Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:50:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which site to show mining performance of a CPU ?  (Read 502 times)
lankyman (OP)

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:34:37 AM

Hello  community , unsure where to post this, but appreciate the help.

How do u know if a CPU is good at mining before u buy it ?
I find this a challenge, where do u check this?
www.cpubenchmark.net is not a good indication of this i find, or maybe i dont know what to check?
I really want to know because i am told you can buy a really cheap CPU like an AMD operton or INTEL celeron and it can be as good good as an i3 or xx phenom.
Really bizzare, but i have tested this theory and it seems with the 5 computers i have tested, the CPUs on cpubenchmark  show different results to real actual mining.
For example mining against AEON.... AMD X4 860K mines at 115 hashes/second  and the i7 2600K mines at 210 hashes/second  BUT on cpubenchmark  it is not the same stats...
Another example, using an Intel E6300 u get 45 hashes/per second and this is almost half of the AMD x4 860k and they are years and years apart in manufacturing and even speed...
But why only almost 2.1 times faster, it just doesn't make sense to me.
Therefore , for me i need to know what or where to check this information and what to check for , can i use www.cpubenchmark.net as this gauge ?

I really want to know this more clearly.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6511

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 05:31:48 PM

Why are you even trying to do CPU mining? CPU, GPU, and FPGA mining on Bitcoin is completely useless, you won't earn anything as the hash power is way too little. Even with Altcoins, CPU mining is still fairly useless as basically all altcoins use algorithms that are easily GPU mined. You shouldn't try CPU mining, go with GPU mining instead.

Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 07:28:29 PM

Agree with achow101. CPUs are useless for mining BTC.

If you still looking for info check these two pages: Mining_hardware_comparison and Non-specialized_hardware_comparison (here you can find CPUs)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: