Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:39:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Netflix Executive Wants Bitcoin as Global Currency, Considers It Cost-Effective  (Read 2970 times)
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 03:53:40 PM

This is  i guess just a speculation but still a thing  for us to consider. I  my self is going to love this thing because i am really a fun of watching latest movies as one of way of releasing a stressful day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 03:57:36 PM

This is  i guess just a speculation but still a thing  for us to consider. I  my self is going to love this thing because i am really a fun of watching latest movies as one of way of releasing a stressful day.

yeah, this would e good and many of bitcoin users would love it if it happens. and will definitely start spending bitcoin.

i just hope more of these type of popular services start accepting bitcoin in their business so we get more options.

to the moon with bitcoin...
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 05:07:31 PM

yeah, this would e good and many of bitcoin users would love it if it happens. and will definitely start spending bitcoin.

i just hope more of these type of popular services start accepting bitcoin in their business so we get more options.

Yes but for now assuming is really not the thing haha we might just end up into false speculations but yeah we will just continue supporting this kind of plans. All we have to do right now is to wait aff.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 10:19:09 PM

Yes but for now assuming is really not the thing haha we might just end up into false speculations but yeah we will just continue supporting this kind of plans. All we have to do right now is to wait aff.

I think this is already confirmed report haha If not, still its a good move for netflix. Another option to accept bitcoin is also a good publicity for bitcoin and some subscriber will be curious.

Open for Campaigns
UltrA1

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

In Real World Use for Crypto We Trust!!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 05:14:57 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2016, 01:16:45 AM by UltrA1

Might of taken a bit of time but I am happy to announce https://www.ipayyou.io/ actually sells "Netflix Gift Cards" for Bitcoin.
They have added it to the impressive line up for us all to enjoy. Thanks to a short conversation we had. Figured It wont hurt to let you know here in full transparency.

Jeff, thank you for your proposal.
Let me review it and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime – based on our conversation, we have added Netflix … so you can effectively buy Netflix subscriptions with bitcoin effective immediately!  
Let me know if your audience would be particularly interested in this offer.
Check it out on https://iPayYou.io.
Let me know what you think,

Gene Kavner, CEO
https://iPayYou.io

As you see they have included Netflix to an impressive line up of Starbucks, Best Buy, and Itunes Gift Cards.
I do plan to continuue and help them by adding a few more real world uses for bitcoin with giftcards that our audience has shown expressed interest in seeing for Bitcoin.
But that's not all, send bitcoin over Twitter, or E-mail with https://iPayYou.io
Nice rounded system, as I've tested it out. Now that they have added Netflix, don't you think?

You are more then welcome to say Thank You to Mr Gene Kavner, CEO of https://iPayYou.io for adding Netflix if any of this helps you out.
Also add https://twitter.com/Ultra1 and tweet thanks, better yet say thanks https://twitter.com/iPayYouWallet <-Here
Last but not least be sure to catch the Latest Bitcoin News and Interviews on http://bitcointalkradio.com/ when your not enjoying the show!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 06:05:27 PM

Might of taken a bit of time but I am happy to announce https://www.ipayyou.io/ actually sells "Netflix Gift Cards" for Bitcoin.

In the meantime – based on our conversation, we have added Netflix … so you can effectively buy Netflix subscriptions with bitcoin effective immediately!  
Let me know if your audience would be particularly interested in this offer.
Check it out on https://iPayYou.io.
Let me know what you think,

Since the news has long been discussed but has not yet become a reality, need third party to added Netflix and accepted bitcoin such a good move imho. I'm wondering why it takes so long for them to have bitcoin as legal currency that people can pay for netflix subscriptions and use globally especially in developing countries.
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 06:24:57 PM

For instance, users from underbanked countries such as Argentina and India or users under the age of 18 that illegible for bank and credit card applications can purchase a variety of gift cards from physical locations such as gasoline stations and convenience stores to pay for Netflix services.
Finally someone mentioned and admit that standard FIAT payments can be more crooked and problematic that cryptocurrency payments.

Netflix is actively looking into Bitcoin payments due to increasing cases of fraud and criminal activity revolving around gift and prepaid card payments.
This kind of fraud will continue as long as credit card will be used.  Carding is so popular and hard to deal with that bitcoin might be a real solution this time.

Ya finally someone realized huh, I hate charge backs. Let's try bitcoin. It's an obvious choice to us but obviously their customers won't understand what bitcoins are for a long time. I'm already sick of trying to explain it to people and I'm relatively new to the scene if you look at the big picture.
topesis

Activity: 630

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 06:41:48 PM

I understand speaking about Bitcoins would gain a lot of traction for the executive, but it's better if Netflix atleast considers implementing Bitcoins as a form of payment since this would enable most of us to pay using it. But I'm sure there will be a lot of clauses in their terms and Content restrictions country wise which could be the reason that they wouldn't want anyone to pay using Bitcoins yet, cause the IP could be masked and identity as well and Bitcoin could aid that, and this wouldn't be something that they'd be happy about.

I agree with you, even if they started accepting BTC for payment for their services, they KYC will expose customers identity and also will be able to track customers IP address
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:54:53 AM

I'm thirsty for this mate. Is there anyone on here that know the latest scoop concern the Netflix Executive wanting Bitcoin as global currency?

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:22:42 AM

That will be a really good news for bitcoin users that are netflix subscribers if it happens. I love netflix and im a bitcoin user. Now, if they accept bitcoin as payment. It will be more convenient for me because i dont wanna go for any authorized netflix agent to pay for bills. But im sure they will use third party for this. Since other companies using third party also to convert btc to cash. I think that will be their system. But still its a good new to us.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:33:14 AM

It's definitely cost-effective however I don't know if it really is that good when it comes to going out and making a case from it being a global currency. As an efficient means of international fiat trade sure, but it's far from being a viable currency for use with many other things in normal life.

He's right in a way, but I don't know if he uses it enough to understand that.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:21:46 AM

I can't see this option in my country. They give you a free month as trial so anyone test it and they ask about your credit card or paypal account. Additionally there is not as option the usage of prepaid cards. After that if you don't stop use their service they start to charge you using this card.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:33:35 AM

At the Citi Internet, Media & Telecommunications conference, Netflix chief financial officer David Wells expressed his optimism towards Bitcoin, and how it is shaping to become the global currency of most major industries.

According to Market Realist, a prominent investment research establishment which covered the event, Wells stated:

“It sure would be nice to have Bitcoin in terms of a global currency that you could use globally.”

Why Netflix is Interested in Bitcoin

As MR researcher Shirley Pelts explained in a 5-part series entitled “Tools in Netflix's Wheelhouse to Meet International Challenges,” Netflix is actively looking into Bitcoin payments due to increasing cases of fraud and criminal activity revolving around gift and prepaid card payments.

In contrast to many streaming and digital content distribution networks, Netflix has provided both its users and content creators with a wide range of payment options, outside the traditional field of banking and credit card payments.

For instance, users from underbanked countries such as Argentina and India or users under the age of 18 that illegible for bank and credit card applications can purchase a variety of gift cards from physical locations such as gasoline stations and convenience stores to pay for Netflix services.

In June 2015, Libran Research & Consulting and prepaid commerce solution provider CashStar, co-released a study entitled “Gift Cards Through the Eyes of Consumer,” to analyze the ecosystem and industry surrounding gift card distribution.

In its research, the two firms stated that gift card sales surpassed the $129 bln margin in 2015, emphasizing its rapid growth compared to other conventional payment tools including credit and debit card services.

However, like many other financial tools, a rapid increase in growth also relates to an increasing number of fraud cases, due to the emergence of hackers and criminals trying to bypass the system.

Security veteran and cryptography expert, Tony Martin-Vegue wrote in a study that bypassing gift card security and essentially double spending its balance is not a difficult operation and can be completed with fairly shallow knowledge of security.

“This type of fraud is fairly low-level and does not result in a huge loss to the merchant, but is quite a shock to the customer when the recipient of a gift card tries to redeem it and finds that the balance is zero,” cutives/risk-management/gift-card-fraud-how-its-committed-and-why-its-so-lucrative/]stated Martin-Vegue.

As a response, the Netflix financial team and CFO David Wells are looking into Bitcoin, which can be considered as a more practical and cost-efficient alternative to gift cards.

https[Suspicious link removed]cutive-wants-bitcoin-as-global-currency-considers-it-cost-effective

This is a welcome news even though it's old, I am sure this will take time, and they just can't start it over night. But when ever they choose to do, they shall make a killing for it. Netflix is the most popular content and that starts accepting Bitcoin, the value of Bitcoin will surge along with its popularity. Looking forward to this happening in 2017
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 02:37:14 PM

That will be a really good news for bitcoin users that are netflix subscribers if it happens. I love netflix and im a bitcoin user. Now, if they accept bitcoin as payment. It will be more convenient for me because i dont wanna go for any authorized netflix agent to pay for bills. But im sure they will use third party for this. Since other companies using third party also to convert btc to cash. I think that will be their system. But still its a good new to us.
Yes, in deed a good news and someone was saying this bitcoin not a currency.I am glad to see this kind of thread. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: