Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:56:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex = Scam exchange beware.  (Read 41207 times)
doncello

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:48:02 PM

POLONIEX IS ABSOFUCKINGLUTLY SCAM. SINCE 3 DAYS THEY ARE HOLDING MY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS AND DONT REPLY TO SUPPORT TICKETS. I BET ALL IN ALL THEY ARE HOLDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. THEY HAVE REACHED A POINT THAT THEY HAVE SO BAD REPUTATION THAT THEY CAN NO LONGER SURVIVE IN THIS BUSINESS. THEIR ONLY WAY EXIT IS TO RUN AWAY WITH CUSTOMERS' MONEY. WE NEED TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THEM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fistfullofbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:59:49 PM

the thing everyone has been saying about polo being shit and failures but people still use them. the only way is for people to stop using them but this could cause issues short term but longterm better.
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 05:49:50 PM

Well people ... after waiting for ages (weeks to be exact) i finally got my BTC _and_ my BCH out of polo, sadly, they still did not give me the real BCH for all BTC in limbo.... but o.k.

I only have 0.01btc left there in several coins ... but i'm actually checking my options where to send them to have them on the safe side _if_ they actually break down completely. Sad

Hacky

P.s.: You should watch the initial [ANN] thread from Busoni too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420836

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:12:53 AM

scammers are everywhere, ensure you, your check and read and understand how the market runs, avoid ex changers with bad track record, meaning you got to explore before investing or using an exchanger.
RedX

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:30:42 AM

I always encounter many technical issues in polo. I always get logged out after a minute of getting logged in is what always happen to me. I still don't know why most investors go to polo instead of bittrex that I have never encountered any issues ever since.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:11:59 AM

I have not seen any evidence if poloniex is a scam but with the problems that exist in poloniex we should be more careful again and think further to use poloniex because there are still many problems that have not been resolved there yet.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:45:47 AM

I keep reading all these scam accusations against poloneix , yet, people keep using them. Is it that the majority ain't aware that they are selectively scamming?
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:26:38 AM

I keep reading all these scam accusations against poloneix , yet, people keep using them. Is it that the majority ain't aware that they are selectively scamming?
or just the majority don't fall for this fud. always noob accounts... interesting, huh?
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:36:49 PM

New accounts are having problems withdrawing, but old accounts are not. So the old accounts continue to use Poloniex.

In addition they have some features that other exchanges don't, such as the ability to lend btc and some alts and the ability to short some alts (because traders can borrow them). Bittrex for example has no lending and no margin trading.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
K4

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:47:55 PM

I will soon withdraw all my funds from Poloniex.

One of my NOTE deposits never arrived and never ever showed up anywhere on Poloniex, eventhough I can clearly see them in the blockchain.

A support ticket that I had submitted weeks ago still hasn't been answered of course.

I'm thinking about spamming the support, since I lost A LOT of money because I can't sell my NOTE and I'm losing money everyday.
Rabi3

Activity: 1204

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:38:45 PM

We know this fact and poloniex has positive points and negative points, but his positive points are more than negative, so I don't care

Rana590

Activity: 1736
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:31:28 PM

We know everything has both condition and it is good or bad. I heard about poloniex is a scam but i didn't not face any problem with it. In this time, new account is faced a little bit problem but old account is still ok. But we should conscious about poloniex.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:02:12 AM

I think poloniex is not a scam, but seeing poloniex is one of the biggest exchangers, it makes poloniex the target of heavyweight hackers, and always keeps their servers down. But I only know until here, I do not know the latest news.
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:22:27 PM

I think poloniex is not a scam, but seeing poloniex is one of the biggest exchangers, it makes poloniex the target of heavyweight hackers, and always keeps their servers down. But I only know until here, I do not know the latest news.

Shady fucks for sure, when they aren't processing withdrawals for ages (bitcoin withdrawals) and verification takes several months...their doing everything in their power to slow down withdrawals...kinda gives me the impression their close to insolvency.

Pretty sure they'll eventually disappear one day...
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 04:33:15 PM

Shady fucks for sure, when they aren't processing withdrawals for ages (bitcoin withdrawals) and verification takes several months...their doing everything in their power to slow down withdrawals...kinda gives me the impression their close to insolvency.

I think they have regulators on site that are overseeing them looking for money launderers but that is just my guess. But my tickets on my fucked over margin calls have gone unanswered still and that is just reeking of incompetence or scamming. won't be long before I open a scam thread. They are just lucky that i'm lazy and amount I lost is small, but the amount I would have gained is not.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
3months18w

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 04:31:55 AM

I am here to spread poloniex is not as safe as before, not spread it's a scam exchange,be careful if you are still trading here.

Guzztsar

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 05:33:28 PM

These complaints are worrying everyone. Hope to never need to open a support ticket there.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:39:03 PM

I think they have regulators on site that are overseeing them looking for money launderers but that is just my guess. But my tickets on my fucked over margin calls have gone unanswered still and that is just reeking of incompetence or scamming. won't be long before I open a scam thread.

I don't think regulators are doing anything. Poloniex isn't even licensed anywhere. They are based in the US and have a self-registered FINCEN #, but they don't hold any licenses as a money transmitter.

I think that usually, in those kinds of cases, US regulators would slap them with an action/fine out of the blue. Or they'll just straight up seize your domain like BTC-e, if they really want to make a point about money laundering.

They don't actively work with the exchanges regarding AML, except under subpoena in an active investigation, or where Poloniex voluntarily forwards information to law enforcement.

It smells like Cryptsy to me.
hanskan

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:46:45 PM

Polo still haven't credited the ZEC that wen missing in june when their ZEC wallet was down, nor have they answered my emails regarding this issue. 2,5 months lol. If that isn't a scam then i don't know what is.

KEEP AWAY!!
USE BITTREX!
muumimamma

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:06:46 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2017, 10:21:10 PM by muumimamma

First of all, i would say, i have traded cryptos since 2012 and i have saw the many exchanges scam but never got into them. I hope i never will, but Poloniex.com has something, something weird that i cannot explain on this message. But i suggest you to take these facts seriously and think about the situation they've build. And sorry about my bad verbal and written english. I was suprised that this old polo scam thread is still pumped daily btw.

My request for upgrading my account sitting for months now, nobody answers..  there's nobody there...

Remember what happened spring 2017? Odd crashes on large pumps, especially when ripple pumped.

People started yelling "Scam POLO SCam1!1" on trollbox, days in a row...
Then they disabled it.

Last couple years place had weekly updates, new coins added etcetera... Nowdays silence falls upon us from holders of our wealth. You hardly get the newest updates.. some times days late. That is a long wait in crypto world.

This is beginning of an end...

EDIT:
 Huh Huh Huh***WARNING*** Huh Huh Huh  9/8/17 (Eighth of september) Big investor posted some information,  tweeted over hundred times, that large groups of professional crypto investors, whales mostly, telling you , together that you should: LEAVE-POLONIEX-IMMEDIATELY

It's circling around the internet.  I withdrawed 5400+ XRP to BITTREX.com immediately. At least they(Bittrex) have people's real names and pictures on the website with professional backgrounds and not just a silly nicknames with no information at all. They are holding your personal wealth. With no names, no backgrounds CLEARLY stated!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: