Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:33:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sooo...which one of you is selling BTC to buy ETH?  (Read 3121 times)
HabBear (OP)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 03:09:16 AM

ETH just hit $50...there's no turning back, no correction, no limit to the growth...apparently.

Also, BTC seems to be selling off. Hmmm...what a coincidence.

Who among you are selling off to buy in?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:22:12 AM

ETH just hit $50...there's no turning back, no correction, no limit to the growth...apparently.

Not me.

I believe that there is a lot of hype going on, and when there is hype, there is a rise. But after that rise inevitably every time there will be a huge crash and people's confidence destroyed again. But people don't ever learn in my opinion, they keep investing when there is so much hype and lose a lot of their hard earned money on margin trading.

Bitcoin is cheap compared to its $1250 high, i think it's a good time to hold.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:50:21 AM

so 'this time it's different?'

sellsellsellsellsellsellSELL.
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:56:37 AM

Sold my ETH yesterday and bought LTC and thought that I'll just let it sit for a while....but then.... learned about MLN and switched to that instead. It's a fun spring for crypto

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
Fatov

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:07:09 AM

eth 0.02 to 0.043
DASH 0.036 to 0.08

Should I change "DASH" to "ETH"?

Fatov was here
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
For private, fast and secure transactions DASH is King | Dashtalk
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:16:12 AM

i bought ethereum when nobody was talking about it and price was low. i will NEVER buy into a pump and after a bubble is formed because i am not an idiot.

i have not yet decided when to unload by bags though. because it is hard to predict the top of this bubble. i may do it very soon because i have already made a good amount of profit from this pump and i am more than satisfied with the result.

also i don't want to be caught in the middle of a dump and hating myself for holding too long.

to the moon with bitcoin...
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:23:37 AM

ETH should go up to $200 imo and ETC should rise up to $15 and DASH should rise up to $120 let us put some cash on them instead of putting all the eggs on bitcoin's blockchain. I'm waiting for ETH to change to POS before buying and staking.

🖤😏
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:24:26 AM

i bought ethereum when nobody was talking about it and price was low. i will NEVER buy into a pump and after a bubble is formed because i am not an idiot.

i have not yet decided when to unload by bags though. because it is hard to predict the top of this bubble. i may do it very soon because i have already made a good amount of profit from this pump and i am more than satisfied with the result.

also i don't want to be caught in the middle of a dump and hating myself for holding too long.

hey, keep quiet. we can't have too many sensible people otherwise we wouldn't get the stoopid pumps.
zoolander

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 04:51:16 AM

Neither. I hate to say this as someone who has always been long on Bitcoin and long on Ethereum since I took a significant position last year whilst all the hard fork craziness was unfolding but ... I'm cashing out a chunk of both BTC/ETH to USD to wait this out and lock in some profits, but I'll still be more than happy if either continue to do well.

I think we may be witnessing one of the greatest co-ordinated market manipulations in crypto history. Either that or some people who are holding a lot of BTC that can't convert to FIAT has insider knowledge of something bad that is going to happen and is diversifying on a huge scale. The only thing that makes me pause for thought are the volumes, which are huge. Perhaps it is both - a perfect storm of events.

I predict a blood bath one way or another. Clearly ETH didn't just become worth several times its value in the space of a few weeks. We are into parabolic territory now - calling the top (which admitted could easily go another $10 or $20 or more) is a very dangerous game - and only a gambler would buy in right now. Having been around for the Bitcoin $32 bubble and $256 bubble it is definitely going to crash ... it is just a question of when and by how much.

The more interesting question is where is Bitcoin is going to go? Perhaps it is just me but people seem to forget that the previous ATH we just broke was most likely artificial - willy bot and MTGOX fraud anyone? I tend to think the actual ATH if the market had been left to its own devices would have been much lower. Perhaps we would have never broken $266 again for quite a while - we have no idea what was going on back then. So it is quite reasonable that Bitcoin could see a significant correction and sell off - even though I think the gains here have been more steady and over a prolonged time.

If Bitcoin does have destructive war regarding Segwit and BitcoinUnlimited the whole market will tank. Not good for anyone who is actually interested in how Bitcoin and blockchain technologies can change the world.

Smarter and more powerful people than me are set to make a lot of money I suspect.

My BTC.02 - Long time Bitcointalk lurker but still a newbie poster.
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 05:03:29 AM

I'm still hanging onto my BTC. I think it's awesome that ETH is climbing in value but I get leery about how long
the climb can last.

HabBear (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 05:20:03 AM

Clearly ETH didn't just become worth several times its value in the space of a few weeks.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you gotta read the news more often. Major US corporations in Tech and Wall Street announced an alliance project based on the Ethereum platform. That's the single piece of news that cause this run on ETH.

Here's the article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/27/business/dealbook/ethereum-alliance-business-banking-security.html?_r=0

I believe that there is a lot of hype going on, and when there is hype, there is a rise. But after that rise inevitably every time there will be a huge crash and people's confidence destroyed again.

Wise point here except when it doesn't happen. Let's take the time that BTC ran up from $10-20 range to over $100 and beyond. It's never been below $150 since. So, was that run up "irrational exuberance" or genuine asset appreciation? The fact that it hasn't crashed back yet leads me to believe it's the latter.

Everyone likes to say "it's a bubble!"...but then, sometimes...it isn't.

This thing with ETH doesn't feel like a bubble, it feels like ETH is finally breaking out.
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:02:58 AM

Clearly ETH didn't just become worth several times its value in the space of a few weeks.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you gotta read the news more often. Major US corporations in Tech and Wall Street announced an alliance project based on the Ethereum platform. That's the single piece of news that cause this run on ETH.

Here's the article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/27/business/dealbook/ethereum-alliance-business-banking-security.html?_r=0

I believe that there is a lot of hype going on, and when there is hype, there is a rise. But after that rise inevitably every time there will be a huge crash and people's confidence destroyed again.

Wise point here except when it doesn't happen. Let's take the time that BTC ran up from $10-20 range to over $100 and beyond. It's never been below $150 since. So, was that run up "irrational exuberance" or genuine asset appreciation? The fact that it hasn't crashed back yet leads me to believe it's the latter.

This thing with ETH doesn't feel like a bubble, it feels like ETH is finally breaking out.

Its not a bubble until it pops and people  Cry

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:24:29 AM

at this point, not me. i have made my profit and no offense to those that are getting in now but if you ask me that is a very stupid idea to get in now after the pump and buy into the bubble.
  • if you can buy before the pump then you are a winner,
  • if you buy as the pump starts and get out higher than you bought you are a winner.
  • if you buy very late into the pump after price had gone up pretty high then you have balls of steel because the dump is right around the corner.
  • and finally if you buy very late into the pump and be left holding bags of overprices crap then you are an idiot.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:31:09 AM

at this point, not me. i have made my profit and no offense to those that are getting in now but if you ask me that is a very stupid idea to get in now after the pump and buy into the bubble.
  • if you can buy before the pump then you are a winner,
  • if you buy as the pump starts and get out higher than you bought you are a winner.
  • if you buy very late into the pump after price had gone up pretty high then you have balls of steel because the dump is right around the corner.
  • and finally if you buy very late into the pump and be left holding bags of overprices crap then you are an idiot.
Good points to remember when trading alts, alts are good to play for short term but on long run we have seen so much dump after a very high pump. ETH have pumped really hard before also and a dump after DAO disaster, so be careful when buying ETH at current peak price.  Grin
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:33:27 AM

No I don't, I keep on sticking with bitcoin. A coincidence or it's just normal that when bitcoin's price is dropping there are some alts that are increasing. And I keep on holding both of it, there's no need to sell since I'm looking for a higher profit and just do nothing but keep on holding it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:33:55 AM

first time i see two strong coins being pumped at the same time like dash and ethereum, usually they dump one to buy another

and dumping bitcoin here to buy etheruem doesn't make sense, because you can directly buy ethereum with fiat on many exchange

therefore the reason for the bitcoin tanking must lie under another thing
HabBear (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2017, 06:36:56 AM

first time i see two strong coins being pumped at the same time like dash and ethereum, usually they dump one to buy another

and dumping bitcoin here to buy etheruem doesn't make sense, because you can directly buy ethereum with fiat on many exchange

therefore the reason for the bitcoin tanking must lie under another thing

But Bitcoin has stalled, the ETF got rejected...why not double down on something new and poised to do great things. I'm not talking about alt coins. Ethereum isn't currency, it's a different use of the blockchain with a more practical application for mainstream adoption.

It's not currency. I see it as shares in a company or an idea.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:51:43 AM

Hmm - but with unlimited supply Ethere was not really meant as a store of value.
zoolander

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:53:28 AM

Roll Eyes Please, I have read ALL the news there is to read. Like EVERYTHING in this mad wild wild west of ecosystem it's just one story to latch on - and smart and dumb speculators either use it to their advantage or get sucked in. This is NOT a mature technology, it's all speculated potential and there are too many manipulators who can have the fire power to swing the markets, even BTC.

Like I've said I have been in this market for a long time. When you get consecutive 20% bumps in price on a daily basis the end is in sight. It's just a matter of when. Perhaps the previous ATH will hold (I think around $20 might be more sensible target) and yes, the overall trend for people holding will still be very healthy (that's why I am far from selling everything). But you are smoking crack or just spreading lies if you don't think this is irrational exuberance right now (edit: or manipulation)
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 07:09:56 AM

Me, but not seriously because I bought ETH when price crashed under $7 and sold already when it reached $50 and now just waiting for price to drop under $50 again so I can buy back in to hopefully sell to profit once pumps and creates another bubble.
Bitcoin price is dropping unlike dash which is around $90 and will increase even more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: