Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:30:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how long should it take to show btc in my wallet after sending them?  (Read 486 times)
mikoslav (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:06:30 PM

Hello I am new to btc transactions.

I bought 2 bitcoins and had them in an online wallet on blockchain.info.

This morning I decided to move 1 of them to my armory wallet I had created on my PC, so I ofc generated an address to receive bitcoins
and I used this address in my blockchain.info wallet as an address to send bitcoins.

so for now (after 10 hours) it shows on my blockchain.info/wallet page as a confirmed transaction with 30 confirmations,
but I still cant see it in my armory wallet I had sent it to.

can anyone tell me how long it can take to show my bitcoins in my armory wallet after the transaction was made?

Am I missing something?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alesis

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:09:40 PM

I'm confused.  You're talking about it as if you set a receiving address and used them to send?  If you click the send button on Blockchain and do as it says you shouldn't be thinking about what address you're sending from.  Are you sure you actually send these Bitcoins? Can you give the transaction ID so that we can check it?
mikoslav (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:21:53 PM

I'm confused.  You're talking about it as if you set a receiving address and used them to send?  If you click the send button on Blockchain and do as it says you shouldn't be thinking about what address you're sending from.  Are you sure you actually send these Bitcoins? Can you give the transaction ID so that we can check it?

I used a "receive bitcoins" feature of armory wallet installed in my pc. and address that was generated I used on my onlin blockchain.info/wallet page as the address I should send to.

which one is the transaction ID? some number I suspect Smiley , but which one?
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:41:14 PM

Is the block chain synced on Core? 457088 blocks at the time of this post.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
mikoslav (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:44:19 PM

green number at the right bottom of armory shows 455311
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 06:58:20 PM

green number at the right bottom of armory shows 455311
Your node is behind by ~1.5 weeks. You need to be fully synced in order to see recent transactions. Shut down Armory and open up just Bitcoin Core and let it sync. If Bitcoin Core is synced, then Armory's databases have an issue, in which case you will need to rebuild and rescan the databases.

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 07:03:40 PM

If new users do not understand that the Bitcoin Core node has to be fully synced before use the directions and warnings need to be improved.

mikoslav (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:36:03 PM

If new users do not understand that the Bitcoin Core node has to be fully synced before use the directions and warnings need to be improved.

Indeed.
I do not understand how do I synchronize btc core apart from executing bitcoin-qt, which downloads blocks until it stops and looks synchronized.

then again if I remember correctly I had problems installing armory, and had to do the trick I found in this Forum by unticking setting's option of "Let Armory Run bitcoin core in the background" and running bitcoin-qt to sync.

I am using latest armory release - I should have specified this in the first post, but I assumed the nature of the problem is different.

so now I think the problem is of the nature similar or exact even as here in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1790203.0.

My Armory has not been able to manage the core nor sync with it in any way since the installation.

therefore I think my thread should be maybe renamed to:
"My 0.95.1 Armory has not synced with core since its installation - why?"

is it possible for Forum moderator to do that?

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 07:40:39 PM

Indeed.
I do not understand how do I synchronize btc core apart from executing bitcoin-qt, which downloads blocks until it stops and looks synchronized.
That's all you need to do. When you open Core, you should not see any out-of-sync overlay or a green bar at the bottom. If you hover over the checkmark at the bottom right hand corner, it will tell you how many blocks it has synced. Compare that to a block explorer to check if you are in sync.

If Core is in sync, then Armory somehow got off sync. With Core running, start Armory. Go to Help > Rebuild and Rescan Databases and click Yes. Then restart Armory. This should fix your problems.

mikoslav (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:59:49 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2017, 01:12:40 AM by mikoslav

That's all you need to do. When you open Core, you should not see any out-of-sync overlay or a green bar at the bottom. If you hover over the checkmark at the bottom right hand corner, it will tell you how many blocks it has synced. Compare that to a block explorer to check if you are in sync.

If Core is in sync, then Armory somehow got off sync. With Core running, start Armory. Go to Help > Rebuild and Rescan Databases and click Yes. Then restart Armory. This should fix your problems.

thank you for the answer.
My logical mind is telling me you are of course right.
Just did that... waiting till it builds, shows as 22% 25 more minutes now.

It solved my problem. Thank you again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: