Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:36:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Unlimited should succeed  (Read 572 times)
chopstick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:07:44 PM

I do believe Core cannot be trusted for any reason and that Segwit is a poison pill at this point.

The censorship on r/bitcoin and shady tactics employed by Core... I do not think they can be trusted. These people are devoid of any ethics or morals. Not only do they refuse to compromise, EVER, but they seem more interested in proving themselves right and satisfying their pathetic little egos than improving bitcoin or addressing the needs of the community.

Besides, Satoshi always thought we should scale on-chain. I tend to trust Satoshi. 1mb is beyond ridiculous. Off-chain solutions should be a supplemental options, a choice you can use if you WANT to, not forced onto us all by an artificial blocksize limit.

The pre-mature "fee market" forced by Core is making it very difficult for BTC to compete with Visa, MC, paypal, western union, etc. This is unacceptable.

It's also making it impossible for BTC to be used by a certain percentage of the world's poor - in some instances fees are higher than what these people make in a day. For them, they need to be able to use BTC as a currency even if they will never hold a significant amount.

And finally on top of all this, the artificial 1mb limit and Core's refusal to remove it has restricted the growth of Bitcoin's userbase and market cap, it has kept the price down and millions upon millions of $$$ are flooding into altcoins as a result. This has practically forced the rise of Ethereum, Monero and Dash.

Not good.

Bitcoin Unlimited is the only way to go at this point.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:17:49 PM

BUGcoin is a mistake, it doesn't work. Core + segwit is the way to go. Blocksize increases come after quadratic hashing problem has been fixed thanks to segwit + we get all the benefits that come with it. Core devs never claimed to have 1MB for life, but things must be done conservatively to avoid BUGs like the ones in BUGcoin.

Unfortuantely, "flexible blocksize" approach is a fatal mistake. It sounds good on the surface, doesn't work in practice. All experts agree.

The pre-mature "fee market" forced by Core is making it very difficult for BTC to compete with Visa, MC, paypal, western union, etc. This is unacceptable.

Bitcoin will never compete against those centralized payment networks on-chain. Why is this so hard to understand for big blockers?
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:37:23 PM

Bitcoin will never compete against those centralized payment networks on-chain. Why is this so hard to understand for big blockers?

Greg Maxwell , in 2011, seemed to think a sensible blend of on-chain and off-chain, chosen freely by the market could compete with legacy payment systems.  Funny how times change, right?

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:41:51 PM

Interesting tweets by Andreas. That being said by him, why don't Core's devs and BU's devs join to make a good QA? Since devs 1000x better at coding don't exist...
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:42:37 PM

Why is this so hard to understand 1 MB onchain size is not enought for offchain solutions eihter? The lighting network (LN)  mentions onchain size must be over 100 MB for lighting network to function properly if Bitcoin is widely adopted.

Even Bitcoin Unlimited has 32 MB cap, so "unlimited" is misleading. Core had enough time to deliver onchain scalling, but they failed because infiltrated with BlockStream idea to cripple Bitcoin and sell sidechain solutions - this is unacceptable. Bitcoin needs both, onchain and offchain scalings, so they can compete for user fees in free market.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:33:29 PM

Greg Maxwell , in 2011, seemed to think a sensible blend of on-chain and off-chain, chosen freely by the market could compete with legacy payment systems.  Funny how times change, right?

I don't understand - isn't that the same thing he's supporting today, assuming he's supporting the Core roadmap?

I've seen occasional comments from BU supporters that they are personally open to off-chain transactions, but they don't get to vote once the miners take power if BU succeeds. And I don't see any openness to off-chain TX among the miners at all. Since off-chain TX means no income for miners, it is not surprising they would favor keeping TX on-chain as much as possible.

But I'd like to see how that works if adoption increases 100X today. Things can't scale on-chain forever based on current storage trends. I'm not sure appealing to Satoshi helps either - he had no awareness of cryptographically secure off-chain options like the LN when he was active, only the use of trusted 3rd parties. Unless I'm overlooking something in what he wrote.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 06:47:26 PM

Bitcoin isn't even in the same game as Visa PayPal etc. The exchanges offer multi-coin facilities are their competition.

I've watched the developed of the arguments over the last few months without having a great deal of technical expertise. At the moment I equate Unlimited with Obama, I'm just waiting for the discovery of Russian hackers, I think we already have the wall. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:02:11 PM

Greg Maxwell , in 2011, seemed to think a sensible blend of on-chain and off-chain, chosen freely by the market could compete with legacy payment systems.  Funny how times change, right?

I don't understand - isn't that the same thing he's supporting today, assuming he's supporting the Core roadmap?

Of course not.  A 1mb maximum blocksize does not offer on-chain scaling, which is what we've been stuck with for years while they rejected every reasonable proposal.  Now they offer SW, an extremely complicated, bloated solution with centralized, limited on-chain scaling.  Too little too late, which is why you're seeing BU populist movement.

FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:05:07 PM

I do believe Core cannot be trusted for any reason and that Segwit is a poison pill at this point.

The censorship on r/bitcoin and shady tactics employed by Core... I do not think they can be trusted. These people are devoid of any ethics or morals. Not only do they refuse to compromise, EVER, but they seem more interested in proving themselves right and satisfying their pathetic little egos than improving bitcoin or addressing the needs of the community.

Besides, Satoshi always thought we should scale on-chain. I tend to trust Satoshi. 1mb is beyond ridiculous. Off-chain solutions should be a supplemental options, a choice you can use if you WANT to, not forced onto us all by an artificial blocksize limit.

It's also making it impossible for BTC to be used by a certain percentage of the world's poor - in some instances fees are higher than what these people make in a day. For them, they need to be able to use BTC as a currency even if they will never hold a significant amount.

And finally on top of all this, the artificial 1mb limit and Core's refusal to remove it has restricted the growth of Bitcoin's userbase and market cap, it has kept the price down and millions upon millions of $$$ are flooding into altcoins as a result. This has practically forced the rise of Ethereum, Monero and Dash.

Not good.

Bitcoin Unlimited is the only way to go at this point.

Dude, I just checked your post history, you been shilling against core since February 12, 2016, 08:33:49. What happened? Was this the date you bought this account or got your first paid shill gig? Did someone from core butthurt you on that date?

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
chopstick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:27:11 AM

^^^Damn, has it been a whole year since I realized Core was Fucked in the head?

Yeah, I guess my opinions haven't changed. Actually, they've gotten worse, Core is clearly in cahoots with some dark forces that wish to control bitcoin. All of the business connections to Bilderberg & AXA strategic ventures - and the Goldman & Sachs bankers behind them - Have been exposed. There has been no denial on that one.

I haven't spent a whole year here bothering with it, actually, I only post here every couple of months out of boredom.

You would think if I were a paid shill I would at-least use a signature ad...

Soon it will be a non-issue anyway when Core finally gets shown the door, so I'll have no need to post here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: