Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:35:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mT gOX ALTERNATIVES  (Read 1495 times)
samten (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:23:05 PM

EVERYBODY RELIES ON MT GX HERE?

SEEMS RELIABLE, BUT NOT SO CHEAP COMPARED TO BANKS... IN LARGE AMOUNTS

WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
torba

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:26:57 PM

There's really a lot of alternatives. Coinbase is my dream pick, but it currently can't exchange bitcoins within the hour and proccess USD->BTC buys in a week long ordeal, watch for it in the future.
bitstamp is sleek, btc-e looks solid.
I'm using campBX simply because it deals with a small volume well.
triciam

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:27:53 PM

Btc-e is an alternative
vircurex is another

Neither have the volume that mt-gox has, but both do alternate coins also.

For market data for LTC and BTC see: http://cryptochart.com/
Dharmadog

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:37:54 PM

There's really a lot of alternatives. Coinbase is my dream pick, but it currently can't exchange bitcoins within the hour and proccess USD->BTC buys in a week long ordeal, watch for it in the future.

I'm using Vircurex and Coinbase...just 'cause, I suppose.  The hellish wait at Coinbase sucks.  I like Vircurex.  So far so good.  Having said that (practically nothing) I am relatively new other digital currencies.  ("Other" meaning other than BitCoin).  I am learning fast.  Wallets are not empty but I am not spending big bucks at this point.  Still, I liked the idea that MtGox used Dwolla but that feature is apparently dead?Huh  Tired to buy yesterday that way and the Dwolla option is gone from the menu???  

Anyone know of another way to get BitCoin with Dwolla?

Looking to get some Feathercoin for no good reason: 6g1xfEx6j34YJv5qFQDe6VSJ9MRw152WCf

BTC: 1ABGD51c3VFynxtbhiVGGRCA4q35mbEsiZ
LTC: LVrorELbVj7R1z8MUtcf3pQHXzNkmHaysK
PPC: PGxLnyBEhBNX6xyFpqwyFeWC7sVgC61QJW
TRC: 1393NdJqFptc4CNRoqBFsxVq5VcUnQJDZw
UltimateReaper

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:39:16 PM

I can vow for coinbase, but prepare for trouble, and make it double.

Wait times between purchases and selling varies, but generally takes about 5 days. In the BTC market, this is enough to put you on edge. However it has it's advantages.

As for exchanges, I'd recommend using one of the top 3-4 exchanges after mtgox. I mean, that way you get to enjoy higher volumes with less worry over technical problems
LiteBurner

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:40:57 PM

I use bitstamp.net -- my sepa transfer only took 1 day for them to put in my account.  I like the real-time buy/sell views and order placement with instant order and limit order options.

If you're day trading in real time, it's the only option as far as I know.

Prices usually stick right with the mtgox price.
ctlegacy

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:51:28 PM

I feel like every one of those sites, I have seen on Reddit about why you shouldn't trade with them. Especially BTC-E
hitman_8787

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:00:38 PM

anyone tried blockchain?
LiteBurner

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:03:18 PM

I feel like every one of those sites, I have seen on Reddit about why you shouldn't trade with them. Especially BTC-E

yeah, there's always someone who had a bad experience--it's like reading tripadviser before going somewhere--there's always someone who says the place sucks, lol

I guess recently people had a lot of trouble with bitstamp.  I just started using them after they upgraded and moved a lot of their operation to the UK.  All good so far, but I"m always prepared for the worst.
Abo Adamson

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:04:38 PM

I prefer BTC-E.COM. Very reliable exchange. Bitstamp is also good!
LiteBurner

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:08:17 PM

I just wasn't able to get money into btc-e, finally I gave up after jumping through a lot of hoops.  I understand that's why their btc price is lower--people can't get their money there to buy.
bitdroid

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:42:42 PM

I just wasn't able to get money into btc-e, finally I gave up after jumping through a lot of hoops.  I understand that's why their btc price is lower--people can't get their money there to buy.

Get an OkPay account it takes less than a week to approve then you can deposit asap.
cpengr

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 08:49:03 PM

OP (samten), please stop shouting. That means turn off caps lock.
Dharmadog

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:17:15 PM

yeah, there's always someone who had a bad experience--it's like reading tripadviser before going somewhere--there's always someone who says the place sucks, lol

I guess recently people had a lot of trouble with bitstamp.  I just started using them after they upgraded and moved a lot of their operation to the UK.  All good so far, but I"m always prepared for the worst.

Ya, it all seems to be a bit risky and I certainly considered all of that and took a leap of faith.  I have bought, transferred to my wallet(s) and leave nothing on-line.  So far nothing terrible has happened except for the fatuous wait time with coinbase. 
BeeCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:30:08 PM

As for exchanges, I'd recommend using one of the top 3-4 exchanges after mtgox.
Well, bitcoin-24.com was the next big exchange (at least in Europe). I've lost money there...
My suggestion: spread the risk. Try various channels, prefer small transactions rather than big chunks.
BeeCoin
ertness

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 09:35:56 PM

I personally really like Bitstamp for purchasing bitcoins. I started out using MtGox a few months ago but have since transferred over and primarily use Bitstamp. I have yet to exchange bitcoins for fiat currency though so I do not know which exchange would be best for that.
Dharmadog

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:27:12 AM

As for exchanges, I'd recommend using one of the top 3-4 exchanges after mtgox.
Well, bitcoin-24.com was the next big exchange (at least in Europe). I've lost money there...
My suggestion: spread the risk. Try various channels, prefer small transactions rather than big chunks.
BeeCoin

I like the idea of that.  This whole thing is wrought with perils and pitfalls.  I am not the most skilled computer guy but I do have some understanding.  I respect those that speak the language fluently.  Just the same I will follow the rule of backing things up and storing things elsewhere. 
Agricola

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:52:05 AM

I was also wondering this.
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:57:25 AM

bit innovate for Australian users is good.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
easyMony

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:54:50 AM

try to avoid mtgox....they centralize to many btc's...that is very bad for BTC network, idea and propouse
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: