Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:47:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does poloniex load fast for you?  (Read 564 times)
puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 12:16:13 PM

Compare to bittrex

I prefer to use bittrex, although polo has better graphs, feature but

Poloniex has one major issue which is it the site always freeze, i cannot let it run on tab if i don't need it, it will just freeze there.

Any solution for this?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:20:42 PM

Clearing cache and cookies would always be the first advice, as they lead to Browser hanging/freezing. But unlike you, Poloniex actually loads faster for me than Bittrex, although I have a turtle Internet connection. Any coin's market on Bittrex would take 5-10 minutes to fully reload. Which is completely normal for me...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 12:25:16 PM

Clearing cache and cookies would always be the first advice, as they lead to Browser hanging/freezing. But unlike you, Poloniex actually loads faster for me than Bittrex, although I have a turtle Internet connection. Any coin's market on Bittrex would take 5-10 minutes to fully reload. Which is completely normal for me...

All the cache and cookies? Or just Poloniex's?

Hmmm, my internet is still kinda okayish just that polo.

Guess the cache should be one of the issue

Thanks!
Renji Abarai

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:27:45 PM

Yes Poloniex is doing fine with me, I think its possible it is your connection? Also better to clear your cache as what is suggested above. Also free up some ram maybe you have many programs opened.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ JOIN WHITELIST ]
▬        ICO  >  May 5th - June 4th        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:33:16 PM

Compare to bittrex

Poloniex has one major issue which is it the site always freeze, i cannot let it run on tab if i don't need it, it will just freeze there.

Any solution for this?

Thanks

yes it loads slower compared to bittrex in my personal experience. and i disagree about charts, bittrex has way better charts than polo. you can not draw any line or do any analysis on polo's charts (not that i am doing it but bittrex has it Tongue)

as a solution there is a little option down below the orderbook (not sure about exact place) which is called delay update. click it and select a bigger interval and that should reduce the activity and possibly make things faster and not freeze.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
John Titor

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:57:50 PM

Compare to bittrex

Any solution for this?

Thanks

yes it loads slower compared to bittrex in my personal experience. and i disagree about charts, bittrex has way better charts than polo. you can not draw any line or do any analysis on polo's charts (not that i am doing it but bittrex has it Tongue)

as a solution there is a little option down below the orderbook (not sure about exact place) which is called delay update. click it and select a bigger interval and that should reduce the activity and possibly make things faster and not freeze.

+1 that definitely does help things, they also have the "group listings" option that thins out the order book as well.  I don't usually have trouble with Poloniex, but when it does slow down its during peak hours, when there are 1000's of bitcoin worth of assets changing hands in under an hour.

I would agree that you can do more with Bittrex's charts, but I have always found Polo's to be more user friendly
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:10:40 PM

Compare to bittrex

Any solution for this?

Thanks

+1 that definitely does help things, they also have the "group listings" option that thins out the order book as well.  I don't usually have trouble with Poloniex, but when it does slow down its during peak hours, when there are 1000's of bitcoin worth of assets changing hands in under an hour.

I would agree that you can do more with Bittrex's charts, but I have always found Polo's to be more user friendly
If you are a trader which do make always use on plotting trend lines or any kind of lines then bittrex would really suit on your needs but in terms of user friendliness poloniex does have it.We are just saying the same experiences and comments on their features and accessibility but talking about loading times I can say they don't have really difference at all because they both load fast on me.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 02:14:00 PM

Sometimes it seems as if Poloniex is scamming people. When ripple and etherium were having big volumes, the site just stopped working, you couldn't place a buy or sell order and it screwed you over. Then after some time, old orders, which you thought weren't created got active and sold/bought you coins at ridiculous rates. People lost lots of money during that. But it usually loads in a pretty good time.
187undercover

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:27:55 AM

Compare to bittrex

Any solution for this?

Thanks
About the same, but Polo is better for more volume and Bittrex is okay with volume. But their coins are different too, so that is also a factor in choice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: