Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 [591] 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... 814 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool  (Read 2591624 times)
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:43:04 PM

back2back ! yeeehaaaaaa

It can be like waiting for a bus sometimes - nothing for ages, then they all come at once...... Cheesy

Very nice! But got another question... How is p2pool able to pay out the coins so fast compared to other pools?

The "shares" that are submitted on the alt chain contain the payout info for all the miners.  When a share is big enough to be a block, it's submitted to the Bitcoin chain, and if accepted, the payout is distributed through the Bitcoin network as the share describes.  It's a very elegant solution.

Note that "payout" is probably a bad term.. more like mining distribution.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 10:51:47 PM

back2back ! yeeehaaaaaa

It can be like waiting for a bus sometimes - nothing for ages, then they all come at once...... Cheesy

Very nice! But got another question... How is p2pool able to pay out the coins so fast compared to other pools?

The "shares" that are submitted on the alt chain contain the payout info for all the miners.  When a share is big enough to be a block, it's submitted to the Bitcoin chain, and if accepted, the payout is distributed through the Bitcoin network as the share describes.  It's a very elegant solution.

M

Thank you for explaining that!
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 10:54:00 PM

back2back ! yeeehaaaaaa

The "shares" that are submitted on the alt chain contain the payout info for all the miners.  When a share is big enough to be a block, it's submitted to the Bitcoin chain, and if accepted, the payout is distributed through the Bitcoin network as the share describes.  It's a very elegant solution.

M

These payouts are also virgin coins - freshly minted  Wink

That's the beauty of a truly decentralised system, we don't have to wait for any centralised body to pay us (or not, as happens on other pools), what you see is what you get.

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:01:51 PM

back2back ! yeeehaaaaaa

The "shares" that are submitted on the alt chain contain the payout info for all the miners.  When a share is big enough to be a block, it's submitted to the Bitcoin chain, and if accepted, the payout is distributed through the Bitcoin network as the share describes.  It's a very elegant solution.

M

That's the beauty of a truly decentralised system, we don't have to wait for any centralised body to pay us (or not, as happens on other pools), what you see is what you get.
I have to agree with you...it just took me a while to understand p2pool
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 11:47:23 PM

back2back ! yeeehaaaaaa

M

These payouts are also virgin coins - freshly minted  Wink

I have to agree with you...it just took me a while to understand p2pool

block finder gets a 0.5% bonus too also forgot to say thx to the recent donors who shared their wealth.
bhanu545

Activity: 706
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:19:18 AM

Is there any way to find out if our miners submitted any shares in p2pool?

I can see only minefast.CoinCadence.com node has detailed statistics on shares submitted etc. All other nodes dont have any stats except graphs of hashrate.

Is it something node owner has to install or integrate inorder to display shares submitted by miners?
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 05:54:37 AM

I can see only minefast.CoinCadence.com node has detailed statistics on shares submitted etc. All other nodes dont have any stats except graphs of hashrate.

Is it something node owner has to install or integrate inorder to display shares submitted by miners?
Windpath spent some time coding a custom front end to p2pool so that he's able to display miner information.  The standard p2pool UI does not include anywhere near this detailed level of information.  Virtually every front end available just makes the standard information pretty - they do nothing to actually enhance that data.  Windpath does on his node, which is why you see such detailed information there.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:15:22 AM

the goal of p2pool is to run p2pol locally. your doing it wrong!

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 07:30:16 AM

Actually I think he is doing it right, and looking for the stats we provide for his own node front end.....

The answer is you can always view your payouts and other pool stats on our site, whether or not you mine with us, however we can only track share data for shares submitted to our node...

The default P2Pool front end will show you your valid (and orphan) shares since the last node restart under "Share Explorer", example:

http://minefast.coincadence.com:9332/static/original/

and for a specific share:

http://minefast.coincadence.com:9332/static/original/share.html#00000000000000264285d829c3e6fa60445fa32572be7a22090e39af7869e17a

If you want to keep them for all time, currently you need to implement some type of persistent storage solution outside of P2Pool...
bhanu545

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:30:51 AM

Actually I think he is doing it right, and looking for the stats we provide for his own node front end.....

The answer is you can always view your payouts and other pool stats on our site, whether or not you mine with us, however we can only track share data for shares submitted to our node...

The default P2Pool front end will show you your valid (and orphan) shares since the last node restart under "Share Explorer", example:

http://minefast.coincadence.com:9332/static/original/

and for a specific share:

http://minefast.coincadence.com:9332/static/original/share.html#00000000000000264285d829c3e6fa60445fa32572be7a22090e39af7869e17a

If you want to keep them for all time, currently you need to implement some type of persistent storage solution outside of P2Pool...

Thanks for the info. I get it now. My present node seems to be problematic which doesnt show last shares correctly.

I have a doubt regarding actual node difficulty vs miner difficulty.

We can see the best share numbers in antminers, I know that if best share is more than node difficulty it doesnt mean that miner already found a share. a share difficulty can be anything, 100times the node difficulty etc.
My question is, bestshare in antminer shows sometimes less than Node difficulty. What does this mean? If its less than actuall difficulty does that mean miner is submitting lower difficulty shares and are discarded by pool because of lower difficulty? Which simply means such shares gives no payout at all?
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 08:44:54 AM

My question is, bestshare in antminer shows sometimes less than Node difficulty. What does this mean? If its less than actuall difficulty does that mean miner is submitting lower difficulty shares and are discarded by pool because of lower difficulty? Which simply means such shares gives no payout at all?

Essentially yes, your miner will submit shares that meet the pseudo share difficulty, this number is typically much lower then actual share difficulty.

By doing this P2Pool is able to more accurately estimate your hashrate, and present you with better data on the front end.

If you were to only submit shares that meet the minimum P2Pool difficulty it would make the data presented to you on the front end far less reliable because of the time between your valid shares.

I'd be cautious about trusting "best share" on Ants, there have been errors in the past.

bhanu545

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:04:36 AM

Essentially yes, your miner will submit shares that meet the pseudo share difficulty, this number is typically much lower then actual share difficulty.

By doing this P2Pool is able to more accurately estimate your hashrate, and present you with better data on the front end.

If you were to only submit shares that meet the minimum P2Pool difficulty it would make the data presented to you on the front end far less reliable because of the time between your valid shares.

I'd be cautious about trusting "best share" on Ants, there have been errors in the past.

Actually its waste of time for miners submitting shares with less than actual difficulty. Is there anyway we can set the miners to work only with the minimum node difficulty? Also are there any chances share submitted with minimum node difficulty can be rejected or discarded?

http://minefast.coincadence.com:9332/static/original/  - In this page, "My shares" shows invalid pages, how do we find the latest share submitted in this node under "my shares"? Opening each link to check the details is a headache job.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:28:17 AM

I am also thinking even if the Ant shows a "Best Share" large enough to get a share but you don't see it show up in your miners info on a pool, then most likely it was either a orphan or dead? I have only been mining on p2pool for less than a week and have tried a couple nodes near me (Chicago area). I also started off using a couple of wallets on my S3's and  S5's so I could see just which pools and/or miners were receiving shares. Now I have consolidated all miners to one node and one wallet. Still learning here but like what I see so far.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:56:28 AM

I am also thinking even if the Ant shows a "Best Share" large enough to get a share but you don't see it show up in your miners info on a pool, then most likely it was either a orphan or dead? I have only been mining on p2pool for less than a week and have tried a couple nodes near me (Chicago area). I also started off using a couple of wallets on my S3's and  S5's so I could see just which pools and/or miners were receiving shares. Now I have consolidated all miners to one node and one wallet. Still learning here but like what I see so far.

mate u WILL need plenty of patience, give it a week or so but it does pay off.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:32:16 AM

Actually its waste of time for miners submitting shares with less than actual difficulty. Is there anyway we can set the miners to work only with the minimum node difficulty? Also are there any chances share submitted with minimum node difficulty can be rejected or discarded?

Yes, with a combination of the / and + parms on your username, you can only submit shares > say 10,000,000.  However it'll seriously mess with your speed reports on p2pool, which really doesn't hurt anything except makes it hard to monitor your miners and make sure they are online.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 10:33:25 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 10:43:35 AM by aurel57

Where is it located?

Asia/Malaysia

you can get more details @ http://nodes.p2pool.co/

ok if it was near me I would have gave it a try

Yes, with a combination of the / and + parms on your username, you can only submit shares > say 10,000,000.  However it'll seriously mess with your speed reports on p2pool, which really doesn't hurt anything except makes it hard to monitor your miners and make sure they are online.

M

Does it help or is there any reason to do this?
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 11:35:30 AM

Indeed, patience is key with p2pool.

Although there is of course nothing wrong with mining on someone else's node, it's true that mining on your own local node is preferred for better performance & to help increase/strengthen the p2pool network. The problem is that many noobs to p2pool mining find that installing their own node is simply too daunting/complicated (not everyone is a coder & many people are not comfortable with command line). If p2pool is to grow & become more widely adopted, there should be an easier way to install it so that an absolute novice can be up & running within minutes.
I tried to address this issue over a year ago by suggesting there should be an open source graphical installer for both windoze & Linux, and I was even in conversation with a dev (Ahmed Bodi) who was willing to do one. Unfortunately, he got side tracked on other projects & nothing came of it. I'm no coder myself, far from it, but after talking with Ahmed, I'm sure that it wouldn't be too hard for someone with basic coding skills to do - maybe a bounty could be offered to get it done? I'm sure this would encourage more potential p2poolers to at least give it a try, thus helping p2pool become more mainstream as the Bitcoin ecosystem grows.
P2pool has the potential to be the defacto standard for mining, all that needs to be done is to encourage more users to adopt it - a simple installer would help achieve this.

And a complete re-write in C of course, as others have mentioned........ Cheesy

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:13:56 PM

back2back ! yeeehaaaaaa

M

But you still have to wait 101 confirms before you can spend them.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:46:42 PM

back2back ! yeeehaaaaaa

M

But you still have to wait 101 confirms before you can spend them.

Kano I understand that the long (8+hours) wait I see in my wallet on the coins is the same wait it took you and other pool operators to be able to payout to the miners. It all makes sence now.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:50:11 PM

Indeed, patience is key with p2pool.

Although there is of course nothing wrong with mining on someone else's node, it's true that mining on your own local node is preferred for better performance & to help increase/strengthen the p2pool network. The problem is that many noobs to p2pool mining find that installing their own node is simply too daunting/complicated (not everyone is a coder & many people are not comfortable with command line). If p2pool is to grow & become more widely adopted, there should be an easier way to install it so that an absolute novice can be up & running within minutes.
I tried to address this issue over a year ago by suggesting there should be an open source graphical installer for both windoze & Linux, and I was even in conversation with a dev (Ahmed Bodi) who was willing to do one. Unfortunately, he got side tracked on other projects & nothing came of it. I'm no coder myself, far from it, but after talking with Ahmed, I'm sure that it wouldn't be too hard for someone with basic coding skills to do - maybe a bounty could be offered to get it done? I'm sure this would encourage more potential p2poolers to at least give it a try, thus helping p2pool become more mainstream as the Bitcoin ecosystem grows.
P2pool has the potential to be the defacto standard for mining, all that needs to be done is to encourage more users to adopt it - a simple installer would help achieve this.

And a complete re-write in C of course, as others have mentioned........ Cheesy
You hit the nail on me about this. I would make my own node if it was within my knowledge but I know better than to try.  I would probley bring the whole pool down Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 [591] 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... 814 »
  Print  

Jump to: