Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:08:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a rig?  (Read 525 times)
BringBTC (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:39:58 PM

I have plans on building a mining rig. I will try to get all the components second hand in order to get them for a decent price.

I have some questions tho:

1. Can the CPU or mobo bottleneck the hashrate of the GPU?

2. Why are BFL not just sitting on their ASICs and mining just by themselves and become millionares?

3. What is gonna happen with BTC in the next year? ASIC will probably be released soon (how soon?) and then the value of BTC will drop (time to buy BTC?) and normal GPU miners will have to stop mining because the difficulty will be too high compared to the electrical billing. When ASICs are released, the rich people will buy farms of ASICs and own the whole BTC mining market and ear shitloads of money?

Damn!
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:45:25 PM

Building a GPU rig for mining bitcoin is a waste of money now.  You will want to make sure you have card(s) that can mine alt cryptos as well.

Bitcoin difficulty is going to jump a lot in the near future.
raubaut

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:45:45 PM

2. Why are BFL not just sitting on their ASICs and mining just by themselves and become millionares?

The boiler-plate response to this is that the people who got richest during the gold rush were the ones selling shovels.

Consider an analogous question: why didn't Satoshi just mine every last Bitcoin for himself?
BringBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:46:28 PM

Building a GPU rig for mining bitcoin is a waste of money now.  You will want to make sure you have card(s) that can mine alt cryptos as well.

Bitcoin difficulty is going to jump a lot in the near future.

Yea... What is alt cryptos? Alternative cryptographies? Means what?
BringBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:47:33 PM

The boiler-plate response to this is that the people who got richest during the gold rush were the ones selling shovels.

Consider an analogous question: why didn't Satoshi just mine every last Bitcoin for himself?

Where can I read about that? I can not believe that's true.
vince1715

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:49:11 PM

Unless you have specialized equipment then I wouldn't waste time trying to mine with how high the difficulty is now.
vvhiteknight

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:05:55 PM

Mine ltc, avoid btc.

Check out the Youtube Channel Coin Central for Crypto related Tips, Tricks, Tutorials and News.

http://tinyurl.com/CoinCentral
hidziugas

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:19:33 PM

Yeah mine LTC, or some of the new coins
vvhiteknight

Activity: 111

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:27:42 PM

Feathercoin is looking promising, some people selling ftc for silly money

Check out the Youtube Channel Coin Central for Crypto related Tips, Tricks, Tutorials and News.

http://tinyurl.com/CoinCentral
solidshotnosh

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:30:56 PM

You should read ALOT more before just trying to throw some cards on a mobo and mining.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:40:03 PM

Because without transactions themselves occurring... (eg, money being exchanged for coin, and coin being exchanged for money, and coin being exchanged for coin... there is no value.)

Thus, had he mined them himself, with his own computer, he would have just wasted power, not had any transactions (because he could not have processed the trillions of transactions himself), and the coins would have no value, except to him, as debit.

The market is self regulating....

The ASIC creators ARE mining themselves... they are getting the money from OUR SALES of PREORDERS, to build the machines. I am sure they are building ONE for themselves, for every ONE being sold. Create two, keep the best for yourself, sell the other, create another, keep the best for yourself, create another... In the end, they will have a horde of mammoth machines, selling us the mini-machines, spread-out all over the place. The market will regulate itself, and then there will be no more "new coins" to be found, only "transactions to process" which we simply "reject" if they don't start adding a "process fee" to the transactions. (A fee that covers expenses of these super machines.)
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:52:05 PM

If you want to make more money... from bitcoins...

Cteate services that accept bitcoins... Buy/Sell bitcoins directly... Create a LOCAL exchange... Convince others to USE bitcoins...

Create ANY form of a "Trusted" exchange, and you will thrive more than any mining-operation. (People want TRUST, if you offer it, you have a never-ending supply. Until you bteak that trust, or dishonor it.)

That is what keeps the value of bitcoin rising and stable. Theft and deception only devalues it. Obvioulsy, theft and deception is decreasing, but still exists, thus, all the horrible fluctuations. But it does not dominate, because the market has never crashed. It was built with GREAT anti-trust protection, so adding TRUST is easy.
Tobius

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:02:00 PM

Feathercoin is looking promising, some people selling ftc for silly money

Seriously have no idea why
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: