Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:01:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Restore Wallet - Merge, Overwrite Failure  (Read 547 times)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:34:05 PM

I'm running it manually and once that completes, I close it and run Armory. That has worked fine in the past.

Yeah, I have had that work...and not work

If it was me I would try

>unchecking "Let Armory run Bitcoin Core/bitcoind in the background" under file/settings

>dealing with your pathing in your shortcut properties (as those fields under file/settings will now be grayed out)

>close armory, check for armoryDB.exe in task manager and kill it if it is still running

>delete armory\databases folder

>start Bitcoin Core, let it fully sync and leave it running (this is the part that I mean when I say "running manually")

>with Core still running start Armory with your properly pathed shortcut

>wait patiently while the DB gets built, it takes a good while

but I'm pretty new here, you may want to wait for one of the more experienced folks to chime in.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Craners (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:00:45 PM

Thanks Jojo, that worked.

I also updated to 96.4 RC3, from here - https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.96.3.992

and I did the node offline trick mentioned here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2784589.msg30147298#msg30147298
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 4386

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:04:13 AM

WOOHOOOO!!!

you sir are MY FIRST SUCCESSFUL TROUBLE TICKET!

Grin

I did it I did it I did it /dances around waving arms/

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: