Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:38:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HARD FORK ON ITS WAY !!?  (Read 1854 times)
Xcandol (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:53:45 AM

I'm talking extra hard, a source revealed to me before the end of the week ?? He's a trusted source so im a little confused now, anyone else hear of this ?? Please advise ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 08:58:31 AM

Answer to your question: Your source is an idiot. No consensus based HF is coming any time soon. The other HFs are irrelevant, as they just create altcoins.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 10:01:41 AM

Please stop spreading unconfirmed rumors. We are far away from reaching any form of consensus needed for bitcoin to fork.

Even if hard fork would happen next week, there is nothing that ordinary bitcoin user can do about it.
All we need is to wait and use suitable wallet which gives you control over your Private Keys.
BTW what will you do if there would be really forking next week? Panic sell all your coins or something?

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 10:32:43 AM

It's not a hard fork but rather a soft fork, though whatever happens you don't need to be worried about anything because you'll still be able to have complete control over your coins and they will remain valid with value. hopefully people wake up and see the dangers of BU and it's fatal vulnerabilities and activate SW.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:36:30 PM

I'm talking extra hard,

Gosh. There's nothing scarier than those extra hard ones. I've read that extra hard forks are 176% more forktastic than very hard ones. I only hope I don't live to see a mega hard one.
Xcandol (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:47:42 PM

I'm talking extra hard,

Gosh. There's nothing scarier than those extra hard ones. I've read that extra hard forks are 176% more forktastic than very hard ones. I only hope I don't live to see a mega hard one.

haha true story, i just wanted to make it more dramatic....
Sorry don't mean to be spreading rumours, just informed of something and wanted opinion. My source was correct about ETF rejection...but i guess was obvious for many here ??

Unfortunately for me a fork does impact my monetary status as I don't actually own bitcoins I just trade. If I was a proud owner of bitcoin I don't think weekly dumps and pumps or speculation would particularly bother me. But the way I do things if there's a pump or a dump, it can pretty devastating
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:08:49 PM

if you throw a dart in the dark you may still hit the target that doesn't make you a prophet or a god in speculating things about bitcoin!

and i don't understand why you posted this topic in this board! what you said has nothing to do with speculation! and speculation is about price not guessing the future.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:39:22 PM

Can you just change the topic so that people don't panic and press the sell button. If more threads like this comes out for sure here would be some fake news that would seem real when people see plenty of this kinds of news.

if you throw a dart in the dark you may still hit the target that doesn't make you a prophet or a god in speculating things about bitcoin!

and i don't understand why you posted this topic in this board! what you said has nothing to do with speculation! and speculation is about price not guessing the future.

Yeah, this is what prophets do. A shot in the dark and hope it sticks, and if it does they go "I told you so."
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:46:58 PM

...Your source is an idiot. ...
I'll second that. He/she is an idiot.

P.S. "extra hard" WTF Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:02:31 PM

I believe deploying a HF after the Segwit update will be much smoother than doing it in this current condition.
Sundark

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:54:35 PM

I believe deploying a HF after the Segwit update will be much smoother than doing it in this current condition.
Unfortunately SegWit is dead end of development, viewed by miners as a backdoor tool and enemy to decentralization.
I agree that everything would be so much easier with SegWit and Lightning Network.
But greedy miners won't allow it knowing that both these upgrades will kill their profits.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:55:36 PM

Unfortunately SegWit is dead end of development, viewed by miners as a backdoor tool and enemy to decentralization.
I agree that everything would be so much easier with SegWit and Lightning Network.
But greedy miners won't allow it knowing that both these upgrades will kill their profits.

Then said miners are monumentally stupid. The on chain fees for opening and closing channels will be staggeringly high. That's why I'm not so sure a Lightning Network will actually change much without quasi Paypals giving you IOUs to group them together instead.

We're already seeing a few merchants accepting Bitcoin solely through a Coinbase wallet to avoid going on chain. That might accelerate. If miners won't give enough permission to the capacity then people will route around them to everyone's detriment.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:39:07 PM

I'm talking extra hard, a source revealed to me before the end of the week ?? He's a trusted source so im a little confused now, anyone else hear of this ?? Please advise ?

no man read the last news, bitcoin unlimited is facing a big disaster in the code, there is a bug that is sending transaction offline, very bad for miners, it is not minable not usable they need to fix that, but their image is already destroyed i doubt that antpool now would return to mine with bitcoin unlimited

FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:06:37 PM

no man read the last news, bitcoin unlimited is facing a big disaster in the code, there is a bug that is sending transaction offline, very bad for miners, it is not minable not usable they need to fix that, but their image is already destroyed i doubt that antpool now would return to mine with bitcoin unlimited

Come on, BTU won't give up so easy. BTU supporters are fanatic lunatics, they will push it until the very end.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
JavaLove

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:18:01 PM

I don't believe that there is a real source in this case but rather speculation that is untrustworthy and wrong.

There are no signs that we the Blockchain will encounter a HF simply because we've seen everything working fine thus far.

If there is a HF, we'll just update to the latest version. There won't be any major changes coming soon though.

Don't incite panic and fear because one potential source made an absurd claim.

▄▄  ▄▄                 
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄             
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀         
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██   
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███               
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀           
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██   
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███           
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:20:39 PM

Come on, BTU won't give up so easy. BTU supporters are fanatic lunatics, they will push it until the very end.

they can make all the noise they want, who outside of their echo chamber is gonna take them seriously now?

no business or exchange would ever make the switch now. would one of the major miners really go all in if that button was put in front them? they may be greedy assholes but  they're not that dumb.

there's a huge leap between making a pose about something and actually doing it.
FiendCoin

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:45:27 PM

they can make all the noise they want, who outside of their echo chamber is gonna take them seriously now?

no business or exchange would ever make the switch now. would one of the major miners really go all in if that button was put in front them? they may be greedy assholes but  they're not that dumb.

there's a huge leap between making a pose about something and actually doing it.

We're living in crazy times, cough, president Trump, cough,  I hope you're right.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:27:57 PM

Bitcoin's entire security model is predicated on miners being "greedy". If miners being greedy is somehow bad then Bitcoin is fundamentally broken.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
FiendCoin

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:53:22 PM

Bitcoin's entire security model is predicated on miners being "greedy". If miners being greedy is somehow bad then Bitcoin is fundamentally broken.

Too much power in the hands of miners is a problem because they're always going to (be greedy) follow the money. What that means is even though some innovation may be good for Bitcoin as a whole, if it could be bad for the miner's bottom-line then they have every incentive to block it. Miners should not be the deciding factor in what changes are or are not made to Bitcoin.

mikenz

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 09:55:14 PM

miners can choose BU and if thats shit or shows a bug they can just switch to original SegWit from the Core team whats the f...ing problem. If they believe they still dont make enough money from it they can just shut their rigs down and open an asian street food chain in Hong Kong instead and let the mining pass to other regions of the world whats the problem man
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: