Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:24:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Lee LIES about Bitcoin Unlimited,  (Read 372 times)
kiklo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:44:09 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2017, 09:34:09 AM by kiklo

https://cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-director-gdax-will-not-support-bitcoin-unlimited-code-as-is

“Bitcoin Unlimited (BU) is a compatible hardfork upgrade to Bitcoin. This means that the BU chain will accept an all one mb-blocks chain. Whereas the current Bitcoin Core (BC) chain will not accept any >1 mb blocks in its chain. What this means is that if at any point, the BC chain grows longer (in PoW) than the BU chain, the BU client will reorg to the BC chain. All existing BU transactions will be dropped in favor for whatever is in the BC chain. And GDAX would be on the hook for everything,” explained Lee.

How many of you were smart enough to see how Charlie lied in his interview.

Charlie Stated
All existing BU transactions will be dropped in favor for whatever is in the BC chain.

I consider Charlie a Smart Guy, because I know only a Stupid Guy would believe his above line.
Therefore since Charlie is a Smart Guy, and both he & I know the above statement is false, a Liar is all that remains.

Why is it a Lie, Simple:

If Bitcoin Unlimited ever attains higher than 51% for a continued length of time, say a week or two with Blocks higher than 1mb,
all they have to do is release 1 Update to BTU Unlimited that includes a NEW Hard Coded Checkpoint.
With this new hard coded checkpoint, No blocks can ever be rewritten before that block, meaning
ANY BLOCKCHAIN REWRITES BEFORE THAT CHECKPOINT BLOCK ARE NO LONGER POSSIBLE!!!

Bitcoin, Litecoin & many alts use hard coded checkpoints to prevent history attacks.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/checkpoints

The real question ,
all of you need to ask yourselves is why do all of these smart guys keeping telling lies trying to trick you into supporting deadwit and hurt alternatives such as BTU or a lower block speed plan to fix the transaction capacity issue.

I believe it is purely greed on their parts , a promised payout from blockstream.
However if anyone has any evidence that family members have been kidnapped and that is why these people are being forced to lie, please contact the local authorities so we can free their family members so these guys can quit lying, because they are getting on my last nerve, with their Falsehoods.  Tongue

Cool

FYI:
BTU has said they would not start 2mb blocks until ~75%,
but the truth is they could do it at anywhere from 55% to 65% and have no worries about BTC coreheads being able to match their mining %.
Release 1 block over 1mb , and release a hard coded check point that same day.
By the way since BTU has the majority of mining they will be Bitcoin , not another name.
The 30% or so that is left would be the minority on their left behind fork and not BTC, as they would become WitPal (the coin for Offchain Nitwits).    Cheesy

I can see their ads now,
Witpalcoin, you can't trust our network ,but we will take your money anyway.
 Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:15:51 AM

follow the money

DCG -> blockstream
DCG -> BTCC -> charlie Lee

and why is charlie worried about coinbase(GDAX) losing money

DCG -> coinbase -> charlie Lee

bitcoin unlimited does not have a heavy handed ban toolkit if it activates
bitcoin unlimited will not activate unless having a majority. meaning core minority "catching up", is far fetched anyway.

what charlie lee should be more concerned about AFTER core throw a ban hammer to keep their minority alive instead of getting orphaned.
is the flood of transactions meant only for SWcoin being replayed on the majority network. and the majority network replaying transaction on SW minority network.

thus having customers arguing about seeing deposits they never asked for and having to get them withdrawn causing more mempool bloat to the minority, which will already delayed due to low hashrate and users trying hard to get funds over to SW keys to protect themselves and disarm themselves

i do find it funny that core have all the heavy handed ban node, pool and block tools and agenda. when the rest of the community (dozen+ different nodes implementation brands) want to keep the community on one network.

so charlie Lee should be more concerned with the minority causing trouble. not the majority

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: