Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:03:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTU will become BTC -- face these facts or get left behind  (Read 1809 times)
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:28:41 AM

People laughed at me when I said litecoin and ripple was trash and that Ethereum would be a alt coin major exchanges adapt.

Not sure why anyone would be against BTU but you better bet it WILL be BTC, trying to make it an "alt coin" is idiotic, period.

Bitcoin is about the FUTURE and needs to constantly change/adapt -- not stay an old grandpa who gives old used washed up bad advice.

Please get with the times people, and stop trying to live in the past.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PseudoCode

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:30:45 AM

Evidence or Support for your uninformed opinion presented as if its Fact ?

Oh, none... unsurprising
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:34:19 AM

Oh, none... unsurprising

Called having vision and being a forward thinker.

Also you can read all about BTU and you should already be well-informed of the BTC issues by now. You are on these forums, so that is a great start.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 03:37:29 AM

BTU allows larger block sizes, correct?

As time goes one the Bitocoin blockchain will need to accommodate greater volume of transactions and greater size of transactions. What's so scary about this inevitable future that people are afraid to make the leap today?
PseudoCode

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:42:47 AM

I know more about Bitcoin that you might realise.  Ive been here since early 2011..  (under another name) and seen plenty of self-proclaimed experts "with vision" predicting plenty of things that never happened.

So "think-forwards" all you like, it doesnt change the *fact that most exchanges have already agreed that BU will be an alt-coin
Your unsupported opinion contradicts proven facts and therefore has no validity.

Whether or not BU is needed, or even if it is the correct solution is irrelevant.. 
the BU team is trying to *force the adoption of their solution by weight of hashing power and therefore fails to garner my support.
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:44:36 AM

I know more about Bitcoin that you might realise.  Ive been here since early 2011..  (under another name) and seen plenty of self-proclaimed experts "with vision" predicting plenty of things that never happened.

So "think-forwards" all you like, it doesnt change the *fact that most exchanges have already agreed that BU will be an alt-coin
Your unsupported opinion contradicts proven facts and therefore has no validity.

Whether or not BU is needed, or even if it is the correct solution is irrelevant.. 
the BU team is trying to *force the adoption of their solution by weight of hashing power and therefore fails to garner my support.

Man you sure do need to read.  Roll Eyes
PseudoCode

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:45:39 AM

Sez You.

OK, Mr Professional-googler. please point me at some evidence supporting your claims.
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:52:58 AM

@ProfessionalGoogler

It appears you may want to change Bitcoin slightly into something that it isn't?

I wonder what your opinions would be on a post I put up not too long ago titled: Hacks & puppets & forks - how to destroy bitcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1834310.msg18256120#msg18256120

You've received a bit of a speculative reaction so far.

Interesting, no?

ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:03:08 AM

Sez You.

OK, Mr Professional-googler. please point me at some evidence supporting your claims.

Oh, none... unsurprising

Also you can read all about BTU and you should already be well-informed of the BTC issues by now. You are on these forums, so that is a great start.
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:09:33 AM

When the fork happens price will drop dramatically. This will be a great buy opportunity before BU maintains dominance and the price skyrockets, which would have already happened naturally if Bankerstream Core hadn't restricted the blocksize to 1mb for so long.

Really we should all be thanking Core for keeping the price down for so long, honestly. If you like accumulating cheap coins that is.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:11:20 AM

BTU becoming the future BTC is not at all gonna happen. Bitcoin Unlimited have  become the talk and speculative subject from few days back. This caused a downfall to bitcoin price to much deep and now it is expected to start the recovery phase and start growing defeating BTU.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 04:22:01 AM

BTU becoming the future BTC is not at all gonna happen. Bitcoin Unlimited have  become the talk and speculative subject from few days back. This caused a downfall to bitcoin price to much deep and now it is expected to start the recovery phase and start growing defeating BTU.

Great, why?

Your opinion is only as good as your reasoning. Not trying to sound like an ass here, but a little more thought would add to the discussion, otherwise revises your first comment to say something like "No."
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:22:36 AM

+1. This. As the threat of probability of any of these gimmicky undermining ideas goes down, the bitcoin price will go higher. If these gimmicky ideas gain more traction to undermining what bitcoin is, which is a store of value, then the bitcoin price would fall.

Bitcoin is strong because its permission-less, decentralized, immutable, developed, and its 1mb blocksize FIGHTS consolidated power or centralization.

ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:45:50 AM

Bitcoin IS bugged/flawed in its current state for processing transactions.

Simple as that.

But OK, watch when it happens you'll have nothing to say.  Roll Eyes

Typical grandpa trying to give old school advice that doesn't work for the now and future.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:02:30 AM

If you think the chit-chat on this forum controls price, you're nuts.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
FiendCoin

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:44:55 AM

If you think the chit-chat on this forum controls price, you're nuts.

I'm sure some people are influenced by the things said on bitcointalk.org

How that transfers into price movement or anything else I don't know.

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:00:23 AM

I think it is all personal thought of the OP he is thinking to replace BTC with BTU. It sounds so funny imagine what could be happen if that happen but in reality it wouldn't. BTU will be an altcoin and can't get any advantage by the popularity of the BTC.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:04:35 AM

Nope. I thought most exchanges agreed that they would use BTU as an altcoin instead of BTC.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:48:04 AM

Bitcoin IS bugged/flawed in its current state for processing transactions.

And Bitcoin Unlimited is even worse. You don't understand the technology, game theory, and economics of unlimited blocks.
Seansky

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:41:28 AM

Right now in this forum some thinks that btu will become BTC some dont but for me what matters is that I can make money with both so for the mean time I will use both BTU and BTC. According to bitcoinmagazine.com "A group of major exchanges, including Bitfinex, Kraken, Bitstamp, BTCC and others, announced at Mar 17, 2017 that coins on the Bitcoin Unlimited branch will be considered a new asset." Therefore BTU is just considered a new asset/altcoin and not BTC itself.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:24:36 AM

Every week new sensations and FUDs to drive the price either up or down. Seems like Bitcoin never has a chance to calm.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:08:17 PM

Stop imitating kwukduck. If there happens to be an unsuccessful fork, then people can't get left behind because everything they have within the Core chain, will also be there in the BU chain.

Other than that, even noobs realize that something needs to be done, but that 'something' isn't BU. Why on earth would we let an outsider as BU take over everything? You are just looking for sensation. Keep shilling!

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:44:45 PM

People laughed at me when I said litecoin and ripple was trash and that Ethereum would be a alt coin major exchanges adapt.

Not sure why anyone would be against BTU but you better bet it WILL be BTC, trying to make it an "alt coin" is idiotic, period.

Bitcoin is about the FUTURE and needs to constantly change/adapt -- not stay an old grandpa who gives old used washed up bad advice.

BTU would never and ever become BTC.Your wish could become true only in your dream.Bitcoin has started to recover in its price.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:27:52 PM

ProfessionalGoogler, maybe you should google a little more. All this can do is cause chaos and panic, not the future of Bitcoin.

BU is inherently flawd, IF it get's a majority by lying and hyping as they do now it will be temporarily as the system fundamentally can not work. Others have explained this in detail, google it...

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
barrymac

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:23:49 PM

Fixing bugs in bitcoin is THE FUTURE , like transaction malleability for example, included in the segwit core update.

P2SH transactions are the future, helped greatly by segwit

easily upgradeable bitcoin script is the future, enabled by fixing transaction malleability, enabled by segwit

new signature types are the future, enabled by the segwit patch

sidechains are the future, allowing free experimentation without messing with the main chain, enabled by segwit

allowing high throughput sidechain networks is also a good thing to have in future, enabled by segwit

These are some reasons among many others why the community at large particularly the more knowledgeable in the sector is on the side of the Core upgrade.

It's only the miners who want to earn from a fee market that are on a propaganda mission to convince the turkeys to vote for Christmas.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:21:25 PM

Every week new sensations and FUDs to drive the price either up or down. Seems like Bitcoin never has a chance to calm.
It will be always that way I think since many are spreading fuds just for them to control the price and for them to profit. For them, it doesn't matter whether if BTU will become BTC or not, what matters for them is that they will profit on price movements and also if BTU really succeeded they'll profit too so let them be its up to the readers to believe them or not though.
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:56:14 AM

It will be always that way I think since many are spreading fuds just for them to control the price and for them to profit. For them, it doesn't matter whether if BTU will become BTC or not, what matters for them is that they will profit on price movements and also if BTU really succeeded they'll profit too so let them be its up to the readers to believe them or not though.

For me it matters that BTC continues to progress towards updates/fixes, not lagging behind.  Roll Eyes
NaziShamzi

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:19:22 AM

Oh, none... unsurprising

Hitler had a vision and was also a forward thinker. Don't think that worked out too well for him. Either provide evidence or go eat some dirt.
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:26:54 AM

Oh, none... unsurprising

Hitler had a vision and was also a forward thinker. Don't think that worked out too well for him. Either provide evidence or go eat some dirt.

If you think hitler was a forward thinker, then you need to re-evaluate life.  Roll Eyes
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:18:52 AM

That is what they are trying to do no doubt about that but whether they get that or not is another story entirely since the developers seem like they are going to resist to the end.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: