Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum sucks - uninstalled  (Read 531 times)
niokobo (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:50:40 AM

Electrum is going down

It takes forever to send a transaction with electrum even with a higher fee

plus you cant even upgrade electrum wallet in tails

so get ouf electrum, you are failing

take your fingers out your butt and start working on your damn wallet- its crazy how many complains you guys are getting on here on a daily basis
wtf is wrong with you guys is this crappy wallet all you can pull off??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 11:23:04 AM

Electrum is going down
I doubt that Wink

It takes forever to send a transaction with electrum even with a higher fee
The process of sending a transaction using electrum is actually one of the quickest. The reasons behind a delay in confirmations isn't related to electrum but other factors.

its crazy how many complains you guys are getting on here on a daily basis
wtf is wrong with you guys is this crappy wallet all you can pull off??
I'm amazed by the amount of people that complain about a particular service (electrum wallet) without looking at the possible errors that they've done in the first place. Majority of the issues actually fall down under a human error rather than an error from their side.

A transaction ID/link would be helpful in determining some of the issues.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
niokobo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:35:46 PM

what can i do wrong by clicking on send??

but i have now transactions pending since 18 hours still unconfirmed plus i even set a higher fee
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 12:38:45 PM

but i have now transactions pending since 18 hours still unconfirmed plus i even set a higher fee

Electrum did what it had to do: create a transaction using unspent outputs to addresses managed by him and broadcasted the transaction. This is where electrum's responsability stops. I understand that your transaction is currently unconfirmed.
This doesn't have a lot to do with electrum, but everything to do with the fact that miner fees that are necessary to have a decent chance of getting into the next couple of blocks are growing larger every day, if i had to take an educated guess, it would be that the transaction didn't have enough fees/byte.

Could you post the tx id, that way we could potentially offer some advice on how to solve the issue, and how to avoid it next time you create a transaction.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
niokobo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:42:36 PM

Electrum did what it had to do: create a transaction using unspent outputs to addresses managed by him and broadcasted the transaction. This is where electrum's responsability stops. I understand that your transaction is currently unconfirmed.
This doesn't have a lot to do with electrum, but everything to do with the fact that miner fees are growing larger every day, if i had to take an educated guess, it would be that the transaction didn't had enough fees/byte.

Could you post the tx id, that way we could potentially offer some advice on how to solve the issue, and how to avoid it next time you create a transaction.

Well i set the transaction fee to 0.0007  insteed of the standarad 0.0005 BTC/KB

d7e100bf1f9467b27071b65d169e3103e57c3197b1bda295fe1e4c86fe59eb1c
niokobo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:44:40 PM

checking out transaction d7e100bf1f9467b27071b65d169e3103e57c3197b1bda295fe1e4c86fe59eb1c
bitcoind stated the estimated fees for a 95% chance of getting into the x'th block as following:

3 blocks (3 * ~10 minutes) = 182 satoshi's/byte
    6 blocks (6 * ~10 minutes) = 164 satoshi's/byte
    12 blocks (12 * ~10 minutes) = 136 satoshi's/byte
    24 blocks (24 * ~10 minutes) = 136 satoshi's/byte

I'm sorry to inform you, but transaction d7e100bf1f9467b27071b65d169e3103e57c3197b1bda295fe1e4c86fe59eb1c does not reside in my node's mempool. This can have a couple of causes:

Your transaction is confirmed. It does not matter which fee you added, since the tx is in a block... yay!
    Your transaction was dropped from my mempool, either because it was received longer than 10 days ago, or because there are to many unconfirmed tx'es (so the tx's with the lowest fee get dropped)
    Your transaction was broadcasted just recently, and my node didn't receive it yet
    Your transaction was rejected, either by my node, or by the nodes i'm connected to
niokobo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:45:39 PM

i assume i cant cancel an unconfirmed transaction
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 12:47:21 PM

i assume i cant cancel an unconfirmed transaction

Not really, no...
However, if you make sure nobody rebroadcasts it, most nodes will drop it from their mempool in 72 hours... Once this happens (enough nodes dropped your tx), it'll be like the transaction never happened (depending on your wallet you might need a couple of steps to "repair" the wallet, so it depends on which wallet you'll use to manage your addresses in the future... If you stick with electrum, no extra steps are needed iirc).

So basically, if you wait, in the end, only 2 possible things can happen:
1) your tx ends up in a block (your transaction gets confirmed)
2) your tx is forgotten by (most of the) the network, and you can re-use the inputs from the forgotten transaction in a new transaction.

There are several other things you can do to speed things up, but this has to be evaluated on a case by case basis.
You can also use the (in)sufficient fee checker on my website: http://www.mocacinno.com to help you out Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
niokobo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:59:23 PM

great thanks

so in future what should i do?? i already raised the transaction btc/kb fee
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 02:27:19 PM

great thanks

so in future what should i do?? i already raised the transaction btc/kb fee

Well... There are a couple of things you can do:
- allways opt-in RBF
- check bitcoinfees.21.co to have an indication of how much your fee/byte of data should be... This way you can evaluate if the fee proposed by your wallet is sufficient. If you used [tools => preferences => fees => use dynamic fees + edit fees manually + propose replace by fee: always], you can edit the fee if it is on the low side.
- i added a new tool to my website: http://www.mocacinno.com/index.php#feeestimate . IF you use electrum, you can go to wallet => coins to add a coins tab. This tab lists the unspent outputs to addresses controlled by your wallet that can be used as an input. If you manually select your inputs, and you know that you usually have 2 outputs (one to the receiver, one to your change address), you can use my tool to estimate the fee you should add (http://www.mocacinno.com/index.php#feeestimate option 2 => inputs = the amount of inputs you selected, outputs = 2).

BTW, i'm using electrum 2.8.0, if you use an older version, the menus will have a different structure, RBF was introduced a couple versions ago, so if your electrum version is to old, you might not find this option.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:59:18 PM

Also newer version of Electrum contain a lot of bug fixes and improvements. Unfortunately, it is up to Tails OS to include a newer version if you are using this Operating System.

I already see someone posted a recent issues to their bugtracker such as https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/12323

I'd recommend contacting the operators of this Operating System and requesting they bundle the latest release of Electrum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: