Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:10:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TrueCoin <-- coin with moderate inflation  (Read 5596 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:52:49 PM

@Overflow
Tomorrow we'll decide what to do with you in this thread. Wink

Looking forward to it. Huh

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LaggedOnUser

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:20:13 PM

You shouldn't get upset over minor things (miner things?)  Premine is not an important or enduring feature of the coin -- in the long run, what difference does it make?  Plus, if you think about it, merely announcing on this forum lets everyone go and mine their own coins.  I don't mean to criticize, but that sounds more fun to me, like an Easter egg hunt.  Just look at the big splash that some other new currencies made around here without premining.  They start with a bang!  Anyway, as a founder you will be there mining your own coins along with the rest of them.  Nothing prevents this.
aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 10:52:44 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 06:14:03 PM by aa

Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:50:41 PM

This thread just got kinda sad.   Cry  Oh well, on to the next AltCoin.

What did we learn from this one?
jambaman42

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:12:12 AM

I'm interested premine or not, mostly because of the different algo.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:08:35 AM

Ok. )
We;ll play by your rules trolls !

Since this post all NEW posts about
"premine unfairness" we'll delete...

And then we won't premine truecoins... Wink

Oh dear. Now centralized censorship. You asked what the community thought. We told you. Sorry it's not what you wanted hear.

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:07:07 AM

I am interested in this coin too. I like the proposal for a different algorithm. Count me in for the premine!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
c4n10

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:50:58 AM

Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:26:06 PM

First of all: congratulations on listening to us and decided against doing a premine! You will not regret this decision.

The reason we recommended you not to premine wasn't because we wanted to troll your coin. I want your coin to be successful, that's why I gave you what I thought was constructive criticism. We've seen the effects premine has on reputation. I personally think NovaCoin (Scrypt/PoS) was a very interesting concept, but because of the premine, it lost some of its reputation. Now I don't discuss whether this is right or wrong. It's just how it is. It is a fact: premines negatively affect a coin's reputation. If you choose to ignore this fact, then do, and suffer the consequences. No trolling here. I wish you all the best, that's why I also participated in your "coin name" contest.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:41:02 PM

First of all: congratulations on listening to us and decided against doing a premine! You will not regret this decision.

The reason we recommended you not to premine wasn't because we wanted to troll your coin. I want your coin to be successful, that's why I gave you what I thought was constructive criticism. We've seen the effects premine has on reputation. I personally think NovaCoin (Scrypt/PoS) was a very interesting concept, but because of the premine, it lost some of its reputation. Now I don't discuss whether this is right or wrong. It's just how it is. It is a fact: premines negatively affect a coin's reputation. If you choose to ignore this fact, then do, and suffer the consequences. No trolling here. I wish you all the best, that's why I also participated in your "coin name" contest.

+1

An altcoin isn't just about making changes, then releasing. You must win the support of the community to be successful.

Nice to see a fresh change to a new algorithm idea.

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:30:39 PM

any ETA on this?
Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:55:36 PM

Would it be possible to make the blocks at 1 min intervals?

Reason is that if transactions are carried by blocks, the transaction time goes down.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:51:53 PM

Reason is that if transactions are carried by blocks, the transaction time goes down.

The risk of a mined block by a miner getting orphaned increases though.

Mastergerund

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 06:55:35 PM

This is interesting. I wish I had more computer power for all the different altcoins!

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 07:16:55 PM

It is an interesting ideas for a real alt coin. I keep reading this thread with a great interest
Malawi

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:02:25 PM

The risk of a mined block by a miner getting orphaned increases though.

I have not quite gotten why it is necessary to orphan blocks. Would it not have been more natural to either split the coins or reenter the block?

It might be possible to reduce the amount of orphan blocks by letting a client/pool "call dibbs" on a block, and then be allowed to be the only one who mines at that block for x time. If the block is not solved by x time, someone else gets to try.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
TheSwede75

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 04:38:31 AM

"There will be some premine" ?
Why don't you just say 'We will start the coin with 'scam' stamped on it.
Red

Activity: 210
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 05:08:30 AM

This is a very interesting coin philosophically. It's in the class of "Redistribution of Wealth" coins like:

FreiCoin - Demurrage based coin
UDivCoin - Universal Dividend based coin  (see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796.0)

Those two coins are polar opposite implementations of the same basic idea. "Spending money encourages growth."

TrueCoin is like a twisted version of to Universal Dividend. It represents a "Miner Only" Dividend coin. I guess that's for people who invest their time and efforts in making the coin possible. The only rational name for the coin I can see is the obvious.

InvestorCoin - Takes value from everyone. Gives it to mining peer node operators.

To turn this coin into Universal Dividend would require every alive human to run a mining node of approximately equal hashing power. That could be done, but it sounds a bit redundant, heavy on bandwidth, and wasteful of resources.

EDIT: I linked this thread here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179918.msg1878011#msg1878011
Trying to build an index of people working on coins they hope will have a stable value. [StableCoin]
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 07:09:55 AM

TrueCoin is like a twisted version of to Universal Dividend. It represents a "Miner Only" Dividend coin. I guess that's for people who invest their time and efforts in making the coin possible. The only rational name for the coin I can see is the obvious.

An extended (to smoothly allow billions of people as receivers of generated coins) form of how DeVCoin works could do a "universal dividend".

You could maybe use a heirarchic pyramid of "receiver" files, to allow billions of people receiving coins without the clients having to directly deal with the full lists of all citizens of all nations on the planet.

So maybe for example put nations' national coffers into the receivers lists proportionally to their populations, then leave the actual splitting up of each nations' citizens' coins among the actual citizens to the national adminstrations.

90%, or whatever percent you can manage while still compensating miners for the dirt cheap task of merged-mining the coin, goes to the "receivers" instead of to the miners. Ultimately all people recognised by their nation as actual people eventually get some coins, provided they are responsible enough as citizens to ensure that they do not place into power over them, or tolerate in power over them, a government that fails to ensure each and every citizen gets their appropriate share of that nation's share of the universal dividend...

Not sure what to do about dictatorships etc - is there is any truth in the notion the people get the government they deserve?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ehmdjii

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 07:31:46 AM

ETA : some day in the future... Wink

could you be a bit more specific? Smiley

BTC: 1LsD5HpnX1Kfyti7CnHiVB1rjUEXGqmR2H
LTC: LQbpdMZmYyJa9bJG6NweBNxkSTfgZorkrG
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print