Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:12:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which cryptocurrency is the fastest?  (Read 15761 times)
dandyone

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:10:40 PM

As Bitcoin becomes slower each day in transaction confirmation time, other alternatives could prove to become useful for everyday transactions. Cryptocurrencies like Litecoin, Dogecoin, and even Ethereum have faster transaction confirmation time allowing you to send and receive coins at a hassle-free way.

Thus, among the wide variety of altcoins, many have block times which are near instantaneous. Based on these facts, which cryptocurrencies do you consider the fastest?

I would appreciate if you would list it or them here.  Smiley

Dash has InstantSend, which is about 2 seconds and gives you 4 confirmations on a transaction.
It also has that transaction locked to prevent double-spending.

Why do you lock a transaction? Does the chain accept two of the same signatures? Stupid design.

InstantSend is realized off chain and then committed to the chain in the next block.
It's actually similar to what Lightning network should do on Bitcoin blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:13:24 PM

Fastest crypto is Creditbit. But its still a crypto with a small marketcap and they still have shit wallets etc. They need better development but its the fastest
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:18:54 PM

https://bitshares.openledger.info/explorer/blocks
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 11:44:01 AM

Bitcoin's Lighting Network will be the fastest.
Maybe Ethereum's Raiden Network aswell.

Yes. These solutions will greatly enhance transaction capacity to the aforementioned cryptocurrencies, making them faster than ever. Still, the Lightning Network would require a scalable solution to become widely accepted first (like SegWit), to become into effect and increase confirmation speeds for Bitcoin. I'm not sure if Ethereum's Raiden network is the same, but up until now, there are better cryptocurrencies out there with faster (and almost instant) transactions between users.

I believe that until Bitcoin gets either proposed solutions approved, other alternative cryptocurrencies might take the advantage by delivering blazing fast speeds when it comes to transacting, making them the ideal choice for everyday transactions and micropayments. Just my thoughts.

By the way, I'm mostly looking for instant cryptocurrencies (like Dash). If anyone knows of any other altcoin that assimilates Dash's instant transaction speeds, feel free to share it here.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 09:16:35 AM

Fastest crypto is Creditbit. But its still a crypto with a small marketcap and they still have shit wallets etc. They need better development but its the fastest
yes I agree with you. Creditbit is one of the faster growing digital currencies in the cryptocurrency segment. The rapid adoption and development has positioned Creditbit as the ‘Future of Money’.
dissident

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:25:58 AM

NEM is the fastest where it actually runs at those speeds, but it's  part of Mijin/Catapult and still in the testing phase yet and has not been implemented into the NEM chain.   There's more to a coin than simply speed, it also has to have security, and good wallets that are easy to use, among other things. 

After looking at creditbit, it's pretty barebones and I can't really invest in something that was in Established in December, 2105....
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 12:28:09 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2017, 12:53:45 AM by okiefromokc

Well, is 220milli-seconds fast enough for a confirmed transaction?
Radix does this, and its Open Beta and ICO will be scheduled in the next month or so.

The speed above was on a testnet spread out from Lithuanian to San Francisco and Vancouver Canada and South Africa, also South America.
And of course UK and Europe where Fuserleer lives. Also, these speeds are confirmed by a youtube video that was taken.

okie
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:57:35 PM

NEM is the fastest where it actually runs at those speeds, but it's  part of Mijin/Catapult and still in the testing phase yet and has not been implemented into the NEM chain.   There's more to a coin than simply speed, it also has to have security, and good wallets that are easy to use, among other things. 

After looking at creditbit, it's pretty barebones and I can't really invest in something that was in Established in December, 2105....

I've heard a lot about NEM and its proposed solutions towards making it faster and capable of handling high transaction load. Once Mijin becomes implemented into the NEM chain, transactions would become a lot faster than nowadays, giving it a higher advantage than other altcoins.

This one would be good to invest into for the long term, as prices could skyrocket once the testing phase for Mijin is over.

On the other hand, CreditBit is a great cryptocurrency too and running as an ETH token would make it more robust and faster than ever. But still, I believe that NEM has better development and innovation. Just my opinion.  Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:12:10 PM

Fastcoin is the fastest of course
and they did it over 4 years ago

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218852.0

https://www.fastcoin.ca/

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
renes

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:47:04 PM

May be digibyte, I tried to do some transactions. It is incredibly fast.
TheAwkwardBrit

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:07:36 PM

Ark is the fastest that I have used to far, it has a 6 second block time. Decred are upgrading to Lightning network soon so that will also be one of the fastest.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:50:31 PM

May be digibyte, I tried to do some transactions. It is incredibly fast.

Correct. DigiByte is extremely fast, which makes it very ideal for micropayments and mainstream transactions. Their latest SegWit implementation and block size increase over the years, will make this coin the perfect one to handle payments of any kind with no stress unlike Bitcoin.

It is one of my favorite cryptocurrencies, although I'm still comparing different altcoins to see which one is the fastest.

Ark is the fastest that I have used to far, it has a 6 second block time. Decred are upgrading to Lightning network soon so that will also be one of the fastest.

Decred has been one of the most truly democratic cryptocurrencies out there, in my own opinion. While Bitcoin has been struggling to reach consensus for SegWit adoption, Decred is one step ahead of it by providing true governance which would make decisions to improve the network a much faster and efficient one.

Right now, it is fast in handling transactions but with the upgrade to the Lightning Network, it would become blazingly fast at near instant speeds.

As for Ark, it is also one of the fastest cryptocurrencies out there with a huge potential. It's roadmap looks promising and may change the cryptocurrency ecosystem for the better. Just my thoughts. Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
deddod

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:46:28 PM

As Bitcoin becomes slower each day in transaction confirmation time, other alternatives could prove to become useful for everyday transactions. Cryptocurrencies like Litecoin, Dogecoin, and even Ethereum have faster transaction confirmation time allowing you to send and receive coins at a hassle-free way.

Thus, among the wide variety of altcoins, many have block times which are near instantaneous. Based on these facts, which cryptocurrencies do you consider the fastest?

I would appreciate if you would list it or them here.  Smiley
When urged I used to use Dogecoin to make fast transactions.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:50:39 PM

Well, Dogecoin is one of the fastest cryptocurrencies in the market making it extremely convenient for quick payments and micro transactions.

However, there are some altcoins which are a lot faster than Dogecoin delivering near instant speeds for hassle-free payments around the world. There are 3 coins which are fast and are among my favorite altcoin list. Those are Fastcoin, Ark, and Worldcoin. With them, you would be able to make payments without having to worry about slow confirmation times unlike Bitcoin.

While the DOGE is a well established altcoin, and serves its purpose well for tipping and micropayments, it lacks development and innovation, making it stand behind other altcoins which have better features and promising technology.

I'm hoping that someday in the future, a new altcoin would come around with zero block time, having instant speeds for transaction confirmation. Just my thoughts. Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:58:08 PM

Well, Dogecoin is one of the fastest cryptocurrencies in the market making it extremely convenient for quick payments and micro transactions.

However, there are some altcoins which are a lot faster than Dogecoin delivering near instant speeds for hassle-free payments around the world. There are 3 coins which are fast and are among my favorite altcoin list. Those are Fastcoin, Ark, and Worldcoin. With them, you would be able to make payments without having to worry about slow confirmation times unlike Bitcoin.

While the DOGE is a well established altcoin, and serves its purpose well for tipping and micropayments, it lacks development and innovation, making it stand behind other altcoins which have better features and promising technology.

I'm hoping that someday in the future, a new altcoin would come around with zero block time, having instant speeds for transaction confirmation. Just my thoughts. Grin

I also did try to used DogeCoin it was fast extremely fast indeed. And I was quite surprise by it. I hope that bitcoin can imitate that speed as well. Grin. But yeah if there is a development around this coin it will surely rival btc and ETH now.
danipay

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:46:18 PM

I agree . The same as me, I often use dogecoin for each of my transactions the reason is not only a fast transaction but a cheap fee as well
etter

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:39:34 PM

I heard that BitBean is pretty fast. Never tried though, don't own it, seems a tiny bit silly to me Smiley Dogecoin was pretty silly at the start too, with that meme. And what do you mean by using Doge for your transactions? You move BTC to it, then send, and then back to BTC, for instance? Quite new to this world, just trying to understand.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:52:43 PM

I agree . The same as me, I often use dogecoin for each of my transactions the reason is not only a fast transaction but a cheap fee as well
as for personal used i guess i can say doge is really fast and do have a much lower fee, i use it when I'm doing some arbs between exchange as i send doge instead of btc then exchange it up to buy the alts that i'm aiming to take advantage it works for me and chances to make some good profits happen hopefully all or most of the project will act the same with doge.
Cord

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:54:56 PM

We need a coin that can predict before you even send Smiley

john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:37:00 PM

as for personal used i guess i can say doge is really fast and do have a much lower fee, i use it when I'm doing some arbs between exchange as i send doge instead of btc then exchange it up to buy the alts that i'm aiming to take advantage it works for me and chances to make some good profits happen hopefully all or most of the project will act the same with doge.
Never tried that but i have lots of doge coin in some exchange site the good part its pretty cheap fee for every transaction..
Still hoping that we can see that dogecoin can be more develop and increase value .since its one of the oldest altcoin that still the alive for a long time. for now the movement of the price is really stable but theres a little bit increase the value but still in cheap price..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: