[1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool

<< < (32/3255) > >>

Transisto:
I created an issue on git hub , is that the best place to get support ?
https://github.com/forrestv/p2pool/issues/11

ancow:
Quote from: Transisto on January 31, 2012, 12:05:10 AM

I created an issue on git hub , is that the best place to get support ?
https://github.com/forrestv/p2pool/issues/11

The "issues" thing on github is for bugs. What you've put in your issue is more of a question and should be asked here.

Costia:
dont see any problem there
work is restarted when a share is found by others - about once in 10 seconds
the accepted shares reported by the miner are low difficulty - ~1 , this can indicate if you have any problems with rejects
the actual shares that count are reported in the p2pool client

CrazyGuy:
Quote from: twmz on January 30, 2012, 12:23:47 PM

Quote from: CrazyBlane on January 30, 2012, 07:28:53 AM

I'm a little confused about where the payments come from though... Does the p2pool client force multiple payments from the block solver's bitcoin client to all miners in the pool? Is another bitcoin client built into the p2pool binary?

The found-block directly includes the appropriate payments in the coinbase (the transaction that generates the 50 BTC).  Instead of the 50 BTC going to one address, it goes to all of the addresses of people that have mined shares in the last N shares (usually 8640) relative to how many shares they have mined.

See here for an example:

http://blockchain.info/block-index/856135

(see the "No Input (Newly Generated Coins)" transaction)

Ok, that's really cool, I didn't know bitcoin allowed multiple addresses for payout of the found-block.

So, I've got my 2 Windows miners(1x2x5870 & 1x2x6970) chugging along at about a 1% reject rate with phoenix 1.7.5. I tried to drop my 2.5 gh/s minecart in, with the same version of phoenix but running the last release of linuxcoin.  I'm getting about 30% - 50% reject rate on all 7 gpus (3x5970s & 1x5830) Same miners pointing at Slush and I'm down at 1% reject rate. Does the P2P client have issues with nodes that have too many GPUs? Maybe I need to update the ATI drivers...

I'm running p2p client on a central machine in my network; I would try running another p2p instance on the minecart but I'm running the OS off a 4gb USB stick and I'm not sure it could handle the current size of the Bitcoin blockchain.

twmz:
Quote from: CrazyBlane on January 31, 2012, 03:54:45 AM

I tried to drop my 2.5 gh/s minecart in, with the same version of phoenix but running the last release of linuxcoin.  I'm getting about 30% - 50% reject rate on all 7 gpus (3x5970s & 1x5830) Same miners pointing at Slush and I'm down at 1% reject rate. Does the P2P client have issues with nodes that have too many GPUs? Maybe I need to update the ATI drivers...

I run a single rig with 5 GPUs and phoenix and get about 5% reject.  Check your AGRESSION option.  It needs to be lower for p2pool in order to get lower stales.  I was getting 20-30% as well and dropped the AGRESSION from 9 down to 7 and reject rate dropped like a rock.  I don't know why this is necessary, but it seems to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page