Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Terra Coin mining  (Read 2372 times)
blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 03:14:39 PM

Hello!

Is there a way to configure a miner to switch away from Terracoin as soon as difficulty jumps over a threshold and return mining when the difficulty returns within set limits?

Regards!

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:08:07 PM

Hello!

Is there a way to configure a miner to switch away from Terracoin as soon as difficulty jumps over a threshold and return mining when the difficulty returns within set limits?

Regards!

You are raising a very interesting question, and I have been thinking about it myself.

Developing something like this would be not only profitable for the users, but also for the Terracoin community, because currently the difficulty is fluctuating, while a widespread use of a tool as you describe could generate more stability.

I am not aware of such a tool (and if there is one, I would love to hear about it!), but I would look for one of the poolhopping tools, something like bithopper, and try to tweak it for this purpose. I think the community would appreciate anyone making such a change/patch.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
blackarrow (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 09:52:41 PM

You are raising a very interesting question, and I have been thinking about it myself.

Developing something like this would be not only profitable for the users, but also for the Terracoin community, because currently the difficulty is fluctuating, while a widespread use of a tool as you describe could generate more stability.

I am not aware of such a tool (and if there is one, I would love to hear about it!), but I would look for one of the poolhopping tools, something like bithopper, and try to tweak it for this purpose. I think the community would appreciate anyone making such a change/patch.

In my opinion it would kill terracoin as someone could point the full force of several rigs/asic as long as the difficulty is low. When it goes back up, they would switch to other currencies as it is no longer profitable to keep them running on terracoin. As soon as it goes away and everybody else is left working a lot for peanuts. Repeating this several times will grind terracoin to a halt.

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 01:17:04 AM

In my opinion it would kill terracoin as someone could point the full force of several rigs/asic as long as the difficulty is low. When it goes back up, they would switch to other currencies as it is no longer profitable to keep them running on terracoin. As soon as it goes away and everybody else is left working a lot for peanuts. Repeating this several times will grind terracoin to a halt.

If you follow the fluctuations in the hash rate of terracoins, it is already happening. So, instead of just a few people doing this, the entire community should do it. The result is that after some fluctuation, the difficulty would reach a more-or-less stable point, because the difficulty where profitability of terracoin is equal to the profitability of bitcoin is publicly known.

Right now, the difficulty goes up to 60K and then down to 8K, and up again, etc. If people bailed out from mining already around 30-35K of difficulty, and returned when the difficulty is again below 30K (or at least a large portion of people would do that), then the equilibrium could be reached.

Am I mistaken?

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █