Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex = Scam exchange beware.  (Read 41207 times)
neuralstar

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:21:46 AM

Beware of Poloniex,

They use bots to pump and dump coins and ponzi schemes,  at the moment the exchange is pumping DASH which is a ponzi scheme,  they create these big pumps, attract investors who short them, them keep them stuck for weeks.  If you dont know Poloniex is designed to suck in investors, use bots to create fake volume.
Why would they risk that? They're already the biggest single exchange for BTC and alts. I figure their volume is real.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andri.Ghani

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:23:00 PM

What is really happening on poloniex? Too bad for them because surely it will affect their site. Im using poloniex for a couple months but i will immediately withdraw my funds there
I also see many people who seem to escape from this poloniex site somehow I also do not know it yet  Huh
dyigitus

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 12:05:05 AM

it has been two weeks, i have 4 support tickets but MY WITHDRAWAL IS STILL AWAITING APPROVAL. POLONIUM GIVE MY COINS BACK !!!!
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:02:26 AM

it has been two weeks, i have 4 support tickets but MY WITHDRAWAL IS STILL AWAITING APPROVAL. POLONIUM GIVE MY COINS BACK !!!!

This seems to be a widespread problem currently and there isn't a whole lot you can do other than just keep spamming their support with requests. They even removed the toolbox so you can't even complain there anymore. They said that they would make the moderators trained to become support agents, but this seems to be false and there is no increase in the amount of answered tickets.

Go to suepoloniex.today to fill out the form and hopefully get compensated for all this. This applies to everyone else that thinks they've been treated unfairly by polo as well.
flat_

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:26:38 AM

Withdrawals are not working.
Coins are disappearing.
I withdrew my MAID coins and it shows as "Complete: Error" in withdraw history.
The transaction never showed in blockchain. But the coins dissappeared on Polo.
https://i.imgur.com/B13GsiT.png
The day before same withdrawal was working fine.
They are going down, now they disabled TrollBox.
It is Cryptsy all over again.
1) Non-working withdrawals
2) disabled chatbox
3) stealing of our coins

Take what you can and run away.

EDIT: btw they dont respond to support tickets (i have open ticket for another issue for 16 days now)
EDIT2: well Polo responded to and fixed my ticket few hours after i posted here. So being vocal surely helps.
My Coins finally went through. Their support is still tragical but at least i know that it exists now.

Out of curiosity how long did it take?? Same issue and no response from the Support Center at all..
Easteregg69

Activity: 1416
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:36:38 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 06:59:08 AM by Easteregg69

I got banhammered with a .gif by one of their moderators. I was pretty drunk that evening..

And the dgb went down.

PS: Aaaargh. Now the ether is crashing on me.

Cheers :-)

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
gurcell

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:21:43 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 10:37:44 AM by gurcell

Poloniex "was" a good exchange. After the ethereum boom last month, i sent 7 eth to another to my brothers poloniex account. 25 days passed, it is still waiting for approval, my verficiation is pending and i have 4 support tickets waiting in "processing" status. No one answers the support emails. Poloniex "was" a good exchange. If you want to loose money, work with poloniex.

my ticket numbers are 217676, 190274 , 183498 , 178742

Being Processed since 18 days 17 hours
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:44:01 AM

Beware of Poloniex,

They use bots to pump and dump coins and ponzi schemes,  at the moment the exchange is pumping DASH which is a ponzi scheme,  they create these big pumps, attract investors who short them, them keep them stuck for weeks.  If you dont know Poloniex is designed to suck in investors, use bots to create fake volume.
Why would they risk that? They're already the biggest single exchange for BTC and alts. I figure their volume is real.

You need not be surprised, because those who say so there are several problems that may make them not feel reassured. Because poloniex is the largest and most trusted exchange a lot of people, so they use the double regulation that causes that someone who has a problem and could not confirm with valid possibility could experience it. It is likely that the account he hacked by someone where in it there is a digital currency. Just be quiet and do something more useful, and also benefit the

myspacerocket

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:55:14 AM

Sent a substantial amount of Ether to deposit on poloniex (20 Eth), it has been 6 hours already and the deposit is not even appearing as pending. Checked the addresses - everything is correct. Created a support ticket but seems I will have to wait a lot until it is resolved.
Really worry about my money now, that is a significant amount for me Sad

The TX is 0x431e5457cce96652567be254fe221765f082f7b1829d0b19ae0afdf50dbf8aad
dyigitus

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 03:08:34 PM

Its been 3 weeks that my withdrawal order is Awaiting Approval. Its just 0.34 BTC, GIVE MY COINS BACK POLONIEX ! Angry
ishtar

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:02:15 PM

They've been spamming me 6 times a day from a no-reply email address:

This email is to notify you of a successful login to your Poloniex account from an IP address not previously associated with this account.

Username/email: cen@so.red
IP Address: 94.181.136.242

If you do not recognize this login, you should freeze your account immediately and contact support.

So I click the "freeze account" button, and they claim my account is frozen, that I have to contact support.

How do you contact support? BY LOGGING IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. *facepalm*
There's no other way, period. And the irony?

I still get spammed 6 times a day. So their "freeze account" button is either a lie, broken, or they really are scammers.

Either way, I wouldn't trust them with a penny.

And by the way, I never had an account there. So they bought my email from some other spammers.
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:49:19 PM

This email is to notify you of a successful login to your Poloniex account from an IP address not previously associated with this account.

If you do not recognize this login, you should freeze your account immediately and contact support.

So I click the "freeze account" button, and they claim my account is frozen, that I have to contact support.

I still get spammed 6 times a day. So their "freeze account" button is either a lie, broken, or they really are scammers.

And by the way, I never had an account there. So they bought my email from some other spammers.
I don't really understand it. You don't have an account there, and they are spamming you with that your account is frozen? Wtf? If you don't have an account there, it's probably a scam, but not by poloniex. Several pools and shit were hacked in the past, so your address can be out there for a while.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:51:02 PM

I can hardly get to some conclusion from this topic.
Is this good exchange or bad exchange?
Is it safe to trade there?
flekkelek

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 07:56:52 PM

Well, as you can see there are problems ATM, we don't really know what is going on, because they don't communicate with us. I would recommend you to use another exchange like Bittrex for example for now, and we will see what will happen in the future.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:07:56 PM

There are too many complaints recently about polo. I think it's time for me to leave this exchange. My account was frozen because I logged in with a vpn, I emailed support and they demanded for email key, I forwarded them the key but it's been days now with no solution, and I am losing funds with the current price drop.
Kasvain

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:20:21 PM

I got a email message from do-not-reply@poloniex.com which told that a reset request for my password have been made and after that a message which tells that the password is changed 9 days ago while I haven't touched the password for a month. Also the password I'm using works well.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:03:48 PM

Well, as you can see there are problems ATM, we don't really know what is going on, because they don't communicate with us. I would recommend you to use another exchange like Bittrex for example for now, and we will see what will happen in the future.
I am asking because i never experienced any problem with them and i see recently many complains against them but to be honest most of them came from new accounts here and i can hardly believe their words, i would like to see some evidence as well.
(older member are saying they don't have problems)
Sorry, but all this looks like FUD to me!
flekkelek

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 09:17:41 PM

I am asking because i never experienced any problem with them and i see recently many complains against them but to be honest most of them came from new accounts here and i can hardly believe their words, i would like to see some evidence as well.
(older member are saying they don't have problems)
Sorry, but all this looks like FUD to me!

Well something has to be with polo:

To meet the increasing demands on support staff, the Trollbox has been disabled indefinitely and moderators have been reallocated to assist in support.

Seems like they have resource problems at least.
Kawasanz

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:13:46 AM

Level poloniex is not possible to do such thing is the longest surviving market site and many old coins there
For ponzi itself mostly on the new sites and the level of security is still lacking
Many hackers try to poloniex but always fail
ishtar

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:46:46 PM

I don't really understand it. You don't have an account there, and they are spamming you with that your account is frozen? Wtf? If you don't have an account there, it's probably a scam, but not by poloniex. Several pools and shit were hacked in the past, so your address can be out there for a while.

Mail from: mail2.poloniex.com so yes, it's them. And yes, it's spam.
I searched my emails from top to bottom and have never registered there. They probably bought my email from a dead exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: