Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 814 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool  (Read 2591624 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 12:28:21 PM

Edit: Additionally your explanation seems to indicate that the lower your local hash rate the larger the variance is likely to be as reported by P2Pool. I have ~12 GH/s local rate and am only seeing ~10 GH/s reflected in shares although local rate reported by P2Pool is in line with the ~12 GH/s rate.

I don't think this is variance. The pool is seeing the same hashrate as you are locally, which means it's getting all the shares you think it is. Are you including DOA and sharechain orphans in your figures?

For future reference, at 12 Ghps your 95% confidence intervals for daily average hashrate variations are about +/- 8% at  D400 and +/- 10% at D600.

You should see much less variance than many (smaller) miners. 10Ghps, or a 16% lower average daily hashrate, should occur 0.032% of the time at D600 and 0.0012% of the time at D400.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joemde

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 01:12:20 PM

Edit: Additionally your explanation seems to indicate that the lower your local hash rate the larger the variance is likely to be as reported by P2Pool. I have ~12 GH/s local rate and am only seeing ~10 GH/s reflected in shares although local rate reported by P2Pool is in line with the ~12 GH/s rate.

I don't think this is variance. The pool is seeing the same hashrate as you are locally, which means it's getting all the shares you think it is. Are you including DOA and sharechain orphans in your figures?

For future reference, at 12 Ghps your 95% confidence intervals for daily average hashrate variations are about +/- 8% at  D400 and +/- 10% at D600.

You should see much less variance than many (smaller) miners. 10Ghps, or a 16% lower average daily hashrate, should occur 0.032% of the time at D600 and 0.0012% of the time at D400.

I didn't think the returned share rate was correct as it has persisted for more than 48 hours. I just had a power supply fail so maybe that had something to do with it although I can't reason out exactly how if the rig WAS running and each card was accepting shares normally. But I will probably never know. Possibly with that rig and its cards out of service if my current returned rate doesn't go down there is a real likelyhood that it was the culprit.

Thanks for the responses ....
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 11:39:47 PM

Ooooh! I must have found the latest block. Cheesy I got my extra .25 + fees and such.  Cool
iongchun

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 08:51:04 AM

Ooooh! I must have found the latest block. Cheesy I got my extra .25 + fees and such.  Cool

If you do merged mining, check if you get the 50 + fees NMC too  Smiley

Bitcoin: 1NFMpJUW7sTKmnVKj12MxhPvCvzAKQ5gUV
Namecoin: N5Tnt3JyMeizsoAFAZDr7CSxjzDtPSisK8
Mining with P2Pool. Graph. Blocks.
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 04:20:19 PM

I keep forgetting to set up the merged mining.  Sad I was going to last time I was on P2pool, but decided to just switch pools for a bit, now I need to get that set up.

Anyone have a quick and easy guide to setting up the merged mining? Cheesy
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 07:41:37 PM

I keep forgetting to set up the merged mining.  Sad I was going to last time I was on P2pool, but decided to just switch pools for a bit, now I need to get that set up.

Just one phrase: RTFM
It is all described on wiki, there is also dedicated post about that.
Long story short: run all Xcoind -daemon then run_p2pool.py --merged ....

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:23:57 PM

I don't think it was necessary to be an asshole about it. I wasn't continually posting about it or begging anyone for help. Sometimes it's easier to ask the people who know what they're doing before I go looking for the information myself. Next time, just don't acknowledge my posts if you're going to be a douche.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 12:09:16 AM

I can't speak for linux, I'm a windows guy.

For windows, find the client and download it.

Run it as is so that it creates the configuration files and wallet and starts downloading blocks.

Then create your bitcoin.conf file in the appropriate data directory (C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Namecoin) with the appropriate settings.

At some point restart namecoind so that it picks up the new settings.

Change your firewall to forward the appropriate port to namecoin.

Wait a long time for it to download the chain.

Then restart p2pool with --merged pointed to your namecoin daemon with the appropriate credentials.

I find the namecoin gui to be most useful to keeping track of transactions.  With my 5 g/h, I've got two blocks in the last 2 weeks!

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 02:06:46 AM

I can't speak for linux, I'm a windows guy.

For windows, find the client and download it.

Run it as is so that it creates the configuration files and wallet and starts downloading blocks.

Then create your bitcoin.conf file in the appropriate data directory (C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Namecoin) with the appropriate settings.

At some point restart namecoind so that it picks up the new settings.

Change your firewall to forward the appropriate port to namecoin.

Wait a long time for it to download the chain.

Then restart p2pool with --merged pointed to your namecoin daemon with the appropriate credentials.

I find the namecoin gui to be most useful to keeping track of transactions.  With my 5 g/h, I've got two blocks in the last 2 weeks!

M

Thank you very much. I'll get it set up tonight if I have the time. Smiley I appreciate it.
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:17:43 AM

I don't think it was necessary to be an asshole about it. I wasn't continually posting about it or begging anyone for help. Sometimes it's easier to ask the people who know what they're doing before I go looking for the information myself. Next time, just don't acknowledge my posts if you're going to be a douche.
um... he wasn't being an asshole about it, he was perfectly neutral...

I'll be an asshole about it, tho.

<asshole>
None of us are getting paid to help you, but doing this for free, and a large number of us get fed up dealing with people who are too lazy and can't be bothered to put in even the most basic amount of effort to finding the information yourself, like you did.

People put together documentation, guides, wikis, even videos, in order to help out new people with information that they need, to do various things, and your unwillingness to put in even the most basic amount of effort, to read/view those things designed to answer your questions, choosing instead to ask again the same questions that have already been asked previously, even in this same thread, does not constitute an emergency on our part, or make your problem any more important or deserving of respect, that entitles you to any more of a personal effort on other people, than to point you to the guides that already exist, that answers your question.

Put in the effort to look for the information yourself, FIRST. Don't just wimp out and take the 'easy' route just cuz you're lazy. The documentation that comes with the program is the LEAST amount of effort you are obligated to put in. Scanning the thread you're going to post in, to see if it had been answered already, is also the least amount you are obligated to do.

Bring something to the table, show us you made some kind of minimal effort to resolve the issue first.

You want personal handholding, and someone to coddle your fragile feelings, go call a therapist.

Get over yourself...
</asshole>

-- Smoov
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:39:29 AM

um... he wasn't being an asshole about it, he was perfectly neutral...

I'll be an asshole about it, tho.

<asshole>
None of us are getting paid to help you, but doing this for free, and a large number of us get fed up dealing with people who are too lazy and can't be bothered to put in even the most basic amount of effort to finding the information yourself, like you did.

People put together documentation, guides, wikis, even videos, in order to help out new people with information that they need, to do various things, and your unwillingness to put in even the most basic amount of effort, to read/view those things designed to answer your questions, choosing instead to ask again the same questions that have already been asked previously, even in this same thread, does not constitute an emergency on our part, or make your problem any more important or deserving of respect, that entitles you to any more of a personal effort on other people, than to point you to the guides that already exist, that answers your question.

Put in the effort to look for the information yourself, FIRST. Don't just wimp out and take the 'easy' route just cuz you're lazy. The documentation that comes with the program is the LEAST amount of effort you are obligated to put in. Scanning the thread you're going to post in, to see if it had been answered already, is also the least amount you are obligated to do.

Bring something to the table, show us you made some kind of minimal effort to resolve the issue first.

You want personal handholding, and someone to coddle your fragile feelings, go call a therapist.

Get over yourself...
</asshole>

-- Smoov

I'm aware no one is getting paid. Did I hold a gun to your head and make you help me? Those who didn't want to help me unless they got paid, and those who just skimmed over what I wrote didn't help me. The people who don't care and just want to help someone who asked, posted. I got the information I needed and I don't think the thread needs to be cluttered with more shots at me. I guess you need to be payed for every favor you do, but I don't need a reward to help someone when they ask and simply write down the information that I already know. I know people put together wikis, just point me in the direction and you don't have to do a thing. If that's too much work, don't do anything. The two of you who decided to reply to me with bullshit probably used more energy than if you just posted a link for me. And I love how you call me lazy. Because you obviously know me so me. If you can't muster the energy to help someone, then you must be the lazy one.
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 06:28:55 AM

WTF? I just answered your question. If UR too lazy to read 2 pages then sorry, you will NEVER set up properly merged mining.
Use this link to find all you need to READ: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=p2pool+merged+mining

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:16:29 AM

WTF? I just answered your question. If UR too lazy to read 2 pages then sorry, you will NEVER set up properly merged mining.
Use this link to find all you need to READ: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=p2pool+merged+mining
Yeah but then he would have had to read all the lines of your post!
I think he wanted someone to help him make money and also do it for him ...

That's actually the thing that pisses me off sometimes
... yes I often help people in IRC #cgminer and don't expect them to give me BTC, but am always happy when they do Smiley

But seriously, the request is exactly:

Tell me how to make money, and do it for free and I don't want to read the documentation on how to do it, I'd prefer someone to just tell me to save me the time of reading.

When you look at it in that (correct) light - the asshole is not rav3n_pl .......

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:24:51 AM

When you look at it in that (correct) light - the asshole is not rav3n_pl .......
... but it is still Smoovious ...

Grin

-- Smoov
ChanceCoats123

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:11:42 PM

I guess I just don't get it. I come with 4 years of experience on a different forum (overclockers.com) where the people who have the knowledge of something will gladly share what they know when asked. If they see a thread that is a repost, or a comment that has been answered elsewhere, they just point you in the right direction and don't repeatedly ridicule the people who asked.

I just won't post in this thread anymore since I just get shit when I do. Have a good rest of your day, fellas.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:29:28 PM

All other forums deal with words, while this forum deals with money which you can CREATE freely.
Maybe that causing angry to answer others.
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 08:24:38 PM

We should have some intro video like this form XDA forum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA ;]

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 02:50:21 AM

I guess I just don't get it. I come with 4 years of experience on a different forum (overclockers.com) where the people who have the knowledge of something will gladly share what they know when asked. If they see a thread that is a repost, or a comment that has been answered elsewhere, they just point you in the right direction and don't repeatedly ridicule the people who asked.

I just won't post in this thread anymore since I just get shit when I do. Have a good rest of your day, fellas.
No, the problem is that what you are saying is:
"I don't want to have to read the documentation that people here have gone to the trouble of writing, just tell me the answer"

You do realise there is a reason why the acronym RTFM exists right?

You are at the top of the list of reasons.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
freshzive

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 04:37:12 AM

I know there was a discussion a while back that BFL gear would essentially *never* be compatible with p2pool, is that still the case?

As more and more pools implement fees, p2pool becomes more enticing for all of my rigs, but it seems BFL will never be possible as Butterflylabs won't get their asses in gear.

freshzive

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 04:39:16 AM

All other forums deal with words, while this forum deals with money which you can CREATE freely.
Maybe that causing angry to answer others.

Electricity and hardware are far from free.

Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 814 »
  Print  

Jump to: