Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:01:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: HUUUGE CRASH COMING  (Read 3432 times)
Fatoshi (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:45:46 PM

I predict everything is going to crash dramatically in the following days and weeks. Crypto has a balance problem with running between absolute bearish and absolute crazy bullish. So we again ran too far too quickly and it's all coming down.

BTC back to 750 at least.

Most alts 30-40% drop....probably much more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 06:47:54 PM

Could be the case. I've heard stranger things before!  Grin

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
Antonioz

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:49:26 PM

it doesn't sound like an impossible scenario in the world of cryptocoins  Wink
Fatoshi (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:52:50 PM

It's actually very likely. The explosion in Bitcoin was based on the fact Chinese were looking to move funds away from gov. So now China Central Bank is cracking down and making it compulsory to register real identity.

This also screws Dash, which was hoping the anominity thing would get past China wall.....it won't..at least for Chinese.

Conclusion expect a massive crash in coming days.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:05:32 PM

Only option is to move to USD tethered coIn for next few weeks of find very undervalued projects that havent been caught up in this bull run.

A few I like are Komodo, Incent, Coval and Counterparty. Think under the radar but great projects to seed into.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:28:14 PM

It's actually very likely. The explosion in Bitcoin was based on the fact Chinese were looking to move funds away from gov. So now China Central Bank is cracking down and making it compulsory to register real identity.

This also screws Dash, which was hoping the anominity thing would get past China wall.....it won't..at least for Chinese.

Well dash is still on the up and up while Bitcoin is down.

Come back in a week.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:33:30 PM

i dont think every alt is going to crash, there will be many exceptions, but general cryptomarkets direction seems to be bearish now and it will stay that way for a while
Fatoshi (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:43:52 PM

i dont think every alt is going to crash, there will be many exceptions, but general cryptomarkets direction seems to be bearish now and it will stay that way for a while

No one is saying they will collapse forever but a healthy market doesn't go parabolic, it just doesn't. It's perfectly healthy that there is a pull back. I just think after this massive run the pull back will be pretty deep.
Fatoshi (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:44:57 PM

Well dash is still on the up and up while Bitcoin is down.

Come back in a week.
That's what I thought a week ago.

Dash is being artificially pumped, it's not a good example.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:01:55 PM

I think there is a real doubt about Bitcoin at the moment, due to the possible hard fork.
If bitcoin forks, why is it any better than the other shitcoins?

That is why people might look objectively at all the alts and decide that ETH or DASH is the way forward, not Bitcoin unlimited or Bitcoin core.

I agree with you though, everything will crash due to lack of confidence, bitcoin is the fallback, if that stutters, crypto stutters.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:06:50 PM

I think there is a real doubt about Bitcoin at the moment, due to the possible hard fork.

That is why people might look objectively at all the alts and decide that ETH or DASH is the way forward, not Bitcoin unlimited or Bitcoin core.

I agree with you though, everything will crash due to lack of confidence, bitcoin is the fallback, if that stutters, crypto stutters.

I agree with you, though I don't think the fear is about the hard fork, but rather about the lack of hard fork.  And I think that status quo is what is designed to happen, and which is the cause of the fall.

Personally, I thought that status quo (which is in my opinion the only outcome of this thing for fundamental dynamical reasons) was not going to affect price much, but would push away normal people from bitcoin and only leave big money.  But maybe it were normal people greater fools on which bitcoin was still thriving.  Them away and it crumbles.

Interesting times !

I do not dare hope that this is finally the end to the greater fool game all of crypto is involved since many years...  It would be great, but I have difficulties believing it is already today...
dinofelis

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:11:53 PM

No way a hard fork is the uncertainty and change, looks at regular investments and stocks this is what scares investors.

I can assure you that as long as bitcoin is leading, there will not be a hard fork.  BU has only one goal: keep segwit impossible, and keep status quo.
Fatoshi (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:14:44 PM

Problem with Bitcoin is it hasn't grown in acceptance and usage it's just grown as a speculation. once people realize BTC is not a digital gold and that some other alt coin can replace it in a heartbeat it won't be a good store of value even.
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 08:16:08 PM

I think that most of you are dramatizing events too much. I agree that markets could be bearish for some time but money are not moving out of crypto, they are moving into crypto. Do you think that fiat is safer with current inflation rates and unpredictable financial system that can crash any time? I don't and if you're scared about what will happen just move everything you have to Tether, sit and watch markets moving.  

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dinofelis

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:18:29 PM

Problem with Bitcoin is it hasn't grown in acceptance and usage it's just grown as a speculation. once people realize BTC is not a digital gold and that some other alt coin can replace it in a heartbeat it won't be a good store of value even.

Indeed.  Once bitcoin is gone as king, there will finally be open competition between crypto ; and hopefully this greater fool game is then over, and crypto is only valued by Fisher's formula with its real usage.  That might be a shock, as the total market cap will be divided by 100 or more or so.  But that's the real economic value of crypto.   All the rest is a HUGE bubble full of greater-fool hot air.

Also, the demise of bitcoin as digital gold will cure people for at least one generation to play greater fool games with these things, and think that what they bought for $1 will make them a millionaire.  But we'll see.  I'm not sure that this is the time yet.
Arvydas77

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 08:19:02 PM

That was predictable and I was talking about that many times. Just look at Bitcoin code and you will understand why. However, code is not static. You can write, rewrite it and create absolutely new system that is suitable for worldwide adoption. We don't know what will happen with BTC but if developers won't change things, it will evantually fail. But if they change, we have a new start.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Cashew

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:20:32 PM

This is true, but not entirely. Bitcoin will not go that low, and I think we already are at the bottom, but for altcoins this is true. People, when will you understand that this is just a whale game ? Everyone was spitting on Ethereum a week ago and now that it pumps more than anything reasonable, everyone worship it... Altcoins are just a toy to steal your bitcoins, and you need to understand this if you do not want to make the whales richer. All of these rises, absolutely all of them, will not last very long ! You have been warned !
dinofelis

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:23:45 PM

Do you think that fiat is safer with current inflation rates and unpredictable financial system that can crash any time?

Honestly ?  Yes.   Crypto has much higher inflation rates (if you count all new alt coins) ; politics will not let the financial system crash - they will steal people of all their assets (including bitcoin) before they allow that to happen.  Suppose that the financial system crashes.  What are you going to do with your bitcoin in the supermarket ?  Blocs are full.  Your transactions will need weeks to get through if you think that bitcoin is going to be a hedge.  By the time everything is back to normal (7 years later or so), you starved to death with your private keys on your USB stick.
What you need in those times are simple goods.  They cannot be obtained against bitcoin, ethereum or dash.  The guy selling food doesn't know these things exist, and if he would those systems would be entirely saturated.  
Arvydas77

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 08:33:42 PM

Do you think that fiat is safer with current inflation rates and unpredictable financial system that can crash any time?

Honestly ?  Yes.   Crypto has much higher inflation rates (if you count all new alt coins) ; politics will not let the financial system crash - they will steal people of all their assets (including bitcoin) before they allow that to happen.  Suppose that the financial system crashes.  What are you going to do with your bitcoin in the supermarket ?  Blocs are full.  Your transactions will need weeks to get through if you think that bitcoin is going to be a hedge.  By the time everything is back to normal (7 years later or so), you starved to death with your private keys on your USB stick.
What you need in those times are simple goods.  They cannot be obtained against bitcoin, ethereum or dash.  The guy selling food doesn't know these things exist, and if he would those systems would be entirely saturated.  

I don't agree with you. Why do you need to buy goods with crypto if you can do this with cash? Crypto aren't designed for everyday buy and sell operations primarily. For that purposes we are spending fiat. But the problem with fiat is if you try to save it for the future generations. For example, my parents worked about 45 years and what they saved now are worth a few thousand EUR. That is weird and that is because they saved in fiat and inflation ate almost everything. Ok, if you don't like crypto, go with precious metals, artworks etc. But I like crypto and I think it is a start of huge transformation of financial system and in humanity itself.

p.s. about inflation rates of fiat and crypto. Just looks at some charts of statistics and you will be surprised.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
joerazor

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:36:34 PM

I agree that BTC will be very bearish in the coming days and will probably consolidate at around $700-800

But I disagree on the fact that altcoins would drop. In fact, I see some altcoins being pumped due to money coming to them!

Altcoins are stronger than before and some of them are currently strong enough to be independent regardless of what happens to BTC.

If BTC does not implement segwit, I suspect another coin to dominate the cryptoworld in the coming years. BTC fees are very high, with a slow and congested network that cannot survive, especially incredible technologies that some alts have.
acostaja

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:39:43 PM

I've a different theory, a Bitcoin crash will skyrocket Alt-Coins, specially ETH & XMR.

Bitcooin has a 2big issue: mining & Chinese miners, as collateral Bitcoin transaction cost has become unpopular driving users to Altcoins.

ETH isn't see now as a failed experiment, but as a resilent coin will be the one winning the most CAP from bitcoin stampeede.
jetson111

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:42:19 PM

I don't agree with you. Why do you need to buy goods with crypto if you can do this with cash? Crypto aren't designed for everyday buy and sell operations primarily. For that purposes we are spending fiat. But the problem with fiat is if you try to save it for the future generations. For example, my parents worked about 45 years and what they saved now are worth a few thousand EUR. That is weird and that is because they saved in fiat and inflation ate almost everything. Ok, if you don't like crypto, go with precious metals, artworks etc. But I like crypto and I think it is a start of huge transformation of financial system and in humanity itself.

p.s. about inflation rates of fiat and crypto. Just looks at some charts of statistics and you will be surprised.

I like crypto as well. I am one of those who think we are in the Wild West of crypto still. Am I in the minority when it comes to thinking that Bitcoin will eventually lose dominance at the least and at worst it will go to the museum like an antique in a few years.
dinofelis

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:42:52 PM

But the problem with fiat is if you try to save it for the future generations. For example, my parents worked about 45 years and what they saved now are worth a few thousand EUR.

Fiat is not meant to be a long term store of value, but a fluid means of payment.  
But if you think crypto is going to be a long term store of value, "for future generations", you are out of your mind.  
If you buy crypto so that it rises, it means you're counting on someone paying MORE for it than you did: a greater fool.  If most of the people buying crypto do this for that reason, this is a greater fool game, that stops when you run out of greater fools.  No expectation of greater fool any more, no incentive to buy.  No incentive to buy, no more price rise.  Big crash.  

Crypto is still new, there's a lot of greater fools to get to the game before you run out of it. So you can still hope not to be in the last layer.  But hoping that your grand children will still find greater fools, is crazy.

My only interest in crypto resides in the fact that it can serve as subversive payment system, hidden from state to give economic liberty to those wanting it (from exchanging goods and labor without the state stealing taxes on it, over dark markets to financing activities the state wants to avoid).

dinofelis

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:44:00 PM

I like crypto as well. I am one of those who think we are in the Wild West of crypto still. Am I in the minority when it comes to thinking that Bitcoin will eventually lose dominance at the least and at worst it will go to the museum like an antique in a few years.

I think so too.  But not immediately.  It will still last.  It may even last for a very long time, if it finds its niche as reserve currency for big players. 
Cashew

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:48:25 PM

I've a different theory, a Bitcoin crash will skyrocket Alt-Coins, specially ETH & XMR.

Bitcooin has a 2big issue: mining & Chinese miners, as collateral Bitcoin transaction cost has become unpopular driving users to Altcoins.

ETH isn't see now as a failed experiment, but as a resilent coin will be the one winning the most CAP from bitcoin stampeede.

This could be what a reasonablemind could say, but think about this : altcoins have no purpose. Absolutely no altcoin can permit you to buy food or car or hardware. So this reason must be taken outside of the debate. Chinese miners are not a problem, as there is no proof they are located in China (majority of the miners, not the Chinese miners). A Bitcoin transaction is not very expensive. If you can not even pay a 0,1 mBTC fee, you have greatest problems than Bitcoin.
dinofelis

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:49:35 PM

DASH is near 1 billion.  Close to where ETH was not so long ago.  Spoetnik, where  are you when you need to shill ? Smiley
dinofelis

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:52:10 PM

This could be what a reasonablemind could say, but think about this : altcoins have no purpose. Absolutely no altcoin can permit you to buy food or car or hardware.

You can't do that with bitcoin any more either.  Transactions don't get confirmed in time.  And once, you couldn't buy stuff with bitcoin either.  Merchants are dropping bitcoin because it is too much hassle.  Honestly, switching to an alt coin is not such a problem. 

Bitcoin's arrogance of thinking it could be the only one is bringing it down. Bitcoin has nothing for it apart from its name.

Cashew

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:57:42 PM

This could be what a reasonablemind could say, but think about this : altcoins have no purpose. Absolutely no altcoin can permit you to buy food or car or hardware.

You can't do that with bitcoin any more either.  Transactions don't get confirmed in time.  And once, you couldn't buy stuff with bitcoin either.  Merchants are dropping bitcoin because it is too much hassle.  Honestly, switching to an alt coin is not such a problem. 

Bitcoin's arrogance of thinking it could be the only one is bringing it down. Bitcoin has nothing for it apart from its name.

But where are you getting those informations from, your hat Cheesy ? No merchant that I use dropped Bitcoin, and not farther from a week ago I bought stuff with it, so please do not make people panic out of nothing !

Bitcoin is the king because no other altcoin have any argument to prove it better. People took lot of time to get used to Bitcoin, so making Foolethdashcoin the pseudo-new king will just kill us all ! So please altcoins, stay at your rank of toy for rich Bitcoin people.
Arvydas77

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 09:00:44 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2017, 09:10:49 PM by Arvydas77

But the problem with fiat is if you try to save it for the future generations. For example, my parents worked about 45 years and what they saved now are worth a few thousand EUR.

Fiat is not meant to be a long term store of value, but a fluid means of payment.  
But if you think crypto is going to be a long term store of value, "for future generations", you are out of your mind.  
If you buy crypto so that it rises, it means you're counting on someone paying MORE for it than you did: a greater fool.  If most of the people buying crypto do this for that reason, this is a greater fool game, that stops when you run out of greater fools.  No expectation of greater fool any more, no incentive to buy.  No incentive to buy, no more price rise.  Big crash.  

Crypto is still new, there's a lot of greater fools to get to the game before you run out of it. So you can still hope not to be in the last layer.  But hoping that your grand children will still find greater fools, is crazy.

Yes, I think that our grandchildren will use crypto as store of value and as a payment method as well. Crypto are designed as inflation resistant, differently from the fiat. I think you don't see the whole picture - we don't need crypto as a payment method. If crypto is only designed as a payment method - it is in any way innovative. The best part of crypto is limited supply. You can't print it to infinity as central banks and governments are doing with fiat.
Speculation is to high today and it will stabilise in the future. You know that 99 (if not 100%) of todays projects will fail but new will arise. Much better than previous.

If you believe that fiat will survive while governments are pumping economy with new printed money (or new emission of digitized fiat) we only can see this as in Germany before WW2.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dannysan

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:07:04 PM

I agree with you. But what would make it better than the other coins is that it has so much more investments in it, (not saying it is better than any other alt coin out there. it probly isnt) but this would make it way harder to have a major crash atm. With that said, I still believe there is a crash coming, and btc will drag all the alt coins down with it. It will be interesting to see who survives the crash. Interesting times  Grin
Cashew

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:09:50 PM

Yes, I think that our grandchildren will use crypto as store of value and as a payment method as well. Crypto are designed as inflation resistant, differently from the fiat. I think you don't see the whole picture - we don't need crypto as a payment method. If crypto is only designed as a payment method - it is in any way innovative. The best part of crypto is limited supply. You can't print it to infinity as central banks and governments are doing with fiat.
Speculation is to high today and it will stabilise in the future. You know that 99 (if not 100%) of todays projects will fail but new will arise. Much better than previous.

Our grandchildren will not use crypto-currencies but Bitcoin. People are blessing empty promises for Dash and Ethereum, as if they could be game changers, but only now that they have an high price ! This is like election time, people get fooled another time, voting for candidates promises, but at the end, only state name stay the same, and nothing promised happen, and you can start waiting for 5 years to get fooled another time.
dinofelis

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:35:30 PM

Of course you can.  It is sufficient that you change the parameters. Like block size in bitcoin.  The only thing you need for that is an agreement between miners, when it is sufficiently centralized.  And it is unavoidable that it will centralize because of economies of scale, regulation, and I don't know what.  Look, Evan, all by himself, has divided the supply of DASH by 4 once he had made his premine.  If you can lower it, you can increase it as well.  

But that is not the real inflation of crypto.  The real inflation is the creation of extra crypto currencies out of the blue.  New coins.  For instance, all the application tokens on top of ETH are inflationary tokens.  If you allow second tier layers on top of a crypto (the only way to scale a block chain crypto) you will get forms of fractional reserve banking.  

Don't think that there is a finite amount of crypto.  There may be, for the time that it is sufficiently decentralized and immutable, a finite amount of COIN X on its chain.  That doesn't mean that coin X proxies are not created, that the market cap of X is not diminishing (comes down to inflation) and so on.

Exactly.

If you believe that fiat will survive while governments are pumping economy with new printed money (or new emission of digitized fiat) we only can see this as in Germany before WW2.

Of course, but that didn't stop Germany to have the strong German fiat Deutch mark after WW2 until the end of the 20th century, and now it has the Euro, and maybe in the future another fiat.  

Again, I don't see fiat as a store of value.  That's crazy.  But as a payment system.  I think that state fiat will always be a superior payment system than a clunky crypto currency, simply because the state will put everything into work to make it work well.  The centralisation makes that it is easy to deal with.  No crypto hassle.  No block chains.  No shit.

I am not saying that a *specific given fiat* currency is for ever, but neither I think that a specific, given crypto currency is for ever.  It doesn't need to be.  It just needs to be the right payment system for its application, at its time. 

Fiat has been ruling payment systems since at least 2000 years if not more.   Of course we don't use the Roman fiat.  But fiat nevertheless.  Crypto has its place where fiat cannot go. 
dinofelis

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:37:58 PM

Our grandchildren will not use crypto-currencies but Bitcoin.

I don't believe that.  I think bitcoin will be long gone by that time.  Like all crypto currencies that exist today.   It is simply too clunky.  Block chain based crypto was a great idea to get started, but way way too naive in its approach. 

1urker

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:36:28 AM

This is true, but not entirely. Bitcoin will not go that low, and I think we already are at the bottom, but for altcoins this is true. People, when will you understand that this is just a whale game ? Everyone was spitting on Ethereum a week ago and now that it pumps more than anything reasonable, everyone worship it... Altcoins are just a toy to steal your bitcoins, and you need to understand this if you do not want to make the whales richer. All of these rises, absolutely all of them, will not last very long ! You have been warned !

So you never invest in Altcoins?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:08:21 AM

I predict everything is going to crash dramatically in the following days and weeks. Crypto has a balance problem with running between absolute bearish and absolute crazy bullish. So we again ran too far too quickly and it's all coming down.

This is the natural way things work, when they get "pumped" they need to get dumped right after so that people can take their money out, so they wait for the top then unload their stash to get the 100%-300% profit and then move on with that money to a newer altcoin and make the same profit there while the last one slowly dies until the next round.

your mistake is thinking bitcoin has gone up without any reason and also comparing it with altcoins! but bitcoin is the only crypto with real adoption because of its real world usage.

and the ONLY reason why it has dropped down recently is because of FUD and the fear that is stupidly in people's minds thinking bitcoin will split.

try 60% to 80%!
as i said above, when there is a pump there will be a dump. no matter how good or bad that altcoin is, there needs to be a correction. people don't buy altcoins to "use" they buy them to sell on top and make profit and selling means price drops.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

This is the natural way things work, when they get "pumped" they need to get dumped right after so that people can take their money out, so they wait for the top then unload their stash to get the 100%-300% profit and then move on with that money to a newer altcoin and make the same profit there while the last one slowly dies until the next round.

your mistake is thinking bitcoin has gone up without any reason and also comparing it with altcoins! but bitcoin is the only crypto with real adoption because of its real world usage.

and the ONLY reason why it has dropped down recently is because of FUD and the fear that is stupidly in people's minds thinking bitcoin will split.

try 60% to 80%!
as i said above, when there is a pump there will be a dump. no matter how good or bad that altcoin is, there needs to be a correction. people don't buy altcoins to "use" they buy them to sell on top and make profit and selling means price drops.
yeah the concepts is not for the development or progress of the said project but to risk and try their luck to earn some btc
after they assess correctly and things went to their side its all about trading nothing else. better to review and research
how things works inside trading industry.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:54:47 AM

Exactly this.  I remember watching BTC at Gox years ago staying at 5 USD for a very long time then it started to move.  I was like 'it has to come down sooner or later...'.  The next thing I know it was on 100 USD.  Now I was going 'now it has to come down'.  But no, it went on to 1000 USD.  And guess what, I didn't buy any at 5, 10 or anywhere low like that.  I bought at prices over 100 - 200.  I had the money during that time too.  It was a wasted opportunity.

Again same with Dash.  Missed that one too.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
acostaja

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:40:58 PM

Seems you use Marxist analysis, you (as everyone who believe in marx and its economic thought school) are wrong.

You're not even close to what happens to cryptocurrencies.

Cryptocurrency is a phenomena just exploding, the most know is Bitcoin but bitcoin has serious issues about scalability, this will drive money to AltCoins, the most solid (well planned) are ETH,Zcash I bet on ETH, I've 4x mi worth since I decided to bet in eth and it will continue to grow much faster than any other crypto as the 'experimental failure' ghost vanishes .

all cryptocurrencies dont represent more than 0.0001% of the fiat in the world, all we know with the time Cryptocurrencies will be 100% of the money used, this is an prediction for the next 20yr as much long to be verified, on that time Bitcoin will be another cryptocurrency (heavily forked) among the sea.

Current BIP dont really solve the scalability issues bitcoin has, as SegWit only hides it, and B.U. only make it worst(very slow) on the long, bitcoin is ransomed by chinese miners not the community, this is the big problem, and those miners use to be chinese big hogs -mostly-.

The only true Economic though school is the Hungry, efficiency and productivity e.e. are just politics and vanity.
xtyling

Activity: 588

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:23:01 AM

Exactly this.  I remember watching BTC at Gox years ago staying at 5 USD for a very long time then it started to move.  I was like 'it has to come down sooner or later...'.  The next thing I know it was on 100 USD.  Now I was going 'now it has to come down'.  But no, it went on to 1000 USD.  And guess what, I didn't buy any at 5, 10 or anywhere low like that.  I bought at prices over 100 - 200.  I had the money during that time too.  It was a wasted opportunity.

Again same with Dash.  Missed that one too.

On long term dash is no more better than any other alt. The market adoption is small and there are a lot assuming that a price manipulation is on there.

Yes I also missed the train to make quick bucks 😪
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 06:00:27 PM

I have a question to ask all ppl here are saying that all coins are over priced and that all are shit coins not worth a dollar so...why are you trading them and interested in cryptocurrencies if you think that they are all shit coins , and how do you know they are overpriced because you think all ppl are looking to them the same as you.....just don't get it.

2016 GPU Miner
klimpa

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:31:55 PM

They just buy cheap and sell high. And spred fud so you drop your coins and drop price. So they can buy coins cheaper.
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:02:02 PM

They just buy cheap and sell high. And spred fud so you drop your coins and drop price. So they can buy coins cheaper.
There will be a point in the future when people start discrediting FUD news and stand by the fundamentals and if that is the case the price could recover and i am really impressed that the price of coin is still above the thousand dollar mark even with uncertain news coming out when it comes to forking.
paramind22

Activity: 2632
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 11:54:34 AM

This is where it's more about an ideology, like a message about taking some power away from the grid and putting in into wider hands.  If you
believe in that, then you can keep being bullish on alts.  People need to see the reason for alts, not just them as investments.  If you don't have the former, you won't have the latter.

JonHind

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:54:12 AM

waiting for a big crash in bitcoin and so that it goes to 900 usd
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: