Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You all can thank Roger Ver and Jihan Wu for crashing the market  (Read 3660 times)
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:32:32 PM

The market has spoken: The fears of BUcoin altcoin takeover are causing major selloffs.

Bitcoin was doing great, it survived the ETF, quickly regaining composure. It was not only after Jihan Wu, the acne ridden nerd with the mining monopoly, started supporting BUcoin and menacing the network with a hard fork. Roger Ver's propaganda machine and fake BU nodes (as we saw after the BUg) only helped the cause.

Those guys want to be the president and secretary of bitcoin:

Very sad.

Meanwhile, level headed neutral experts such as Andreas, are advocating for the objectively correct solution:

inb4 paid trolls.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4412

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:48:28 PM

gets 2mb+ LOL
native key users will still bloat the bas block so that not many real users can move funds to segwit keys. then they wont be able to use those segwit keys because native base blockers are still ntive base block spamming. meaning hops of 2mb+ are low.. much like 7 years of 7txps...

ya mathematically possible to have both expectations of 2mb data and 7txps.. but reality will show that it wont get that far.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
snook

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:57:16 PM

Bitcoin doing great?  You mean only being in the hands of rich, greedy, mining farms?  how is that doing ok?  Tell me what do THEY do for bitcoin except for lining their own pockets.  Bitcoin wasn't created just so the rich could own most of it.  Control how it moves.   But go ahead and keep shoveling them money.

The greedy rich own fiat.  Now the greedy rich own Bitcoin.  is wasn't supposed to be like this.
nickhiggins123

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:58:22 PM

Where can I track progress of the progress of this fork?
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:05:58 AM

gets 2mb+ LOL
native key users will still bloat the bas block so that not many real users can move funds to segwit keys. then they wont be able to use those segwit keys because native base blockers are still ntive base block spamming. meaning hops of 2mb+ are low.. much like 7 years of 7txps...

ya mathematically possible to have both expectations of 2mb data and 7txps.. but reality will show that it wont get that far.

Reality will show Economic Consensus of BUcoin doesn't work, and it will crash.

Reality will show segwit is the best solution, it solves quadratic problem needed to raise the blocksize properly later on and allows for cool features.

Of course franky1 the bitcointalk expert knows better.
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 12:09:21 AM

Bitcoin doing great?  You mean only being in the hands of rich, greedy, mining farms?  how is that doing ok?  Tell me what do THEY do for bitcoin except for lining their own pockets.  Bitcoin wasn't created just so the rich could own most of it.  Control how it moves.   But go ahead and keep shoveling them money.

The greedy rich own fiat.  Now the greedy rich own Bitcoin.  is wasn't supposed to be like this.
Do you think BU will not be owned by rich?.The same will happen to BU as well after it become as valuable in price as bitcoin is today.
Money begets money after all.Rich become richer because they can buy anything anytime and manipulate them.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:11:44 AM

Bitcoin doing great?  You mean only being in the hands of rich, greedy, mining farms?  how is that doing ok?  Tell me what do THEY do for bitcoin except for lining their own pockets.  Bitcoin wasn't created just so the rich could own most of it.  Control how it moves.   But go ahead and keep shoveling them money.

The greedy rich own fiat.  Now the greedy rich own Bitcoin.  is wasn't supposed to be like this.

CORE gave the pools the vote by going soft.
dont blame the pools

infact thank the pools, the majority is undecided either way and no side is winning.. because the node count is not even adequate/ready for any side.

if core went node first (to ensure users would be ready to accept what pools would produce without orphans).
then pool vote second (when they are confident that their blocks wont get orphaned.. to flag more easily for a popular proposal..)
thy would have had a better chance

its logic.

if you know ur wife is gonna kick you out if you come home with another girl on your arm.. do you still go ahead and do it.... no.
you either find out if your wife will accept an open relationship first. or you just dont bring the new girlfriend home.

you dont be foolish and show the intention to cheat and then bring the girl home hoping the wife responds positively..

core went wrong by telling the pools its ok to play around, without addressing what the wife at home may think first

secondly jihan only represents LESS THAN 16% of hashrate (not al of the 16% is his)

thirdly blaming the 45% undecided and the 15% non jihan group against segwit.. on jihan. is a laugh

sgwit only has 26%.. not 84%..

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
aarturka

Activity: 277

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:18:39 AM

We need UASF as fast as possible to get rid of stupid Jihan and sneaky Ver. UASF will show chinese miners that they are not owners of Bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:30:23 AM

it solves quadratic problem needed to raise the blocksize properly later on and allows for cool features.

reality check...
NO it does not..

to have people only doing linear transactions. they have to move funds over to segwit keys which then disarms from those funds from quadratics.
it does not disarm the network. it just disarms the people that voluntarily move funds to segwit tx keys.

sigop spammers will not move funds to segwit keys. and segwit cannot lock out native tx's from being used, thus the sigop problem is not fixed.
native users gonna continue spamming.

snook

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:50:57 AM

guys,  please I'm for ANYTHING that will get bitcoin back to where it's supposed to be.  If that means the price plummeting so the hobbyist can buy again .....than so be it.

Something...Anything...  it can't keep going like this. 

Why did we let the "rich" take over?  Bitcoin was supposed to be for EVERYONE!!!  Undecided

sorry maybe not the right thread...   
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:12:33 AM

I only became aware of this proposal today. Now I see why alt coins are going up so much.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 04:39:24 AM

I only became aware of this proposal today. Now I see why alt coins are going up so much.

Me too I thought it's just another altcoin in the making I will be following their announcement thread but hey people are treating this as a scam project or just a big joke,because we all know April fool's day is coming,very interesting development.

RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:42:55 AM

no i am actually thanking you and other people like you who spread this like a plague everywhere Cheesy

those people did what they did and it was over and nothing had happened, you people on the other hand started making them bigger than they actually are, add some FUD in the meanwhile, talk about how split is "imminent" and other bullshit like that and all the while the hashrate is still very low.

all this FUD led to the crash not what those two idiots you named actually did.

Buying the dip...
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:54:31 AM

If it's supposed to be the developers decision the only ones deciding the fate of the network then why not going into other coins? seems like people already doing this.
On the other hand it is the perfect time to buy and accumulate because when bitcoin comes out of this storm we might never see such cheap prices again.

🖤😏
jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 05:19:49 AM

I don't know what Roger is looking for , you should just stick to pumping of Dash, I have seen so many BU supporters shouting SegWit will turn Bitcoin into Altcoins, there is no one person in the space that has benefited from Altcoin more than Roger, you can continue to name so many Altcoins project he is involved with. You can't serve two masters.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:33:16 AM

I don't know what Roger is looking for , you should just stick to pumping of Dash, I have seen so many BU supporters shouting SegWit will turn Bitcoin into Altcoins, there is no one person in the space that has benefited from Altcoin more than Roger, you can continue to name so many Altcoins project he is involved with. You can't serve two masters.

I think DASH pump not related to bitcoin unlimited and roger ver, jihan wu
but ussualy if ussualy bitcoin price down all altcoin can incraese price, execept ethereum bitcoin price down, follow down price too

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:36:19 AM

Is that why it's crashing? I was wondering what happened. I thought the Chinese probably got tired of Bitcoin and moved on to a new game of chance. 

Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:11:44 AM

All of this tech stuff is still confusing to me. So what if this BU thing pulls through, would they make a new coin of their own, using their own system? Coz what I'm taking from this is that it would be a new coin (we get to keep our btc) but it would split the miner, with some miners going on as usual and the others starting to mine this new alt.

Bitcoin doing great?  You mean only being in the hands of rich, greedy, mining farms?  how is that doing ok?  Tell me what do THEY do for bitcoin except for lining their own pockets.  Bitcoin wasn't created just so the rich could own most of it.  Control how it moves.   But go ahead and keep shoveling them money.

The greedy rich own fiat.  Now the greedy rich own Bitcoin.  is wasn't supposed to be like this.
Satoshi created this unmatchable bitcoin.Every one taking benefit of it and no one wants to solve the arising problems and work for the development of bitcoin.Very sad to see such a situation.

True. It feels like I just got to a party but then someone called the police and so I have to leave immediately without even having at least a cup.
K128kevin2

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:14:28 AM

Where can I track progress of the progress of this fork?
http://coin.dance/ has statistics on the node count (checks version string for core, unlimited, xt, classic) and on the version bits in mined blocks.
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 09:21:43 AM

A lot of people - both part of Bitcoin core and not - seem to have forgotten the entire purpose behind Bitcoin.

It is awesome that the interest in and value of Bitcoin has climbed the way it has. But that is not its only purpose.
For far longer than I am comfortable with, it's been all about the climb, climb, climb and less about making sure
that the Bitcoin network can handle the increased transaction level that ongoing interest and mainstreaming is
going to cause.

The fact that TX fees are rivaling those of PAYPAL in terms of highway robbery-ness is appalling.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: