the site regarding Honey, so they are still working on an updated version, so be patient.

Learn.
mikez1z1

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:00:45 PM

Having said all that, it would be more assuring if DEV was actively posting and giving updates on his progress.

He can't pull a Satoshi just yet..

heratys111

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:34:57 AM

A few models can be found with Bulwark, Amsterdamcoin, or Polytimos -- if a site with bling is desired.  --Or-- it can go the route of https://spectreproject.io/ or http://cthulhuofferings.tk/ .  I prefer the latter styles (as less gentrified and -- in my view -- more authentic), but the dev should make a design that he likes IMO and keep it maintained.  Perhaps, if necessary, a bounty might be offered to bring something about(?).

For the most part I hate grammar nazis or people that critique spelling, I generally believe if you understand what is being communicated that is good enough. However, I can't get past your usage of "gentrified" in your statement. Please understand the meaning to a word before using the word.

True enough, it was a poor word-choice made too hastily or drowsily.  I was trying to form additional connotations to the word which (the dictionary just confirmed) only has the sense of developing older neighborhoods into more affluent ones.  Instead, it would have been clearer and more precise if I'd written that the first three sites are more graphics-based in their presentation; whereas the latter two get the ideas across with lower-profile marketing.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Abrahamtt

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:45:57 AM

HONEY's market value is gradually declining, I do not know whether the author is communicating with the new exchange?
AltCoin555

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:36:28 AM

Hi--
I have successfully read the entire honey thread and finally figured out how to get my wallet setup and successfully synced with the bc. I transfer coin in from a pool miner and a coin exchange. I would like to stake the coin but I cant figure out how to do it in the wallet and have found nothing on google or in the thread. Can you take a minute and tell me?

Highest Regards

Not a huge fan of replying to new accounts. Perhaps you should up your rating by posting some more before direct messaging someone. However, I love Honey. Transfer what you have to your wallet, keep the wallet open all times on that computer and you will eventually stake some additional Honey. Easy as that. If you have a small amount it may seem it takes long, but that's because your stake weight is related to how much you own in your wallet.

The best ratio I can explain is that about 1k Honey will give you about 100 Honey per month. So with the price in mind, that may be $20-$60 per month, basically 100 HONEY. Yes, just keep that STAKING for a build-up of more and more coins. Passive, free, money, HONEY!

Learn.
mikez1z1

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:41:56 AM

Passive, free, money, HONEY!

I enjoyed this
Naes

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:44:55 AM

HONEY's market value is gradually declining, I do not know whether the author is communicating with the new exchange?

Now most of the altcoins are losing value due to the growth of bitcoins. I think that in the near future all altcoins will compensate for the price.
terratian

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:55:33 AM

Hi--
I have successfully read the entire honey thread and finally figured out how to get my wallet setup and successfully synced with the bc. I transfer coin in from a pool miner and a coin exchange. I would like to stake the coin but I can't figure out how to do it in the wallet and have found nothing on google or in the thread. Can you take a minute and tell me?

Highest Regards

Not a huge fan of replying to new accounts. Perhaps you should up your rating by posting some more before direct messaging someone. However, I love Honey. Transfer what you have to your wallet, keep the wallet open all times on that computer and you will eventually stake some additional Honey. Easy as that. If you have a small amount it may seem it takes longer, but that's because your stake weight is related to how much you own in your wallet.

The best ratio I can explain is that about 1k Honey will give you about 100 Honey per month. So with the price in mind, that may be $20-$60 per month, basically 100 HONEY. Yes, just keep that STAKING for a build-up of more and more coins. Passive, free, money, HONEY!

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me--I didn't realize I was using improper forum etiquette--I just had been struggling into the wee hours of the morning figuring out how to fix the blockchain in my wallet and wanted all the other features of the coin operational. I am successfully staking, pool mining, and enjoying being a part of honey coin now.

Thank you for your help and warm welcome, albeit with a lesson. Smiley
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 09:12:11 AM

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me--I didn't realize I was using improper forum etiquette--I just had been struggling into the wee hours of the morning figuring out how to fix the blockchain in my wallet and wanted all the other features of the coin operational. I am successfully staking, pool mining, and enjoying being a part of honey coin now.

Please don't misunderstand this, the new account thing is mainly for people messaging others wanting them to invest or check out their coin.

Sending someone a message asking for help with a coin should never be affected by anything other than the person that was asked being willing to help. That is what this forum is for afterall, people getting together and sharing their ideas and projects while talking about them.

New accounts more than any other should be able to get this help without having to spend months or years here first in order to get a response.
AltCoin555

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:01:36 AM

Please don't misunderstand this, the new account thing is mainly for people messaging others wanting them to invest or check out their coin.

Sending someone a message asking for help with a coin should never be affected by anything other than the person that was asked being willing to help. That is what this forum is for afterall, people getting together and sharing their ideas and projects while talking about them.

New accounts more than any other should be able to get this help without having to spend months or years here first in order to get a response.

Yes, I should have explained more. Direct messages from newbie accounts get flagged in the inbox as basically spam. I nearly ignored the message but realized it was regarding a question about Honey. I hope I was not inferring that "how dare you talk to me up on my high horse", lol, that was definitely not the case.

If you have any more questions terratian, just post them here, plenty of people are willing to help you out.

Honey price is good, but right now I'm more impressed with the volume.

Learn.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: