Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:51:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Low fee transaction returns but trys again  (Read 74 times)
slotcar (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:39:40 PM

Sent 2 transactions one after the other from my electrum wallet for the whole amount. I set the fees too low, not realizing that it will not ever confirm these days. I thought it would just take longer. Increasing the fee was not an option since no funds were left in the wallet to do so, is my understanding.
To my relief, the transactions returned to the wallet 17 days later. Yay I had my coin back.
3 days later to my horror, the transactions were active again. I did nothing to cause this. I left that wallet alone.
So once again, I don't have control. I assume they will return to my wallet in 17 days.
I do not have the expertise to do child pays for parent, nor using push services since one of the transactions has unconfirmed inputs whatever that means and the other doesn't appear on the blockchain.
Does anyone know how to stop these transactions from reactivating next time please?

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: