Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:37:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is PIVX, is it DASH clone?  (Read 8098 times)
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:51:45 AM

My take is PIVX will soon either be added by Poloniex, or start being used on dark markets.

bold statement, I like it.

Considering Polo added way shittier coins, I'd be surprised if they wouldn't add it.

lets hope some exchange will add it that has working servers... takes 5 mins for the graphs to load on bittrex.

For you maybe, Bittrex is, and always was pretty fast for me. Otherwise I wouldn't use it.

Not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:27:48 AM

How close it PIVX to implementing zero knowledge protocol? Many have tried. Smiley

Though did I read that some of the people were involved with Librex coin, which had been looking into zero knowledge for years?
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/librexcoin/

though my memory could be playing tricks on me.
Xalib

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:06:34 PM

Does PIVX have an advanced coin mixing mechanism compared to DASH (which is obsolete nowadays)?
Since DASH effectively gave up anon transactions and goes into the paypal direction, whats PIVX's stand on this?
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 01:13:35 PM

Does PIVX have an advanced coin mixing mechanism compared to DASH (which is obsolete nowadays)?
Since DASH effectively gave up anon transactions and goes into the paypal direction, whats PIVX's stand on this?

AFAIK they are using coinjoin (same as dash), but are migrating to zerocoin, which is far better privacy than coinjoin. According to the roadmap they are applying zerocoin protocal to all transactions which is better than what zerocash is offering. Not sure if any staking system avoids centralization over time, but it's better start than its predecessor.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:36:37 PM

How close it PIVX to implementing zero knowledge protocol? Many have tried. Smiley

This is a good point. It is not a super easy thing to implement. There have been a few failed attempts in the past. Furthermore, the only successful attempt that I know of (ZCoin) had a bug that was exploited.

Although it was quickly fixed, the exploiter made off with approximately $776,900 worth of ZCoins. "A total of 388450 XZC were created from this bug." ZCoin was worth around $2 at the time of the exploit.

https://zcoin.io/language/en/zcoins-zerocoin-bug-explained-in-detail/
Assman

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:51:31 PM

traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 01:58:45 PM

if the situations is like yesterday, i am sure pivx will be increase more higher because i see in bittrex, there are so active trading and i see there are many movement in buy and sell order and it gets dump and pump in many times and now the price is around in 0.0003x btc soon it will be 0.0004x if its possible gets another pump.
Assman

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:02:51 PM

if the situations is like yesterday, i am sure pivx will be increase more higher because i see in bittrex, there are so active trading and i see there are many movement in buy and sell order and it gets dump and pump in many times and now the price is around in 0.0003x btc soon it will be 0.0004x if its possible gets another pump.

Try 0.004 Wink

400% in a weekend is just scratching the surface--the market cap is still TINY.  Poloneix will pick this up soon and then the bull run will REALLY get started.

Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:13:40 PM

Whenever I read this coins name to myself its sounds like PI VROX......ie Pirates!!! lol
Fatoshi

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:55:30 PM

Try 0.004 Wink

400% in a weekend is just scratching the surface--the market cap is still TINY.  Poloneix will pick this up soon and then the bull run will REALLY get started.

How can you say the market cap is tiny? Its 20million down from 40m. Big cap projects like Steem are only 40m. Even if this has a future its run up too quickly and will need a correction. My hunch is it will shit its pants down to 10m or less.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:07:08 PM

Try 0.004 Wink

400% in a weekend is just scratching the surface--the market cap is still TINY.  Poloneix will pick this up soon and then the bull run will REALLY get started.

How can you say the market cap is tiny? Its 20million down from 40m. Big cap projects like Steem are only 40m. Even if this has a future its run up too quickly and will need a correction.

It was never 40M - cmc should always take the price of the highest volume exchange not the highest price it is down from 42k to 38k

These coins should be judged on the tech for tech. On that basis of that why is 20M not tiny compared to 700M. Of course nobody is saying steem does not deserve higher or lower but again the start is questionable for steem. The fairness of the initial distribution can not be stated enough.

However I agree the rise is steep and I would expect corrections along the way. I wonder if polo doesn't add it if bittrex will start getting a lot of custom back based on polo trollbox where many are asking for it and you can bet many that are not saying on troll box want it there.

That's the funny thing about these coins. People can switch between them very quickly. First mover advantage will count for a lot but if there is a lot of question marks against the first mover or if the tech is proven more useful for way cheaper then unless you are btc (for now) you need to look out.

Fatoshi

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:12:08 PM

Try 0.004 Wink

How can you say the market cap is tiny? Its 20million down from 40m. Big cap projects like Steem are only 40m. Even if this has a future its run up too quickly and will need a correction.

It was never 40M - cmc should always take the price of the highest volume exchange not the highest price it is down from 42k to 38k

These coins should be judged on the tech for tech. On that basis of that why is 20M not tiny compared to 700M. Of course nobody is saying steem does not deserve higher or lower but again the start is questionable for steem. The fairness of the initial distribution can not be stated enough.

However I agree the rise is steep and I would expect corrections along the way. I wonder if polo doesn't add it if bittrex will start getting a lot of custom back based on polo trollbox where many are asking for it and you can bet many that are not saying on troll box want it there.

That's the funny thing about these coins. People can switch between them very quickly. First mover advantage will count for a lot but if there is a lot of question marks against the first mover or if the tech is proven more useful for way cheaper then unless you are btc (for now) you need to look out.

Sorry but I smell this is about to implode, seen it too many times not to recognise it. The rise was on pure hype, completely undeserved. Its almost a shitcoin if you look at it with objective eyes. It could return to 1-2m and be forgotten about in a month.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 03:17:04 PM

Try 0.004 Wink

Sorry but I smell this is about to implode, seen it too many times not to recognise it. The rise was on pure hype, completely undeserved. Its almost a shitcoin if you look at it with objective eyes. It could return to 1-2m and be forgotten about in a month.

Dash is a shitcoin, so your logic is a fail. I bought some PIVX just for fun and to show dashtards that an instamine is a no go when all things are equal (or slightly better).

Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:21:18 PM

I  Thought zerocoin was the bunk implementation and that zcash was what got it right, so why use zerocoin again? Is it a joke or a typo that pivx uses zerocoin?
Fatoshi

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:26:45 PM

Try 0.004 Wink

Dash is a shitcoin, so your logic is a fail. I bought some PIVX just for fun and to show dashtards that an instamine is a no go when all things are equal (or slightly better).

yeah but its a shitcoin that was first to market on anominity which is everything. Plus its taken a few years to get to its recent inflated price. PVIX does it overnight...yeah ok mate.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:33:33 PM

Try 0.004 Wink

You've only been here 5 mins.

When you time something with any kind of accuracy instead of reams of misinformation then perhaps I can take you and your opinions more seriously.

Having said that any coin here can crash and be forgotten about with a few exceptions.

I notice you're not a dash fan and call that a pile of shit. I hear skilled devs say the same thing so if you guys are right on both accounts then fair enough - time will tell.

I know from experience not being on these rises is very frustrating. I cashed out a little too much at between 15 and 20 so I want a correction as much as the next person. Recently though these rises are not correcting.

People who have been here a lot longer than you are probably awaiting polo listing. After that then we will see.

Which coins in your opinion have well deserved rises? are there any? which coins do you own which are not to you shitcoins?

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:38:33 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 03:49:05 PM by cryptohunter

Try 0.004 Wink

yeah but its a shitcoin that was first to market on anominity which is everything. Plus its taken a few years to get to its recent inflated price. PVIX does it overnight...yeah ok mate.

But as we have shown you first to market with your brand of anon does not mean everything. Look at bytecoin to xmr.

We have also told you that perceived unfairness plays a big part in dash's persona.

You seem fond of these words everything and never. I think this is where you are going wrong.

They can be factors but so can your image of being fair.

I mean if they were both 770M today then it may look like pivX got there rather quickly. But we are talking magnitudes less, it is 20m.

Fairness to you is not important and is a vague abstract concept as you said before in the other thread that vanished. Many others have their own more tangible and defined ideas of what fairness is and it matters to them. Recent polls show that is a critical issue for dash.

Fatoshi

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:47:20 PM

Try 0.004 Wink

But as we have shown you first to market with your brand of anon does not mean everything. Look at bytecoin to xmr.

We have also told you that perceived unfairness plays a big part in dash's persona.

You seem fond of these words everything and never. I think this is where you are going wrong.

I mean if they were both 770M today then it may look like pivX got there rather quickly. But we are talking magnitudes less, it is 20m.

Fairness to you is not important and is a vague abstract concept as you said before in the other thread that vanished. Many others have their own more tangible and defined ideas of what fairness is and it matters to them. Recent polls show that is a critical issue for dash.

Look dickface I've been around crypto since 2011. PVIX is done for now, any small child can see that. I'll give you a clue to where the next big thing is even to help your disabled ass. BITSEND   I bought in two days ago and already eating gold ass. Now piss off.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 03:47:57 PM

Try 0.004 Wink

A shitcoin is a shitcoin is a shitcoin. And if first means best/last/end in the your conception of privacy, you need to read up on the history of cryptography as it works in the exact opposite direction (with the caveat that a pen and paper burnt after memorization is as good as it currently gets, but hardly applicable to a discussion on cryptocurrencies or technologically based cryptography).

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:53:08 PM

Try 0.004 Wink

Look dickface I've been around crypto since 2011. PVIX is done for now, any small child can see that. I'll give you a clue to where the next big thing is even to help your disabled ass. BITSEND   I bought in two days ago and already eating gold ass. Now piss off.

My next offer of assistance is to not use foul language and keep swearing. Make your points clearly and with some kind of coherent argument not rantings based upon inaccurate statements.

Off course you have been around since 2011...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: