Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Relationship between transaction confirmations and miners  (Read 1190 times)
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:48:34 AM

kokjo, thank you for the fucking links Wink I did read those, but I am a slow learner i.e., a NEWBIE!
so what you are basicly saying is: im stupid!!!

i take 0.25 btc/hour to teach you about bitcoin if you like.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 08:37:28 AM

DannyHamilton, please post yout BTC address, Your post deserves some donations.
Also, Can I use your post explaining the mining, translate it and publish it? I myself know how mining works, but your explanation is best I've ever seen.
Krellan

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 09:07:06 AM

When you send a transaction you broadcast it to any peers you are connected to.  Those peers validate the transaction and then re-broadcast it to any peers they are connected to.  Those peers validate the transaction and re-broadcast it, and so on.  Every peer that hears about the transaction keeps track of it in a memory pool so they can transmit it to any new peers that haven't heard about it yet.

Wow, your post is a great answer!  It's a good concise writeup of how it works.  There's a lot of misinformation out there, and this helps to clear it up.  Wish I had read this in a FAQ somewhere first, it would have saved me from asking some silly questions!

Josh

1JUZr4TZ5zuB4WdEv4mrhZMaM7yttpJvLG Smiley
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 11:51:57 AM

I wrote a concise answer that if understood allows one to comprehend the technology of Bitcoin. How DannyHamilton has the patience to keep writing the same answers repeatedly to noobs I cannot fathom.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157803.msg1670263#msg1670263

http://we.lovebitco.in/how-bitcoin-works/
szangvil (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:06:36 PM

so what you are basicly saying is: im stupid!!!

i take 0.25 btc/hour to teach you about bitcoin if you like.

kokjo, no, that's not what I am saying (and I would never pay a teacher who calls his students "stupid"). I am saying that the bitcoin system is not a simple system. The concept it very well understood but the details are very complex. The questions I asked helped a lot of other users (who are maybe ashamed to ask?) to understand.
I am sure you can find much dumber questions on this forum. And I don't think the reply is that the asker is stupid.

DannyHamilton, thank you for all your answers! Things are a lot clearer now.
szangvil (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:43:39 PM

Another issue... there is a ton of explanations of how the bitcoin system works. But they are all very simple and not very technical. Google is flooded with simple to intermediate guides that give a very good picture to how it all works, but there are no details. It's hard to find "good" results (or ask the correct question) in google to more technical questions since google ranks on top all the simple explanations (since they get the most hits and are most popular) and the problems is that all questions i ask google have the simple answer.

To really know how it works, you have to be a programmer, and read the source code of some mining software, since there are no guides that I found that explain, for example, on what data hashing is performed or some of the other questions I asked in the beginning...

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:53:31 PM

DannyHamilton, please post yout BTC address, Your post deserves some donations.

Not necessary.  Instead, just do me a favor:  The next time you come across a newbie that is struggling to understand something that you're able to explain, take a few minutes to help them out as patiently as you can.  That way we all become better informed, and the entire bitcoin system becomes stronger.

Also, Can I use your post explaining the mining, translate it and publish it? I myself know how mining works, but your explanation is best I've ever seen.

Certainly. It doesn't matter to me. Use it however you like.

- snip -
How DannyHamilton has the patience to keep writing the same answers repeatedly to noobs I cannot fathom.
- snip -

As long as they're demonstrating an interest, I really don't mind. None of us was born with this knowledge. We all had to learn it from someone somewhere.  Some of us have enough curiosity and patience to hunt down the information we seek on our own. Other's need an interactive conversation to help them grasp the concepts.

szangvil (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:12:18 PM

DannyHamilton, wish we could all be as patient like you Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: