Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is going to be good for Bitcoin some day, HODL  (Read 1574 times)
Cashew

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:01:11 AM

The only problem with trading around with Bitcoin is you can get caught and miss big gains. 

What if some news comes out the jihan Wu is waving the white flag and is talking to core about a compromise?

Price would shoot up $500 in a matter of minutes and not only would your gains be gone but you'd be in the red.

With Bitcoin in my opinion there is only one way to play it and that's HODL.

Keeping your bitcoins in your wallet, a software wallet, is actually the best thing to do considering the tremendeous situation we are actually living. And in case the Bitcoin splits, you will end up with the two currencies and you will be able to keep your funds on the dominant chain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 09:07:20 AM

I already cashed my bitcoins out near the ATH so right now i'm fine with the way things are going... The more drop the better.

When the price drops to a level that is around $700, i'll be able to buy in cheap coins at the price level of last year, which is great. No matter how low it drops there is going to be people buying in at that level, including me.

Remember don't always follow the crowd.

The crowd is full of emotions and hype. When it rises everyone shouts "bitcoin is great" "long live bitcoin" and when it drops everyone says "bitcoin is dead".

That process has gone on for the entire 9 years bitcoin has been in existence.
Simply put buy if you want sell if you want too right? Its good for you that you have sold near the ATH. For now I too will wait for the levels that is around 700$ to rebuy again since it is high right now for me. I will just also hold the coins I have remaining trusting that bitcoin will go up again. I just hope that history won't repeat itself now because if it did, it will drop more until it drops to a very low price.

That would be a long wait to happen as you can see there's certain good movements that tellin for good flactuation on bitcoins, But we can't tell also if this one will continue so for us to now lets monitor and play to earn for now. But also for i will just play for its sudden flactuation and make some short trades so that i can earn for its fuzzy movements and  maybe if i would buy and hodl if i can see some good pointers that bitcoins will regain its strength again and pump for more.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:13:14 AM

And ETH and DASH and all the other crap would be so lucky if they had to deal with this one day.  This being an issue for Bitcoin is a sign of success.

the funny thing about all these other coins that are claiming to be better than bitcoin is that they can't even handle 1/10 of bitcoin traffic!
i love to see hoe ETH is going to be when it starts having some real transactions take place and the blockchain of it bloats fast, the same for DASH.
people are crying their hearts out because bitcoin blockchain is nearing 100 GB after 8 years and ETH has the same size of blockchain and it has not even been around that long! let it have more transactions and we see how node count of it drop to zero and its network be finally effed!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Chrismeister

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:31:47 PM

And ETH and DASH and all the other crap would be so lucky if they had to deal with this one day.  This being an issue for Bitcoin is a sign of success.

the funny thing about all these other coins that are claiming to be better than bitcoin is that they can't even handle 1/10 of bitcoin traffic!
i love to see hoe ETH is going to be when it starts having some real transactions take place and the blockchain of it bloats fast, the same for DASH.
people are crying their hearts out because bitcoin blockchain is nearing 100 GB after 8 years and ETH has the same size of blockchain and it has not even been around that long! let it have more transactions and we see how node count of it drop to zero and its network be finally effed!

It's true that this kind of attention is good for bitcoin because parties acknowledge how big this is for bitcoin. What I do want to see is a some how a consensus between all.
We are all in the same boat right?
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:09:07 PM

This is the natural progression that BTC will have to go through to grow.  Its the way it was designed.  

And ETH and DASH and all the other crap would be so lucky if they had to deal with this one day.  This being an issue for Bitcoin is a sign of success.

HODL!  Who ever thought this shit would be easy?

too many people here treat it like a computer program when they're theorising but in reality the money thing comes first by a country mile. the most important thing with money is faith, even more so with something that's backed only by mutual agreement.

disagreement is there but it's on the fringes while the actual subject hums along just fine. if that disagreement actually screws with the day to day operation of all this then i don't think there's any coming back from it.

Yep, either way you and I agree that bitcoins are money (a few other people here agree it seems) so there will always be value. The only risk is that the value is higher or lower.

A fork wouldn't be the end of the world so I'm not sure why people think it's such a big deal that they need to sell bitcoins.
I like the way you see it, not a big deal? Well, I will agree with you if bitcoin could make it better as I believe it can.
We have devs team, miners and users who support bitcoin, as long as this community stand still, bitcoin will keep developing.
Yes, it is a way that bitcoin should encounter but only time will tell how it going through.
goldenchip

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:16:19 PM

I think it's unlikely that this fork will happen, I'm not seeing as much support for this as some people think. From my point of view, this is the worst time to panic.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
hector3115 (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:08:35 AM

I don't pretend to know which side of the fork would be the one chosen by the public.  My advise would be to HODL both and let the market decide.  Who knows maybe both will survive?  One for fast, no fee micro payments and the other for a digital gold. 

Digital gold is the reason I HODL but thats just me.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:16:14 AM

I don't pretend to know which side of the fork would be the one chosen by the public.  My advise would be to HODL both and let the market decide.  Who knows maybe both will survive?  One for fast, no fee micro payments and the other for a digital gold. 

Digital gold is the reason I HODL but thats just me.

yes,HODL seems like the best way at the moment
lets hope that the freaks bears will not drive the price down with their manipulative news
in case of BU taking over we are going to have double the amount of coins to spend Smiley
and due to the anti deflationary mechanics inbuilt in bitcoin it just simply cannot lose too much value

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:37:45 AM

these days, with all the fights and bullshit FUD the only group that is being affected is the regular users and newcomers. they see the drop, they see the bullshit and lies which is flying around everywhere and they will run away. and then in a month or couple when things go away and back to normal you hear people ask why bitcoin is not yet adopted!

Buying the dip...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: