Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:40:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the recent drop could be a trap 2017/3/19.  (Read 1898 times)
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:33:58 PM

i would think that the drop from $1100 yesterday to as of this thread is started $950, is a trap for sellers because looking at its popularity, it is not the first time bitcoin being volatile. unless bitcoin price drops to ~$850 within a day, it could be unnecessary to sell your bitcoins for some of the people will buy again.
what is Bitcoin Unlimited though? Huh

it is manipulation and when you manipulate you don't want to kill what you have already invested thousands of dollars in. it is only one of the reason why price won't go low a lot because those who dump a big amount of bitcoin at once to make the price drop are slowly buying it back up and if things get out of hand put up big buy walls to prevent it from going lower.

on the other hand, there are many who knowing the situation, are buying bitcoin to take advantage of the situation. and it is not really the first time it happened! take a look at the charts and do some research and you'll see how many times before, there was a big so-called-news about bitcoin and it being dead that caused some down period like this.

the principle of all FUDs are always the same:
- Bitcoin being a Ponzi scheme (2009)
- Bitcoin being hacked and all private keys listed on a website (early years)
- China banning bitcoin (early years then in 2013 then 2015-16-17,...)
- MtGox running away
- M. Hearn bullshit that I can not even remember anymore
- Exchanges being hacked
- China banning bitcoin trading
- China controlling bitcoin and mining
- and the stupidest one of all China rejecting transactions from the rest of the world Cheesy
- ETF rejected
- An altcoin claiming to be replacing bitcoin and report fake huge trade volumes daily and get pumped
- and now FUD about split these days
- something else in the future maybe about hell breaking lose, world war or aliens attack!

they are all the same thing. bitcoin has been under attack from all angles, it is sometimes from those who don't want to see a decentralized currency threaten their very existence or sometimes it is because someone is butthurt and missed a dip.
Even in future,if any one says that aliens are going to attack bitcoin mining farms and so bitcoin price is going to fall,still the panic sellers would immediately start selling their bitcoins.It would happen as routine and big whales would benefit continuosly.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cashew

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:51:34 PM

i would think that the drop from $1100 yesterday to as of this thread is started $950, is a trap for sellers because looking at its popularity, it is not the first time bitcoin being volatile. unless bitcoin price drops to ~$850 within a day, it could be unnecessary to sell your bitcoins for some of the people will buy again.

it is manipulation and when you manipulate you don't want to kill what you have already invested thousands of dollars in. it is only one of the reason why price won't go low a lot because those who dump a big amount of bitcoin at once to make the price drop are slowly buying it back up and if things get out of hand put up big buy walls to prevent it from going lower.

on the other hand, there are many who knowing the situation, are buying bitcoin to take advantage of the situation. and it is not really the first time it happened! take a look at the charts and do some research and you'll see how many times before, there was a big so-called-news about bitcoin and it being dead that caused some down period like this.

- MtGox running away
- Exchanges being hacked
- and the stupidest one of all China rejecting transactions from the rest of the world Cheesy
- ETF rejected
- An altcoin claiming to be replacing bitcoin and report fake huge trade volumes daily and get pumped
- something else in the future maybe about hell breaking lose, world war or aliens attack!

they are all the same thing. bitcoin has been under attack from all angles, it is sometimes from those who don't want to see a decentralized currency threaten their very existence or sometimes it is because someone is butthurt and missed a dip.
Even in future,if any one says that aliens are going to attack bitcoin mining farms and so bitcoin price is going to fall,still the panic sellers would immediately start selling their bitcoins.It would happen as routine and big whales would benefit continuosly.

People generoulsy giving their money to the whales are always the same, so I wonder how they have not stopped going to exchangers being robbed continuously. But after all, if they can get fooled so easily, they must no be very clever, this is a certainity.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:57:35 PM

That is just a trap and nothing real behind this drop so market expert already talking about this drop. So price will be back there  from it dropped.

If it forms out like a shoulder head shoulder just standing on top than the whole manouvre has been futile.
For seriously scaring people away the dip would have been below half of former hill. 950 is not even close to that.

JavaLove

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:28:21 PM

The fact is goodbye to $1,000 above and i think the price right now will still stay at the $1k below..
Much more interesting right now altcoin are getting more higher that honestly we don't experience before..  Look for the dash and ETH was active these days  and the movement is really gives you good profit if you bought them in the cheap price..

I have to disagree with you. The reason for our drop to $1,000 is merely panic among the Bitcoin community because of propaganda being spread by members on the forum and mainstream media such as Yahoo or even Coindesk. This propaganda is that there will be a fork and the Bitcoin community will be split into two parts.

This is clearly absurd. Of course there's no, as of yet, consensus however we are not needing any fork.

People just sold because of the fright of what alt coins may do. Yes, ETH and DASH are high, especially because of Microsofts widespread adoption of it.

However as mentioned, Bitcoin is a catapult. It will go back to higher levels once all FUD surrounding this fork goes away.

OP is right -- this is trap. Price has already risen back to $1050. It will get higher as we approach the next halving point.

▄▄  ▄▄                 
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄             
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀         
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██   
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███               
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀           
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██   
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███           
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:17:57 PM

Do you have any idea what is the reason behind this hard crash?? It's really bad seeing bitcoin in this stage to lose it's "$1000 bottom", the crash of -$310 within few days is drastic and it's really for panic, I'm afraid that the price will not be stable even in the upcoming weeks and who knows what's the next bottom price for bitcoin, too much panic, for real.

Its so afraid. Value is lower than 1000$ now. I do not if this crash continues in upcoming days. Trading will affect a lot than other btc commodities. It was been stable rise from the end of January but now become volatile again.

Trading has already been affected a lot, with the recent bitcoin price crash the other altcoins price and value has been changed dramatically where the price of ETH, Dash and some others has been increased and has motivated the traders to trade more in the top altcoin exchanges by increasing the trading volume in 24h really high, but at the other side the bitcoin trading I believe that has been dropped because of the recent crash and I hope it will increased because many people probably have waited for bitcoin price to go down and buy and invest more in bitcoin.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:37:09 PM

- MtGox running away
- Exchanges being hacked
- ETF rejected

But when eventually one of those criticisms is going to come true and when the market ignores it goes stratospheric regardless, that will be the next major top a la 2013/2014, i.e. when even bad news is ignored then we are in another overconfidence bubble (as of right now we are still in the wall of worry). But I am thinking more in the $5000+ or $10000+ realm (but you should refer to @miscreanity's charting for a better handle on price targets as that is just my gut feeling).
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:44:04 AM

- MtGox running away
- Exchanges being hacked
- ETF rejected
I guess some of the things on your list are fact. ETF rejected is totally true. And I don't wanna be a butthurt. but just try give my opinion about that.

no you just missed the point.
I am talking about the FUD that comes out every now and then. and a good FUD which is also effective uses facts. and each one of these (except the last joke about aliens attack) are using a real fact.
for example the ETF you mentioned was a fact but it has nothing to do with bitcoin. yes it was rejected but nothing in bitcoin changed. if it was accepted it could help a tiny bit to the adoption but its rejection has no effect on the price. the FUD was the groundwork of hundreds of comments saying price will fall to $700 because of its rejection and then the dumping that came after to cause panic.

or for example all the things about China! there are facts in there. China is putting anything bitcoin related under observation (but like any other sane country that is doing the same thing!). Chinese public bank meets with exchanges to talk about how they are working without regulation then you hear FUDsters say "China banned bitcoin" and price falls. that is just stupid!

and right now the same thing is being repeated. a constant spam talking about split and creating a widespread panic and anyone not noticing it will lose the battle.

Only Bitcoin
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:56:32 PM

There is one scenario most people have not considered.

Somebody is attempting to draw BTC away from private wallets and onto the exchanges.

If there is a heist or "hack" being planned, via a known exploit, then the first thing to do is create excitement with the price, and excitement with the altcoins.

This draws BTC onto the exchanges.

As does simulating a crash in BTC. As most sellers keep their fiat funds on the exchange, Mtgox-style.

The most dangerous time as an investor is when you are emotional.

Stay safe, keep your coins off the exchanges as much as possible.
Very wise words in the sea of spam. It is one of the most important things to remember when using Bitcoin (or altcoins): don't have more money on the exchange than you can afford to lose if the exchange bites the dust.

this space is intentionally left blank
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:10:34 AM

IIRC some exchanges hit a bottom of 850 today, not completely sure but I saw a graph of it somewhere. Either way, BTC seems pretty oversold right now and if anything I'd buy a little bit now and see what happens; we've been slowly slipping these last few hours but it won't last forever. I wouldn't sell (HODLing anyways Tongue) as of now, if you're looking for short term profit it isn't happening anyways, might as well just HODL.
You were right in your prediction and the price of bitcoin recovered, not fully but enough so you could have made good profits if you followed your own advice regarding the price of bitcoin.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 05:16:40 PM

I guess it is slowly time for reality check of your call. It is make it or brake it and the next couple of days should give the answer. In my opinion it is not a trap for sellers.

this space is intentionally left blank
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: