Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:52:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting GPU Mining.  (Read 3387 times)
ZACKSMITH667 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 03:58:47 PM

Hi All,

I want to start gpu mining as im not getting asic mining hardware. Can someone suggest some configuration.

Zack
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:59:59 PM

You can use i7 with 4GB ram 64gb ssn 2gb/4gb video card(Graphics card) with some cooling fans.
jaideep1000

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:49:34 PM

You can use i7 with 4GB ram 64gb ssn 2gb/4gb video card(Graphics card) with some cooling fans.

What is this wrong advice you are giving?

1. You don't need an expensive cpu like an i7, I built mine on an AMD sempron which cost only 2k
2. No need for an SSD. Run BAMT or SMOS thru usb bootable
3. GBs do not matter for a graphics card when it comes to mining. You need a high end AMD card like the R9 390x or similar.

I have seen you post on other topics too just for the sake of increasing your post count while not contributing anything to the conversation.

Please refrain from doing so.
spicepearls

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:02:47 AM

Hi
how much cost is for complete Rig setup.
and how much profit we earn per month.

The approx cost comes you around 1.4 lacks.
You can earn approx 20k/month.
Approx ROI 6 - 8 months depends on coin rate you choose.
BLife

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:51:59 AM

Hi,

Disclosure : I Sell mining rig supplies

With that said, what you need for a mining rig is.

1.CPU : Any CPU that can handle the demands of GPU, in today's environment any dual core Intel Celeron  will do
2.Motherboard : This can be tricky, this is based on the number of GPU you want to run in a system, an optimal setting is 4+ but most of the people run 6(myself including) in this I would recommend Asrock H81 Pro BTC, this is the best as far as comparability is concerned.
3.Ram : 4GB DDR3 is more than enough
4.HDD : You can run any OS off a USB stick so get yourself a Sandisk 16GB model(USB 3.0 is not required 2.0 will do) and you will be good to go.
5.USB Raisers : You need 1x to 16x USB raisers buy Version 6c and above, what you are looking for is Molex connection or PCIE connection for power so when your GPU pulls in more than 40w through the Raisers your connectors wont melt.
6.GPU : This is highly dependent on what you want to mine, for ZEC nvidia(1080Ti) is best, for ETH go for AMD(Rx 480 8GB), for XMR go for AMD(Rx 480 4GB).
7.Power Supply : Please buy Platinum or Titanium rated ones, the power saving over the years will be worth it.
8.Frame : Buy some aluminium frames and you can build it in less than an hour so do buy any pre built frames online.

If you need any further clarification let me know I will post in detail.

Regards,
BLife

P.S : If you are a DIY person and have electronics knowledge then you can use a server PSU and save a ton of money on PSU
khantahir

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:27:46 AM

Hi
how much cost is for complete Rig setup.
and how much profit we earn per month.

The approx cost comes you around 1.4 lacks.
You can earn approx 20k/month.
Approx ROI 6 - 8 months depends on coin rate you choose.

This is FALSE. I am setting up rigs which cost 1.4k each and since eth price rally i am making 30k+ in a month.
spicepearls

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:02:17 PM

This is FALSE. I am setting up rigs which cost 1.4k each and since eth price rally i am making 30k+ in a month.

I have given the approx earnings... also the ETH price is very high now, if it fall down to $40 what is your monthly earning?
I started mining when ETH is priced $35 now it is about $90. So now you can get 30k but not all the time.
BLife

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:50:23 AM

How to set Mining Pool or Software of ZEC, ETH, XMR mining ?
can we use computer as well while doing mining?

Hi,
 Sorry for the late reply. To be honest I am confused by your question, so I will explain what I know, and take it from there.

Mining Pool is a software that allows more than one person or people running their own farms to pool their resource and compute solution
Mining Software is a piece of software that does the actual work of solving(more accurately computing the next block hash).

The general structure is as follows

Mining Rig             |                                           | Server Computer |
Mining Software    |-------------------------------> | Mining Pool           | --------------------------------> Mining Network(ETC,ETH, XMR, ZEC ,etc...)
                                                                     |
Mining Rig             |                                       |
Mining Software    |--------------------------------

Depending upon the load(number of rigs connected to the server, the server computer can be a normal desktop computer or a dedicated server system.

Now why run a pool?
If you have high hashrate say 5MH/s for ZEC then you can do solo mining, but you will have 100's of rigs and you need a place to combine the hash-power into a single entity so you run a pool.

there are other advantages to running a pool.

I hope I gave you a general idea, if you need anymore explanation let me know.

Regards,
BLife

nabob

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:46:33 AM

1. You don't need an expensive cpu like an i7, I built mine on an AMD sempron which cost only 2k
3. GBs do not matter for a graphics card when it comes to mining. You need a high end AMD card like the R9 390x or similar.

I have seen you post on other topics too just for the sake of increasing your post count while not contributing anything to the conversation.

AMD sempron Which version you Suggest ?  and how many GPU's You configured for this rig.

I heard AMD Sempron  gives poor performance in some cases.

@spicepearls @khantahir

can you share us what are configuration You used for rig ? Is it still worthy to get our ROI in time

Komodo Platform  -- Support Staff
CRYPTOMACH

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:12:48 AM

AMD sempron Which version you Suggest ?  and how many GPU's You configured for this rig.

I heard AMD Sempron  gives poor performance in some cases.

@spicepearls @khantahir

can you share us what are configuration You used for rig ? Is it still worthy to get our ROI in time

We have setup of Cryptocurrency MINNING set up we wants all types of Digital currency Minners to get connected to our Pools we needs yours assistance to grow in India if you can help us to do so we can really rock the Upcoming Indian Market as even we are  having a good and fair knowledge about Mining Field .We have our own Altcoin Mining Pools as of now details as below

music.cryptomach.com
eth.cryptomach.com
etc.cryptomach.com
zec.cryptomach.com
ele.cryptomach.com
dbix.cryptomach.com
ubq.cryptomach.com
exp.cryptomach.com

Please take it as a Business Proposal and let us have a official communication start either by telephone call , tweet, or any mode of communication as you wish.
Please feel free to get in touch on
info@cryptomach.com
azim@cryptomach.com
imranuddin@cryptomach.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: