Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:51:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we bring back the masternode feature to Solaris?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 💥SOLARIS PLATFORM [XLR] 💥Swapping to FinaToken  (Read 308779 times)
Attractor

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 07:55:24 AM

Seems that masternode client's memory consumption slowly grows with the blockchain size.
Are there plans to reduce it?
Maybe some code improvements
I mean I ordered rather cheap vps with 1 G memory.
Half a year ago it was more than enough but not now.
Should MN hold all blockchain in the memory or there is other reason?
Just curious Smiley

easy solution for  this .

https://solaris.helpsite.com/articles/33846-how-to-add-a-swap-file-recommended-if-vps-has-only-1gb-of-ram
Thank you, but on vps I get:
~$ sudo swapon /swapfile
swapon: /swapfile: swapon failed: Operation not permitted

Possibly swapping is forbidden on the vps.
Hope new platform will allow to reduce memory consumption)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SolarisDev (OP)

Activity: 687
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2019, 06:36:49 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2019, 07:09:26 AM by SolarisDev

Dear Solarians,

It has been sometime since we posted any updates on Solaris as the core team were mostly busy with Txbit Exchange development, progressing it’s features and functionality.

As most of you are aware from the current Roadmap found on the Solariscoin.com website, a major codebase update was planned for Q3 of this year. After Pivx team discovered a potential exploit in the Zerocoin library, the Solaris team used a spork to de-activate the Zerocoin protocol on the XLR blockchain to prevent any exploits from happening. As such we also started working on a codebase update in hopes to get it released sooner than expected while fixing all the issues with the old codebase.

Unfortunately just as we were getting through the updating process, another, much more serious exploit, was disclosed by the Zcoin team. This exploit stems from the Zerocoin library and is much harder to fix, infact no project using the Zerocoin protocol has found a fix at the time of writing this article.

This got us thinking. Why should we stick with the Pivx codebase? Sure, at the core level it is based on BTC, and it’s a reliable cryptocurrency because of that. But, due to the nature of it using C++ coding language, it’s somewhat difficult to develop on and not an easy task to add new features. As such it would make more sense to move to a codebase that we as developers are a lot more familiar with. Our native language is C#/.NET, and we can develop a hell of a lot better on it than C++.

So, what will we do next?
We certainly don’t have the time or manpower to develop a brand new codebase, but we have narrowed down on what we feel is one of the best developed and easily accessible codebases that we would like to base the Solaris 3.0 blockchain on.

Stratis (STRAT) is a fantastic blockchain platform, with the core technology and consensus based on Bitcoin, but re-written in C#. It easily allows to develop new solutions and services using the .NET platform, giving a lot more flexibility to future developments with native Smart Contracts in C#, sidechain technology and other beneficial opportunities that are not possible on the Pivx codebase.

One of the first things we believe we will be able to do is implement direct Txbit trading into the core Solaris wallet, allowing users to quickly exchange XLR with other pairings on Txbit. Of course this plan is only in its infancy and a lot more work is required to flesh it out, but it’s certainly a possibility which is not available if we continue on the current codebase.

Stratis is also a natively Proof-of-Stake consensus cryptocurrency, which aligns nicely with the current XLR state. While Stratis does not have native chain Masternodes, they are available for the Stratis side chains. We will port over the Masternodes to the mainchain and make it a much simpler process than is currently required to set-up the Masternode. We will make sure to implement Masternodes for the release of the new mainnet.

Some of you probably have the questions whether the Solaris Reward Program will get affected by this change. We are happy to say that there is no change regarding this, Txbit will still share the 50% of Net Transaction Fees with Solaris holders.

What are the Positives?
As already briefly described above, we see many positives such a move to a Stratis codebase will bring. First of all we will be able to develop new features and functionality, both on blockchain level and the services around it such as the GUI wallet due to it being natively C# and .NET platform.

It also opens up a new pool of possible developers, whether it’s community involvement or the core team expanding, as C# language and .NET platform are very popular and largely under-used in the blockchain sphere. Developers who are already familiar with these languages don’t have to go and learn C++ which is largely obsolete in the corporate world on IT. This allows for many more opportunities to bring new and exciting features to Solaris in the future.

This change will also allow us to re-invigorate the community, as updates will be more often and with bigger possibilities on the new codebase. We will also propose, and have a discussion with a vote, to instate a small dev fund to once again fire up various bounties, from marketing related to external development, that made Solaris so visible previously.

What are the Negatives?
As always there are some negative outcomes that we need to consider when discussing this decision with the Solaris community.

First and foremost a change like this will require a swap from the current Pivx based XLR coins to the new blockchain. Swaps are tedious, with many people usually not checking the progress of the coins they hold and missing out on the swap period. As such we will ensure that the swap period is sufficiently long, 6 months or more, to ensure all active XLR will be swapped over to the new chain.

Secondly, a change to a new codebase like this will mean some exchanges that we are already on will either delist us, or request a new listing payment to ensure the new wallet is installed and coins swapped over. Of course this is not the case with Txbit, as it will support and swap over coins on the exchange.

Of course such a change will also mean the new wallet will not be released until at least late Q2, or Q3 of this year. There is a fair amount of work involved to ensure a smooth transition to the new chain, and we want to ensure there is as little disruption as possible to any existing services. This means extensive testing of the new codebase, changes to the website and all the documentation/guides have to be redone. Txbit has to be ready for the change as well, including the Solaris Reward Program. In short, it will be a lot of work, but we feel it’s positive change for the future of Solaris.

With this in mind, what do we do?
We stated our case. At the end of the day this is a decentralized project and the decision is up to the holders of XLR. First and foremost, we want to discuss this decision with you. Come join us on Telegram or Discord (links below) and voice your opinion. If there is a community support for this plan, we will hold a governance vote with the Masternode holders, and possibly some other means to ensure most of the community is able to join in the decision making if we should go forward with this proposal.

Join The Solaris Community:
Website — https://solariscoin.com

Twitter — https://twitter.com/SolarisCoin

Telegram — https://t.me/solariscoin

Discord — https://discord.gg/wMcqapP

Reddit — https://www.reddit.com/r/solarisxlr/

Facebook — https://facebook.com/solariscoin/

Offical ANN — https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1831629.0

Do you support the Solaris 3.0 proposal?

Thank you for supporting Solaris !

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀███▄
▄██▀███████▄██▄████▀██▄
▄██▀█████████████▄█▀▀██▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄████████████▄
██▌▄███▀▀████▀▀█████▀▀█▄██▐██
████████████████▀██▌▀██▀██▐██
█████████████████▐████████▐██
███▌████████████████▌████████
████████████████▐██████████
███▄██████████▄██▀███▄███
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Next Generation
Proof-of-Stake Platform

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Twitter  Telegram  Discord  ANN

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

.EXPLORE.
.DISCOVER.
.EXCHANGE.
Crypto Exchange
Built by Solaris Team

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Twitter  Telegram  Facebook
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 17, 2019, 10:46:42 PM

Do you support the Solaris 3.0 proposal?

Thank you for supporting Solaris !

Yes, most definitely.

Will there be a poll implemented for voting for it on this thread?
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 08:23:15 PM

Seems that masternode client's memory consumption slowly grows with the blockchain size.
Just curious Smiley

https://solaris.helpsite.com/articles/33846-how-to-add-a-swap-file-recommended-if-vps-has-only-1gb-of-ram
~$ sudo swapon /swapfile

Do you have a small single board computer like Raspberry Pi or Orange Pi2+ or any other variant? Then you can use CLI interface of Solaris wallet over a CLI Linux OS with no memory problem at all.
I've been doing this for quite some time now and it's been two months of continuous POS mining without any issues and rock solid stability.
If you usually go for POS coins and it's respective mining then the above hardware might be a good investment as it will cost in a range of $20-$30.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 10:23:37 PM

I'm just wondering if there is anyway we can track the voting process for the Solaris 3.0 proposal? I'm a assuming that most of the community will vote for yes for the change as it makes more sense to change code base as the dev can work more on developments. If anyone knows the current results, please share them, thank you.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Attractor

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 20, 2019, 11:38:09 PM

Just curious Smiley

~$ sudo swapon /swapfile

Do you have a small single board computer like Raspberry Pi or Orange Pi2+ or any other variant? Then you can use CLI interface of Solaris wallet over a CLI Linux OS with no memory problem at all.
I've been doing this for quite some time now and it's been two months of continuous POS mining without any issues and rock solid stability.
If you usually go for POS coins and it's respective mining then the above hardware might be a good investment as it will cost in a range of $20-$30.
Good idea!
But it will require static IP at home and have it always on.
I'll think about it.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2282
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2019, 12:30:31 PM

I'm just wondering if there is anyway we can track the voting process for the Solaris 3.0 proposal? I'm a assuming that most of the community will vote for yes for the change as it makes more sense to change code base as the dev can work more on developments. If anyone knows the current results, please share them, thank you.
I think the Solaris team will update the Solaris 3.0 proposal vote on weekly basis, like they did with developmental reports weekly for txbit.io exchange months ago. For serious things, Solaris thing usually update regularly to keep the community being updated with newest progresses. I hope that Solaris 3.0 proposal will be successful voted and a new milestone of Solaris project (and txbit.io) will be started with it. Winter went away, so if Solaris team can take advantage of the crypto bull run, the coin can grown up dramatically from its current price.
viscolex

Activity: 205
Merit: 42

Txbit.io Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 08:51:55 AM

Hi Vella, we haven't yet started the official vote for the change, but we will very soon. We are thinking of running the vote across all possible mediums that our community is involved in, and then aggregating the votes together.

So:

• Masternodes will vote using the Solaris wallet
  • A poll here on bitcointalk thread
  • A poll on the Telegram channel
  • A poll on the Discord

vella85

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 09:52:46 PM

Hi Vella, we haven't yet started the official vote for the change, but we will very soon. We are thinking of running the vote across all possible mediums that our community is involved in, and then aggregating the votes together.

So:

• A poll on the Discord

Thanks mate, I thought it started as I saw a poll on Twitter a couple weeks ago. That's good that the team will be having polls on most social media sites as it gives everyone a chance to vote including people staking. Will there be a poll on Twitter as well? Solaris has a big following on there so I think Twitter is a must.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
viscolex

Txbit.io Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 10:03:06 PM

So:

• A poll on the Discord

Thanks mate, I thought it started as I saw a poll on Twitter a couple weeks ago. That's good that the team will be having polls on most social media sites as it gives everyone a chance to vote including people staking. Will there be a poll on Twitter as well? Solaris has a big following on there so I think Twitter is a must.

There was a Twitter poll indeed, and while not exactly "Official" decision maker poll, it had over 85% support!

viscolex

Txbit.io Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 10:05:53 PM
Merited by Aureliusy (27)

Dear Solarians,

As most of you have already aware, we are proposing to move Solaris to a a Stratis based codebase based on C#, allowing us to build up far more advanced features onto the new Solaris blockchain and modernizing the wallets to enable features such as in-wallet trading on txbit, a privacy based protocol using TumbleBit (a coin mixer) and other features. The new codebase also allows for far more advanced capabilities in terms of Smart Contracting, Sidechains and generally much faster development than on the previous codebase.

To read the proposal please go here: https://bit.ly/2M6bR0I

We have already started some preliminary work in a private repository with the new codebase, and we are pleased to report that everything is going much better and faster than expected. Kees De Wit, our lead developer, had some amazing words to say about the Stratis codebase which was quickly picked up by their community as seen here: https://twitter.com/Khil0ne/status/1131221165299703814

XLR Masternode Owner Vote

Generally we saw outstanding support for this proposal during our community discussions, but this being a decentralized project at the core means a real vote using the current codebase is the best way to confirm it with the holders of XLR, specifically the Masternode owners.

We have set-up a Governance proposal through the Solaris wallet, and we can all Masternode holders to take a few minutes to make their decision and vote on this proposal.

The process to vote is simple:

1. Open your Solaris-Qt wallet from which the Masternodes are running.

2. Open the console by going to Tools > Debug Console

3. Copy and Paste the command below based on your YES or NO vote, and press Enter (This will cast a votes for multiple Masternodes if you run them):

YES VOTE:
mnbudget vote-many fb97dba89922b213069bce8b488972e25566b849422135181df54eb1c5ed2968 yes

NO VOTE:
mnbudget vote-many fb97dba89922b213069bce8b488972e25566b849422135181df54eb1c5ed2968 no

To check the current vote results you can type this command into the Debug Console:

mnbudget getinfo solaris3.0

Thank you for all the support!

vesper188

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:54:17 AM

Guys how much coin for masternode ? Is this worth to invest ?
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 11:44:36 AM

Guys how much coin for masternode ? Is this worth to invest ?

1000 XLR

xxTraderrMasxx

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:20:31 PM

Hello People, let's vote for "Solaris(XLR)" in TOP MASTERNODES
Our coin: "№15 Solaris(XLR)" https://l2rx.com/index.php?limit=50&sort=0&page=1#XLR
vella85

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 10:01:11 PM

It looks like the new code base is working nicely with the Solaris team as the new look wallet looks amazing compared to the one we have now. Also its good to see the community back the proposal of the switch to the Strat code base as it will only benefit us even more in the long term.

viscolex

Txbit.io Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 09:09:04 PM

We made a statement regarding KuCoin's delisting and all the malpractices we encountered with them.

https://medium.com/@solarisXLR/kucoin-delisting-solaris-xlr-after-a-long-history-of-shady-exchange-behavior-malpractice-da48e918765c

vella85

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 09:48:23 PM

Looks like this Kucoin delisting is hurting the price but as what they have done to Solaris I think its the best thing for Solaris moving forward. It will be short term pain for long term gain as it was expected to have an effect on the price. True supporters of Solaris will hold for the long term as the team are heading in the right direction with the delisting on Kucoin and switching to the Strat code base. I'm excited to see what the future brings for this project.

ogtk

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 03, 2019, 10:00:39 AM

Looks like this Kucoin delisting is hurting the price but as what they have done to Solaris I think its the best thing for Solaris moving forward. It will be short term pain for long term gain as it was expected to have an effect on the price. True supporters of Solaris will hold for the long term as the team are heading in the right direction with the delisting on Kucoin and switching to the Strat code base. I'm excited to see what the future brings for this project.
I have a very small suggestion for Solaris and txbit teams. How about idea to add a new statistics on total volume traded on txbit.io each day? Such basic figure is important to give newcomers or potential traders a very good overview on txbit.io exchange. Of course, we all can fastly estimate total volume of the exchange last 24 hours by making draw sum of highest volumed coins. However, things will become more complicated and hardly to do when most of coins increased in volume. Therefore, in my opinion, it is good if the teams can add such figure on the site, asap.

you can find it on the mainpage

STATISTICS
24H Volume
1.471546 BTC
24H Volume (USD)
≈ $ 12,514.98
Registered users
Asset count
Market count
Server time
Jun 3rd, 11:59:19

vella85

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2019, 10:10:16 PM

I'm looking forward to the switch that will be coming as this will open up many doors for Solaris and hopefully start to bring the price back up where it belongs as we have been at these low prices for many months now. I just like to see the price remain stable for a few months and then starting to move up slowly. It will be interesting times ahead for this project, I do think we have the right team that will bring Solaris back up the rankings in the future.

viscolex

Txbit.io Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 12:30:02 AM
Merited by tbct_mt2 (1)

I have a very small suggestion for Solaris and txbit teams. How about idea to add a new statistics on total volume traded on txbit.io each day? Such basic figure is important to give newcomers or potential traders a very good overview on txbit.io exchange. Of course, we all can fastly estimate total volume of the exchange last 24 hours by making draw sum of highest volumed coins. However, things will become more complicated and hardly to do when most of coins increased in volume. Therefore, in my opinion, it is good if the teams can add such figure on the site, asap.

As otgk already stated, this has been available on the mainpage since nearly the launch of the exchange. Just scroll down below the Markets section.

Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: