Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:59:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this forum sucks  (Read 2274 times)
Signus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:30:25 PM

I like the newb restrictions, keeps the primary areas of the forum clear of all the vermin that can't even conjure enough patience to read four hours worth of material on a subject they supposedly have interest in. Granted at first I was very confused but the second I realized what was happening I just kind of went with it, I now have about two more hours to go haha.

Yes, thank you. It also just makes sure you spend the time to read through posts and gain an understanding of where the community lies, and what kind of questions are being asked, etc., so that people don't throw up an account and be like "LIEK WAT IS ASIC AND DAFUQ IS DIFFICULTY?!" in posts where people are trying to get legitimate points across. Also makes the moderator's jobs easier.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zeal0t

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

To the moon?

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 12:31:46 PM

LIEK WAT IS ASIC AND DAFUQ IS DIFFICULTY?

I laughed so hard.

I vow never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling, spam, or to beg for handouts.
tahar

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:32:49 PM

let's try to build up a good forum at http://BitForum.org

this forum here sucks .. i cant even respond to threads anywhere but here. What is the point?  I read a thread I'm interested in, and I can't respond.  And I have 4hrs+ and more than 5 posts. 

LAME!
So I should learn Russian so I can read the few posts that exist on there? Good luck building another BTC forum that can compete with this one. I really do wish you luck, it'd be nice to have multiple forums.

Also, if you are here for legit reasons (questionable), the n00b restrictions are quite minimal. Also, ever heard of whitelist?

Not just Russian... got Spam also Tongue
Drizzle

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:36:42 PM

could you imagine how much it would suck if everyone who signed up could right away post everywhere?

Well, limit to 1 hour then.

Really, all I wanted was to make a comment on Slush's pool thread. I can't yet. I've been stuck here for a while. Sure, it brings more traffic to the site and ups the post count, but for anyone who comes across this forum and wants to comment it sucks badly. Since this forum is considered the official support forum for several sites (such as Slush's pool) this kind of limitation is really problematic.
Zeal0t

Activity: 78

To the moon?

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 12:38:53 PM

could you imagine how much it would suck if everyone who signed up could right away post everywhere?

Really, all I wanted was to make a comment on Slush's pool thread. I can't yet. I've been stuck here for a while. Sure, it brings more traffic to the site and ups the post count, but for anyone who comes across this forum and wants to comment it sucks badly. Since this forum is considered the official support forum for several sites (such as Slush's pool) this kind of limitation is really problematic.

That fault doesn't lie with the forum itself, but with entities sending people in need of support to a restricted area.

I vow never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling, spam, or to beg for handouts.
spanishfry

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:22:23 PM

agreed, the rules are good.  still going to hop on this for #4
Signus

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:58:02 PM

LIEK WAT IS ASIC AND DAFUQ IS DIFFICULTY?

I laughed so hard.

Good. I'll be here periodically. Haha.

1 hour isn't enough time for you to read through much of the forums, familiarize yourself with the community or the material. I think 4 hours is enough time to educate yourself.

Why not wait and contribute to that thread instead of just waiting to post so that you can ask one question, get your answer and then leave?
grzem

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:58:58 PM

I'm waiting, and don't like 4 hours, have been reading a lot before, but not logged in.

Since 2 years https://cryptox.pl low fees, no KYC.
mattyrain

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:12:58 PM

This forum is a good idea. The requirements seem reasonable too.

Signus

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:14:02 PM

I'm waiting, and don't like 4 hours, have been reading a lot before, but not logged in.

Well you also need 5 posts. Just make sure you're logged in and it will take no time at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: