Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:53:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange  (Read 89270 times)
Buster

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:58:09 PM

Not stolen, burned in all other possible ways...
What other ways?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 03:07:57 PM

Don't tell you were the one who placed that huge buy order @ 210!  Shocked

PS: It's boring on Bitstamp today. Everyone wants to buy below 160 and no one wants to sell.  Tongue

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
XXthetimeisnowXX (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:40:49 PM

no big buy order at 338.44 please get it right.  Grin
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:03:54 PM

PS: It's boring on Bitstamp today. Everyone wants to buy below 160 and no one wants to sell.  Tongue

yeah.

sub-160 coins are dirty cheap.

Roll Eyes
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 06:32:18 PM

damn, i made a bank transfer two days ago and today my bank called me if i confirm the withdrawal.  Roll Eyes
this is really a running joke, they are doing this for the fourth time now!
as if it's totally abnormal to transfer money to slovenia.
one should assume they got it after the second time, but no they hold it and wait until i confirm.
anyone else experiencing this?

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1324
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 06:37:34 PM

damn, i made a bank transfer two days ago and today my bank called me if i confirm the withdrawal.  Roll Eyes
one should assume they got it after the second time, but no they hold it and wait until i confirm.

whose your bank?
Xiaoma

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:13:08 PM

my bank even blocked a transfer from my UK account to my own USA account, even if both are registered to the same name...

Bloody bankers, is not what we are trying to avoid with bitcoin?
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:25:06 PM

Not stolen, burned in all other possible ways...
What other ways?
BTC24 is a well known case, MtGox made me loss a considerable amount of coins with it's lags (and in general has almost kill BTC 2-3 times), Bitcoin Central was hacked and delayed to return my money which I badly needed to have on time and Bitstamp though it's very efficient in their wire transfers, secure and reliable it's interface is shit for day traders not to mention the crappy trading engine...

I had hope on Coinsetter but...
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:26:30 PM

LOL thank God no! Though I tried desperately to put a sell order and got the error page haha!!
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:31:51 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 07:54:56 PM by hlynur

whose your bank?

german municipal savings bank (" Stadtsparkasse")
never had any problems so far but one time an illegitimate withdrawal via debit note from some british bank, never was told how it got access to my account,
but it was revised after I complained.

i just don't get it why they asking for confirmation everytime, while they didn't ask shit when i transferred money to japan for some headphones.
guy on the phone said it has nothing to do with the amount of money, it's just for "safety reasons", when i ask about bitcoin he avoided answering.
gets on my nerves that every transfer is delayed by two or three days because of this.

dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:00:07 PM

my bank even blocked a transfer from my UK account to my own USA account, even if both are registered to the same name...

Time to switch to another bank I'd say.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1127

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:18:25 PM

Time to switch to another bank I'd say.

You could try FidorBank at least for all bitcoin related things, the partner of bitcoin.de and the bank from Kraken, as u probably know Wink

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

Activity: 1168

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 12:34:36 AM

Stamp has been right up on Gox' ass the entire day (current $187 to Gox' $190)..   It's like Stamp is just looking for any reason to bust north.  It's almost passed Gox today, oddly enough, on 2 or 3 occasions.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 03:28:28 AM

It's because stamp has low depth and buyers insist on doing doing massive market orders that cause $15 of slippage for no reason. I guess they're new to investing, or using bitfinex and it's being triggered by stop orders etc. On the subject of bitfinex, investors are also using bitfinex to place dark (hidden) buy and sell orders, which contributes to the low depth, and when someone is doing a market order, the dark order doesn't fill in on time.
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

Activity: 1168

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 03:39:42 AM

It's because stamp has low depth and buyers insist on doing doing massive market orders that cause $15 of slippage for no reason. I guess they're new to investing, or using bitfinex and it's being triggered by stop orders etc. On the subject of bitfinex, investors are also using bitfinex to place dark (hidden) buy and sell orders, which contributes to the low depth, and when someone is doing a market order, the dark order doesn't fill in on time.

Bold is a good point.

Can you put bids/asks on Stamp's order book via Bitfinex?  Or can you only buy into an ask, or sell into a bid, on Stamp via Bitfinex (using the "Level 2" order book)?
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 03:42:25 AM

I do think there is a bit of a mismatch between bitstamp and bitfinex in this regard. bitstamp is full of small orders, but margin trading on bitfinex often happens in larger blocks. These get triggered via stop or dumped up or down, the bitfinex book often has larger order sizes, but its a lot "gappier".  Different mindsets between the two exchanges. It was better this spring when bitfinex link to both bitstamp and gox. (but I understand why they dumped gox).
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2013, 03:48:02 AM

On the subject of bitfinex, investors are also using bitfinex to place dark (hidden) buy and sell orders, which contributes to the low depth, and when someone is doing a market order, the dark order doesn't fill in on time.

The dark orders on Bitfinex are only for order of 500 coins or more, afaik -- whale territory.
That is one thing I like about campbx, there you can do dark orders at any size. Since often there is often a big bid/ask spread there, I like to hide out with a dark bid just above the open bid. You can pick off cheaper market sells that way.

Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1127

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:00:01 AM

uhm... does something changed on bitstamp? because today I get an "SSL ERROR" from "Incapsula"
SSL requests not supported for www.bitstamp.net
The site is not configured with SSL support.
Suggestions:

If you are a website visitor, you should attempt to access the site not using SSL (use http:// instead of https://), or attempt to refresh your DNS cache and access the web site directly. If you keep getting this message try again later.
    If you are the website owner, resolve the SSL configuration problem (note that the free customers plan does NOT support SSL)

what does that mean? Even with only "http" the same error appears and it changes to "https". I did not change anything on my settings since yesterday  Huh What is my DNS cache? Does that mean just clear my cache, or is it something special? 

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
gandhibt

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:06:12 AM

uhm... does something changed on bitstamp? because today I get an "SSL ERROR" from "Incapsula"
Suggestions:

If you are a website visitor, you should attempt to access the site not using SSL (use http:// instead of https://), or attempt to refresh your DNS cache and access the web site directly. If you keep getting this message try again later.
    If you are the website owner, resolve the SSL configuration problem (note that the free customers plan does NOT support SSL)

what does that mean? Even with only "http" the same error appears and it changes to "https". I did not change anything on my settings since yesterday  Huh What is my DNS cache? Does that mean just clear my cache, or is it something special? 

First bitstamp went down maybe an hour ago and then this, don't go to the site without SSL, there might be hack in works.

bud trust 1JiRNiERPTVZEhaVcKWbLLHHyCLRaa7nxB
gandhibt

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:09:46 AM

Suggestions:

First bitstamp went down maybe an hour ago and then this, don't go to the site without SSL, there might be hack in works.

Seems like they are updating hardware https://twitter.com/Bitstamp

bud trust 1JiRNiERPTVZEhaVcKWbLLHHyCLRaa7nxB
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: