Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:48:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you explain the Hard Fork on BTC?  (Read 6481 times)
shadabahmed

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:01:28 PM

ok if i have btc on xchanges than what happen to my coins after hardfork?

Is better to have it on your own wallet . I think is ok to have it on exchanges since you will have a valid Adress you recived the btc. But why risk it?

ok can i keep them in electrum wallet?

Am I spamming? Report me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cybermods

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Jack of all trades, master of none.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 06:34:42 PM

Personally i am sick and tired of this whole thing and the mess its creating. Anything other then the original bitcoin is nothing more then scam-coins and i wish it would all just f off. BTC

Keep calm and carry on mining.
ulfsaar

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:19:01 AM

I think there is issue because of greed of some Chinese guy. They want all of it for themselves. They chinese guys do not understand that what they want will bring harm to bitcoin itself to lose its primary purpose of being for everyone and decentralize and therefor price will go down. They think its either all mine or nothing at all. All arrogance and pure stupidity of these chinese.

With all the hashpower they have they think they can influence and manipulate everyone to their greed. Its all about greed and its in their blood.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:21:43 AM

There is no network split right now (different than a "hard fork" per se).

If and when there is, the safest thing to do is keep your coins in your own
wallet before that happens.  You will then own both versions of Bitcoin
and you can either keep both and play it safe, or speculate.

This doesn't effect the number of coins in circulation except that there
will be double as many (one for each coin/currency).

And please do not blame "Chinese" as that is meaningless.
If you want to blame someone, blame the leadership (whatever that means to you) for failing to
create consensus on how to scale Bitcoin.

ulfsaar

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 02:56:00 AM

If you want to blame someone, blame the leadership (whatever that means to you) for failing to

The problem is those guys think they can always get what they want and even to threaten of orphaning if the fork happen. How can you stop me from putting label when it is clearly that greed drives all these and chinese are full of it. Its in the way are raise. I live there almost half my life.
indiangrad

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:03:11 AM

We can't speak for all exchanges in one statement, ask your particular exchange..
A crappy exchange may just keep your BU coins for themselves and a good exchange will set up a new currency BTU and give you both your BTC and BTU..

I can't know what every exchange and online web wallet will do with your coins, ask them specifically..

blockchain.info - What do you think this will do?

bitcoinvest (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:09:28 PM

I started this topic with the thought in my mind that i am a newbie for one minute and i don't know anything, asking from the members here to explain me.
After many replies i understand that people that are in this section do exactly this: speculate about bitcoin and the future thinking only the money and what they can possible get. this double dream isn't going to happen in my opinion.

I have to say after long time on this forum and in the bitcoin world in general. i choose not to hear anything from this @@ about hard forking...

It's just not what Bitcoin is to have movements like ETH and some other Alts...

I choose to keep my miners on bitminter and to buy some more miners on the next weeks and put the work right away. my wallet was and will be from Bitcoin Core ( always updated )

This thing is a propaganda in my opinion and WE are in position to stop all this @@...
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:32:18 PM

The problem is those guys think they can always get what they want and even to threaten of orphaning if the fork happen. How can you stop me from putting label when it is clearly that greed drives all these and chinese are full of it. Its in the way are raise. I live there almost half my life.

No, i know what you mean -- Chinese culture (especially street merchants) is a bit greedy , or at least has that reputation.  I hope i'm not sounding racist... just that I know what you mean.

Alls I'm saying is you can't blame the miners for mining -- that's what they are supposed to do.

Bitcoin can't scale because much of the community (including me) wants on chain scaling with bigger blocks before we do other things and Core roadmap is quite different. 

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 09:50:46 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2017, 10:03:22 PM by Majormax

We can't speak for all exchanges in one statement, ask your particular exchange..
A crappy exchange may just keep your BU coins for themselves and a good exchange will set up a new currency BTU and give you both your BTC and BTU..

I can't know what every exchange and online web wallet will do with your coins, ask them specifically..

blockchain.info - What do you think this will do?

SUMMARY:

The current blockchain is approaching limits which can throttle the speed of transactions, and the reason for the fork is to make Bitcoin more scaleable.  If the whole community agreed to this, then the new fork would continue the chain, and there would not be two chains. However many people are not in favour of the disruption which they believe will be caused, and therefore would want to continue the old code, creating two separate chains.

If you keep say, 100 BTC in your own wallet, the private key will be valid on both chains, for 100 coins each. For an exchange, each will decide if, and how they list the separate chains.

blockchain.info will probably show stats for both chains. Those stats will be identical at the moment of fork, but will diverge over time.

Care would need to be taken in transactions, as there would be a possibility of duplication, and an exploit of that (termed 'replay attack').

How this moves forward is dependant on how much support  there is within the whole BTC community.

All this still provisional and under discussion of course.
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 04:00:33 PM

So what does the speculation say about time table. where are we now and how many days left? Factors involved?
bitcoinvest (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:28:42 PM

So what does the speculation say about time table. where are we now and how many days left? Factors involved?

Indeed a really good question, wish i could give an answer on that... i hope someone can help us out on this. the fact that the price is going down is a signal that many people cash out in my opinion and this will bring more and more to do the same - panic sellers etc..
some days before i denied to think that is really something to speak about but the people around i see made this something HOT... i like BTC how it is and i don't want any change but in life when we make plans the God is laughing sometimes Smiley
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:53:58 AM

Indeed a really good question, wish i could give an answer on that... i hope someone can help us out on this. the fact that the price is going down is a signal that many people cash out in my opinion and this will bring more and more to do the same - panic sellers etc..
some days before i denied to think that is really something to speak about but the people around i see made this something HOT... i like BTC how it is and i don't want any change but in life when we make plans the God is laughing sometimes Smiley

Speculation sees the threat of change as a potential someday event and have reacted accordingly by reducing their (portfolio) allocations to bitcoin.

Yes, you should like how bitcoin is today, because it is the most amazing, only, real store-of-value investment vehicle in recent years. Bitcoin will do a better job than most every other option you have in present day in fighting against rising cost of rent, healthcare, education, etc.

For anyone new or simply wanting to expand a bit more about bitcoin, I try to touch on a few of these points (and others) on post titled
"Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1834310.0

joeyjojoshb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:25:01 AM

I am searching for an explanation as well.  If the other chain would survive it would be limited and cause major issues with coin double spend and others.  Would the new chain be totally fixed and better than the old one?  I think the older version of the chain would never survive.  Also there would be a huge loss in value as like with the previous fork.
bitcoinvest (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:43:33 PM

by the time i created this post is was a very hot subject and i could not understand real what was going on or was going to happen...
but as you can check here http://nodecounter.com/  we do not need to worry for something..
joeyjojoshb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:39:42 AM

Will check it thank you.  So there is no need to worry, the small chain would die?  The devs keep making new versions so no one has split. 
nuela

Activity: 145

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:06:26 AM

I can only ask how much the price of each, whether it makes good or not. I just have not menemukang link that explains this, why confuse to read. Ethereum and ethereum classic, zec and zcl just explain about this only.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: