Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:01:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 814 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1500 TH] p2pool: Decentralized, DoS-resistant, Hop-Proof pool  (Read 2591624 times)
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:50:30 AM

Where's the source for DGC-P2Pool? This seems like it should be impossible with vanilla P2Pool.

https://github.com/CartmanSPC/p2pool

Files modified:
p2pool/networks.py
p2pool/bitcoin/networks.py

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 06:50:28 AM

Have received this error twice now. This is on a DGC p2pool with 30 Mh/s. When the error occurs it stops all mining until the pool is restarted.

Based off of p2pool 13.3. 6 nodes with one having 98% of the hashrate. Any help would be appreciated.

Where's the source for DGC-P2Pool? This seems like it should be impossible with vanilla P2Pool.
You can also use my fork for altcoins: https://github.com/Rav3nPL/p2pool-rav

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
diskodasa

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:22:24 AM

I have a huge problem! Shocked I didn't recieve payments from last 2 found blocks!!! My miner is working constantly but the last payment is from 29.08.2013 after that nothing.... This is my BTC address 1HhnzLoam81FRcrjBJkGYVHoWduDwsqs6C

IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:00:55 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2013, 01:54:51 PM by IYFTech

Hey guys - looking for a bit of advice here. Just done a complete reinstall Xubuntu 12.04 after my SSD conked out. While doing so, I decided to move my wallet data to a separate SSD in an effort to reduce strain/latency/wear on the main system SSD. When I start my *coind's (merged mining) everything syncs up fine, but when I start the p2pool program it fails to load any shares, starts going straight to work & spits out py errors about still downloading shares. All my config files are exactly the same as before so I'm wondering if I need a different setting for p2pool because the data files are on a separate drive? I start my *coind's with the added command:

-datadir=/path/to/data  -  everything works there, is there something I need to add to the p2pool startup command as well?

This is the first time I've had my wallet data on a separate drive, and the first time I've had any problems with my configuration not working. All dependencies/packages are installed/checked/double checked. Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated  Wink

EDIT: I'm sure it's a basic, simple mistake I've made - I just can't see it....... Roll Eyes

EDIT1:  Or, am I the only person using a separate drive for their wallet data on p2pool.......and this is a bug?

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
twmz

Activity: 737

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:25:09 PM

I have a huge problem! Shocked I didn't recieve payments from last 2 found blocks!!! My miner is working constantly but the last payment is from 29.08.2013 after that nothing.... This is my BTC address 1HhnzLoam81FRcrjBJkGYVHoWduDwsqs6C

What's your hashrate?  Have you found any shares recently?

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
diskodasa

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:32:33 PM

In cgminer accepted shares are normal, and it works good, in p2pool.exe I have 0 shares and 0.0000 payout... Ihave just restarted PC and started all over again, but, with the same result....

IYFTech

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:39:31 PM

Hey guys - looking for a bit of advice here. Just done a complete reinstall Xubuntu 12.04 after my SSD conked out. While doing so, I decided to move my wallet data to a separate SSD in an effort to reduce strain/latency/wear on the main system SSD. When I start my *coind's (merged mining) everything syncs up fine, but when I start the p2pool program it fails to load any shares, starts going straight to work & spits out py errors about still downloading shares. All my config files are exactly the same as before so I'm wondering if I need a different setting for p2pool because the data files are on a separate drive? I start my *coind's with the added command:

-datadir=/path/to/data  -  everything works there, is there something I need to add to the p2pool startup command as well?

This is the first time I've had my wallet data on a separate drive, and the first time I've had any problems with my configuration not working. All dependencies/packages are installed/checked/double checked. Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated  Wink

EDIT: I'm sure it's a basic, simple mistake I've made - I just can't see it....... Roll Eyes

EDIT1:  Or, am I the only person using a separate drive for their wallet data on p2pool.......and this is a bug?

OK, nothing doing here - I'll ask around instead.......

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
twmz

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:35:17 AM

In cgminer accepted shares are normal, and it works good, in p2pool.exe I have 0 shares and 0.0000 payout... Ihave just restarted PC and started all over again, but, with the same result....

cgminer shares are not real p2pool shares.  They are psuedo shares to help you see that your miner is working.  All that matters for getting paid is finding real, p2pool shares (which are much higher difficulty).  You have found 0.  That means you don't get any payout in any blocks found.  You didn't answer the question about your hashrate, but if you look at the p2pool console output, it will also tell you the average amount of time to fine 1 share at your current hashrate.  My guess is that your hashrate is pretty low and that average time is very long. 

WoT, GPG

diskodasa

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:39:43 AM

cgminer shares are not real p2pool shares.  They are psuedo shares to help you see that your miner is working.  All that matters for getting paid is finding real, p2pool shares (which are much higher difficulty).  You have found 0.  That means you don't get any payout in any blocks found.  You didn't answer the question about your hashrate, but if you look at the p2pool console output, it will also tell you the average amount of time to fine 1 share at your current hashrate.  My guess is that your hashrate is pretty low and that average time is very long. 

My hashrate varies from 700-1600 MHs, according to p2pool. And average time to find share is from 7-20 hours. Anyway now it is all OK since I am getting paid. Thanks!

FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:48:59 PM

I have been having the same problem in the past month. Restarting everything sometimes fixes it.  This is what it shows now:

Code:
Node uptime: 0.788 days Peers: 6 out, 8 in
Local rate: 1.38GH/s (3.1% DOA) Expected time to share: 31.2 hours
Shares: 0 total (0 orphaned, 0 dead) Efficiency: ???
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:51:08 PM

No, you're not, though I was doing it on Windows.  It worked fine, the p2pool.exe shouldn't care where the data files are, it's just communicating with the *coind RPC interface(s).
ksenter

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:56:38 PM

Hey guys - looking for a bit of advice here. Just done a complete reinstall Xubuntu after my SSD conked out. While doing so, I decided to move my wallet data to a separate SSD in an effort to reduce strain/latency/wear on the main system SSD. When I start my *coind's (merged mining) everything syncs up fine, but when I start the p2pool program it fails to load any shares, starts going straight to work & spits out py errors about still downloading shares. All my config files are exactly the same as before so I'm wondering if I need a different setting for p2pool because the data files are on a separate drive? I start my *coind's with the added command:

I had a similar problem a long time ago in windows.  I just made a junction/symlink so when you browse to that folder on the C. Drive you're actually going to the other drive.  No idea if it's a bug or if I was doing something wrong I just wanted it back up as quick as possible and I was confident that'd work.  You can do the same thing in Linux I'm sure but I can't remember the command.
twmz

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:37:50 PM

I have been having the same problem in the past month. Restarting everything sometimes fixes it.  This is what it shows now:

Code:
Node uptime: 0.788 days Peers: 6 out, 8 in
Local rate: 1.38GH/s (3.1% DOA) Expected time to share: 31.2 hours
Shares: 0 total (0 orphaned, 0 dead) Efficiency: ???

It's not a "problem" in the sense that something is not working right.   Your hashrate is just low enough that you're finding shares very often.  There will be dry spells where you won't have found any shares and then every once in a while (on average every 31 hours), you'll find a share and get payments in the next couple blocks, etc.  Note, the 31 hour estimate is an *average*.  It is not uncommon to find shares more frequently than that or more infrequently.  In reality, you may commonly see the time between shares range from 8 hours to 5 days.

WoT, GPG

Ghost of USD

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:10:52 PM

Maybe you might have to also specify where your conf file is?
IYFTech

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:49:13 PM

OK, nothing doing here - I'll ask around instead.......

I sussed it. Not sure how, but I did. After reinstalling the OS twice, reformatting ssd's, aligning ssd's, reinstalling programs & dependences multiple times, re-indexing data and everything else I can't think of - and still getting nowhere - I changed the permissions on my mountpoint for the ssd. Bang. There it is. I don't know WTF caused this to happen, and I'm still not sure weather to laugh or cry, but it's all working as it was again  Grin

2 days - 2 bloody days!!  Shocked      Time for a spliff   Grin

ylame

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 12:27:46 AM

Has anyone able to use Erupter Blade with p2pool?

I have tried the following setup

p2pool -- Stratum Proxy -- BE Blade

But when I set it up in this way, blade does not receiver any work. It just sits ideal.

p2pool -- BE Blade

I get worker share hash > target error.
XFox

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:42:11 AM

Hi all,
I'm a newbie in the BTC/LTC world and I recently found the hard way that exchange and online wallets are not compatible with the type of payout transactions generated by a P2Pool pool (please correct me if I'm wrong or explain why if I'm right).
I am very surprised that such an important information it's not printed in bold in the official P2Pool wiki.
I cannot edit that page because it's protected but perhaps someone reading this thread has the powers to do so… Smiley

BTC: 1FdkrY4qT1MxARAJE3fX3HXBjWn2J54poa
LTC: LW9y3UiicfRPBZcniMrCrVhHnR2ygnWVe9
forrestv (OP)

Activity: 516
Merit: 643

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:52:11 AM

Hi all,
I'm a newbie in the BTC/LTC world and I recently found the hard way that exchange and online wallets are not compatible with the type of payout transactions generated by a P2Pool pool (please correct me if I'm wrong or explain why if I'm right).
I am very surprised that such an important information it's not printed in bold in the official P2Pool wiki.
I cannot edit that page because it's protected but perhaps someone reading this thread has the powers to do so… Smiley

The problem really lies with the exchange/web wallet, not P2Pool... and according to Eligius, only Instawallet is broken. However, a warning about which specific ones are broken could of course help people, so I'm not opposed to it. Know of any that are broken besides "ltcinstawallet.com"?

1J1zegkNSbwX4smvTdoHSanUfwvXFeuV23
XFox

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:06:44 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 03:26:55 AM by XFox

The problem really lies with the exchange/web wallet, not P2Pool... and according to Eligius, only Instawallet is broken.

So it's not a problem of P2Pool pools only, I didn't realize it.

However, a warning about which specific ones are broken could of course help people, so I'm not opposed to it. Know of any that are broken besides "ltcinstawallet.com"?

No, I'm sorry, but I can test any LTC online wallet you like.
Instawallet seems down at the moment.

EDIT: I could test any BTC online or exchange wallet, too, but with only a 5 Mh/s GPU I don't think it's a good idea. Embarrassed

BTC: 1FdkrY4qT1MxARAJE3fX3HXBjWn2J54poa
LTC: LW9y3UiicfRPBZcniMrCrVhHnR2ygnWVe9
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:41:59 AM

I sussed it. Not sure how, but I did. After reinstalling the OS twice, reformatting ssd's, aligning ssd's, reinstalling programs & dependences multiple times, re-indexing data and everything else I can't think of - and still getting nowhere - I changed the permissions on my mountpoint for the ssd. Bang. There it is. I don't know WTF caused this to happen, and I'm still not sure weather to laugh or cry, but it's all working as it was again  Grin

2 days - 2 bloody days!!  Shocked      Time for a spliff   Grin

Good skills. Smiley  I got p2pool running in a VM on Linux (Ubuntu 13.04 Server).  It took just over 28 hours for bitcoind to download the blockchain.  Shocked  Only to discover the machine I'm running the VM on is too damned slow to run p2pool properly. 

So, at least it's now a VHDX that I can just bung on a faster machine running Hyper-V...
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 814 »
  Print  

Jump to: