Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:29:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble With Ledger Nano S & Electrum  (Read 1302 times)
B RAD LEE (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:26:58 AM

hello,

ile get right to it. i cant connect ledger to electrum. says check connections and make sure its not connected to anything else. did that, no help. 

Does it make any sense to delete the electrum wallet and try setting it up again? or would i lose my coins?

Also, im thinking of entering 3 wrong pass codes into ledger to reset it, and start from scratch? Make sense , or would i lose coins? I have 24 word seed in my hand.

Ledger support isnt helping me any so im on my own. Please help if you can, Thank YOu! brad
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B RAD LEE (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:31:34 AM

also my ledger showed 0 coins on phone app. i deleted it and went to try to reinstall it but now it doesnt give me any option to use hardware wallet. its like my ledger isnt even being recognized at all.
B RAD LEE (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:39:16 AM

fuck , now i cant even open ledger manager in chrome extension
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:41:45 AM

No idea try asking the guys in Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Development & Technical Discussion > Alternative clients
or maybe
Bitcoin Forum > Bitcoin > Technical Support

--I would not delete anything unless your sure you know what your doing.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
B RAD LEE (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:46:49 AM

ok thanks , ya im gonna wait to delete for sure.
B RAD LEE (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:48:18 AM

wait....arent we in bitcoin forum > bitcoin > technical support?
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:54:27 AM

Tongue your thread was moved.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
B RAD LEE (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 02:11:12 AM

lol. ok.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:55:29 PM

hello,

ile get right to it. i cant connect ledger to electrum. says check connections and make sure its not connected to anything else. did that, no help. 

Does it make any sense to delete the electrum wallet and try setting it up again? or would i lose my coins?

Also, im thinking of entering 3 wrong pass codes into ledger to reset it, and start from scratch? Make sense , or would i lose coins? I have 24 word seed in my hand.

Ledger support isnt helping me any so im on my own. Please help if you can, Thank YOu! brad

You have only one solution

1.Since you are saying that  you can't access chrome app anymore, try your ledger in a new PC or laptop, enter your PIN there, if it is recognized then there is something wrong with your PC.

2. DO NOT DELETE OR RESET YOUR LEDGER, there is high chance (I have not tried on my ledger this and won't )you will lose all your coins, the seed won't help much if you reset it to factory settings.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 08:14:20 PM

Would it be wise at this point for the OP to take his seed and go to an offline computer and create his wallet there?  At least he could verify the BTC address list is accurate and maybe even create a "watching wallet" using MPK from the cold wallet on his "hot" online machine.  Once OP confirms the BTC address list and sees all the wallet activity on his watching wallet, at least he can relax knowing all coins are safe and sound.  I don't use a Ledger but it should be about the same for all hardware wallets.  This would be simple with a Trezor, so I think it would be so with a Ledger too.  When you see the coins are safe then you can go crazy with the Ledger.  Anyway, that is what I would do at this point.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 08:51:08 PM

hello,

You have only one solution

1.Since you are saying that  you can't access chrome app anymore, try your ledger in a new PC or laptop, enter your PIN there, if it is recognized then there is something wrong with your PC.

2. DO NOT DELETE OR RESET YOUR LEDGER, there is high chance (I have not tried on my ledger this and won't )you will lose all your coins, the seed won't help much if you reset it to factory settings.

As long as you have the 24 word seed you can always restore a reset Ledger. Until the latest firmware part of the update process was resetting then restoring from seed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: