Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:08:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is pump and dump?  (Read 1882 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 08:33:24 PM

@Just Developer
Of course..
NOOB's need to think of it this way..

Profit comes from other peoples money loss.
And since you need a lot of money to be the winner that translates into an equation of sorts.
There will always be far more losers than winners.

These coins work like a pyramid scheme of sorts.
They require you all to keep showing up and buying non stop.
When that stops the price levels off.. then people start dumping.
Few bag hold long term.
And once momentum shifts that is it.. the slide down gets steeper and steeper.

I thought this stuff was rather blatant & obvious.

Since the dawn of man money has worked one way..
10 guys walk into a room with a $100 each and 9 of them walk out with far less money.
The 1 guy is the man with profit obviously.
See what i mean ?

So Just Developer.. MOST WILL LOSE it's basic math & common sense.
It depends on trading skills, luck and knowing when to cash out and run.
Since you are all here reading this you clearly are "Still playing" the game.
And you may think well i am good at trading and lucky.. problem is..
The game is rigged.
No matter what the exchanges and coin dev's etc can simply change the rules they play so they ALWAYS win !
And they do too !
I could rattle of infinite examples of them all doing it too.

You all are playing a scammy pyramid coin game for ROI's in an unregulated yet govt compliant rigged scammy scene.

A coin "pumper" i think can be perceived as a whale who has money to buy more coins than the average users.
Coins get bought all the time but "the pump" is considered when all of a sudden there is a massive increase in coin purchases.
And "the dump" is when the same whale decides to bail out of his coins he just bought..
His profit will be the money that was injected into the coin market after he started his pump.
The profit sits in the difference he bought at vs the other users joining in and buying.
See what i mean ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:42:16 PM

Pump is making the price higher buy keep on buying a certain coin like bitcoin. Dumping is making the price lower buy keep on selling the coins that you are holding. And with your plans on buying I would suggest that you should go for monero many are looking into it and a lot of interest gives attention to monero nowadays.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:54:59 PM

Pump is making the price higher buy keep on buying a certain coin like bitcoin. Dumping is making the price lower buy keep on selling the coins that you are holding. And with your plans on buying I would suggest that you should go for monero many are looking into it and a lot of interest gives attention to monero nowadays.
You got the point pump is the fluctuate that you can see the line is running like a mountain after reach the top of the mountain he will going to dump means from the top of the mountain he will going to down in the mountain.,.
For me monero is not a good idea to choose for now its stay at $20 unlike dash right now and ethereum..
silverleafy

Activity: 538
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:43:07 AM

I only ever pump & dump in the toilet Grin

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:02:11 AM

hi im a newbie here and I've heard that big alt coins like ethereal dash are "pump and dump" what does this mean? are they gonna crash soon? should i invest into them? or is it too late? what do you guys think of other alts like monero or ether classic... should we invest into the cheap alt coins?
To understand pump and dump consider the example of a see-saw game where you are on the top at a time and then the next moment you are at the bottom so basically the price of altcoins would rise to a all time high value and then drop to a all time lowest value.

people who sell at pump are the ones who actually benefit with such coins. Usually traders do suspect about this bump and dump as some inside people do this kind of manipulations and getting the maximum benefits.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:41:02 AM

You got the point pump is the fluctuate that you can see the line is running like a mountain after reach the top of the mountain he will going to dump means from the top of the mountain he will going to down in the mountain.,.
For me monero is not a good idea to choose for now its stay at $20 unlike dash right now and ethereum..

Dash and Ethereum yeah thanks, I forgot about that it's on hype now and many are seems to be seeing these two. Monero is just good for holding right now, I don't sell it anyway waiting for more pumps on it.

I only ever pump & dump in the toilet Grin

Oh man, very funny though.  Grin

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:38:46 AM

hi im a newbie here and I've heard that big alt coins like ethereal dash are "pump and dump" what does this mean? are they gonna crash soon? should i invest into them? or is it too late? what do you guys think of other alts like monero or ether classic... should we invest into the cheap alt coins?
The definition of pump and dump had been answered above me, you must understand that investing on altcoins are like dashcoin, monero and ethereum is high risk losing money, if you want make investments into ethereum classic I agree with you because actually ethereum classic is original ethereum.
Well I don't agree with you because monero is the real heart of crypto currencies and I don't see a reason why they are high risk investments, yeah ethereum classic is good too but I would everytime prefer monero over it.

One thing we all have seen is that Monero has had never had a complete dump in price, since it is starting it has been going good.
dotajhay

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:48:04 AM

Pump is the way that coin will get high value and Dump is the way will get low value in the market, The coins will just pump if it has a high buy and sell volume and there's a group that pumping and dumping a coin that call whales or a large investors it is good to trade ether and monero if you have a big investment and read the news before trading.

archie1dash

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:40:51 PM

New Discord Pump Group "Tornado Pumps"

We are a team of highly dedicated members hell bent on capturing the cryptocurrency scene. Be a part of it or miss out big time. Let's get this snowball rolling!

https://discord.gg/VgX8QVn
healthbase_digital

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:45:23 PM

A pump and dump is a term that describes a type of market manipulation. When "whales" get together to manipulate the market by buying up coins to "pump" the price. This causes people to see this and buy the coin thinking it is going to go up. Eventually the whales sell their coins take the profit and the people trying to make a quick buck suffer. My advice research a coin, the tech, the people behind it, the problem it is going to solve and invest long term. Less stress and you will probably do better overall.
mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:51:10 PM

Personally I know Pump is the increasing of coin price & on the other hand Dump is the decreasing of coin price.Monero is so much pretty coin I recommend to buy monero.But I have no suggestion about ethereum classic.

▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
jackolinyoko

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:03:08 PM

PND is an artificial manipulation of the market,PND groups are restricted in some exchanges ive hear they are getting banned if they are detected by exchanges.

ScamcoinBagholder

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:07:51 PM

Groups of investors accumulate coins over a long period of time, then they buy agressively which create s a "pump" effect, as people get sucked into buying an appreciating coin. As soon as the coin raises to the desired value, they dump their conis on the so called bagholders.
kingasterisk

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:12:42 PM

Whales playing around the crypto ocean while traders try to fish. And also what holders give no *** about(or should).
rbv

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:19:15 PM

pump = a person or group of persons performs actions to bring the price to higher levels in short time, thereby attracting other buyers leading to further increase
dump = the same manipulators sell their coins at an unreasonably high price, thereby taking profit and bringing it down again
NeonXL

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 07:35:04 PM

Pumps is increasing token/coin price, which supported by somebody`s money, fictitious growing. Dump - decreasing price after Pump

matsusomoto

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:16:08 PM

Manipulation of a coin's price in the market to make fast profits usually whales are doing this everyday.

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:18:41 PM

The above posts have clearly explained about pump and dump. I personally suggest you not to participate in such pump and dump events. As many people bought in pump and when coin dumped, people either become a bag holder or sell the coin at a lost.
panghae

Activity: 148

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:07:21 PM

Pump and Dumps is a way of manipulating the market or a coin's price,whales groups in the market will plan to pump a coin and when the small fishes bite their baits they will take profit and then dump the coin,the small fishes are mostly the victims of the PND groups.

SanZoldyck

Activity: 615
Merit: 105

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:27:30 PM

pump is an elite group that wants to raise prices and dumps is the opposite, and can also be called a Crypto Exchange fever Smiley

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: