Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:12:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON?  (Read 27819 times)
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 07:11:31 AM

My Baikals running on SGMINER 4.9.4. are also running good.its image is on Baikalminer website.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1GBwN5-i39VbDM0ZW4wTlU4OWc

i was under the impression that the giants have a 4gb card only, how does the 8gb image work for them?
the 3.0 image is the 5.X image, right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:11:50 AM

My Baikals running on SGMINER 4.9.4. are also running good.its image is on Baikalminer website.

i was under the impression that the giants have a 4gb card only, how does the 8gb image work for them?

I am talking about my Quads. 8GB. By the way if I were you try this version, same controller and same chips for hashing what the hack.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

brizio71

Activity: 456

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:09:06 AM

I have talk with bikalminer on skype, they told me that the miner was available but when I try to but from http://www.baikalminer.com/ but I get out of stock message.

Is the bikalminer account on skype fake ?

Please let me know

thx

▄▄███████▄▄       ▐█     █▌         ██          ▐██████▄▄       ▐██████▄          ██         ▐█▄        █▌    ███████▌
 ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄     ▐█     █▌        █▌▐█         ▐█   ▀▀██▄     ▐█   ▀█▌        █▌▐█        ▐███▄      █▌       █▌   
▐██▌        ▐██▌    ▐█     █▌       ██  ██        ▐█      ▐█▌    ▐█   ▄█▌       ██  ██       ▐█ ▀██▄    █▌       █▌   
███          ███    ▐█     █▌      ██   ██       ▐█       ██    ▐██████▀       ██   ██      ▐█   ▀██▄   █▌       █▌   
▐██▌   ██▄   ▐██▌    ▐█     █▌     ██████████      ▐█      ▐█▌    ▐█▀██▄        ██████████     ▐█    ▀██▄ █▌       █▌   
 ▀███▄▄ ▀██▄ ▀█▀     ▐█▄   ▄█▌    ██       ██     ▐█   ▄▄██▀     ▐█  ▀██▄     ██       ██    ▐█      ▀███▌       █▌   
   ▀▀█████▀██▄        ▀██████▀    ██         ██    ▐██████▀▀       ▐█   ▀█▌   ██         ██   ▐█        ▀█▌       █▌   
           ▀▀▀

A Blueprint for Mapping Decentralized Data

Telegram             Twitter             Medium             LinkedIn
██
██
██
██
██

Data Stamping
Constellation Creation
Enriched data and services
██
██
██
██
██

With Quadrant, any form of

Data can be Authenticated.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:04:04 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 11:14:41 AM by Searing

I have talk with bikalminer on skype, they told me that the miner was available but when I try to but from http://www.baikalminer.com/ but I get out of stock message.

Please let me know

thx

yeah there are a bunch of fake baikalminer sites on skype.

use the skype they have on their www page make them verify thru them ail from their to you they are still out i think thou...only order thru the legit web site!

edit: the regular english side of the site does not come up https:// secure in any way ..weird..just informed them ...that should not do that Smiley

I just got on ...no stock on the regular baikalminer site....they informed me weeks ago you are just supposed to lurk on the www site till (or if) they announce lol

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Ambros

Activity: 653

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:01:08 PM

Since everyone is trying to put hands on baikal a lot of scams are following.

Take care people. Right now there is nothing in stock, w8 for official communication using a  certified channel.
felixbrucker

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 05:33:11 PM

I am talking about my Quads. 8GB. By the way if I were you try this version, same controller and same chips for hashing what the hack.

i see, i made an image from my first giants which had the 4.9.4 sgminer on them and used it for my newer ones

i dont have them anymore, i sold them, but still have the image for future miners if necessary Tongue
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:44:35 AM

i see, i made an image from my first giants which had the 4.9.4 sgminer on them and used it for my newer ones

i dont have them anymore, i sold them, but still have the image for future miners if necessary Tongue

Would you be so kind to upload it somewhere? I would honor it with some coins too.

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
felixbrucker

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 07:13:10 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 01:10:45 PM by felixbrucker

Would you be so kind to upload it somewhere? I would honor it with some coins too.

sure, i just cleaned the web ui pass (is "baikal" now) and reset the hostname/hosts entry to "Baikal"

im heading to work, will update this post with dl link once compressing and upload is done

edit: here it is: https://transfer.sh/d2EiQ/giant.img.tar.gz
link will expire after 14 days, grab it while its there
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:54:04 AM

Since everyone is trying to put hands on baikal a lot of scams are following.

Take care people. Right now there is nothing in stock, w8 for official communication using a  certified channel.

Yes, be aware of sites taking advantage of the rampage of ppl looking for Baikal miners.
You're all already aware of www.baikalsminer.com - stay away from there!
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:45:45 AM

Please let me know

thx

use the skype they have on their www page make them verify thru them ail from their to you they are still out i think thou...only order thru the legit web site!

edit: the regular english side of the site does not come up https:// secure in any way ..weird..just informed them ...that should not do that Smiley

I just got on ...no stock on the regular baikalminer site....they informed me weeks ago you are just supposed to lurk on the www site till (or if) they announce lol

Last week I finally got contact with Baikal via a Chinese chat. They are now on some Chinese holiday until April 5th. Anyway, they officially are sold out of A900's but will dispatch group orders of 35, possibly 30. A bit too rich for me but by the next day they said the batch was already taken anyway. They are bound to respond to an order of that size (or larger). If someone here is able to start a group-buy that's probably a way to go forward, I'm down for 5 of the units. PM me if you are able to administer a group-buy.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:59:08 AM

Please let me know

thx

Last week I finally got contact with Baikal via a Chinese chat. They are now on some Chinese holiday until April 5th. Anyway, they officially are sold out of A900's but will dispatch group orders of 35, possibly 30. A bit too rich for me but by the next day they said the batch was already taken anyway. They are bound to respond to an order of that size (or larger). If someone here is able to start a group-buy that's probably a way to go forward, I'm down for 5 of the units. PM me if you are able to administer a group-buy.

be careful see the posts above www.baikalsminers.com is a SCAM (note the s in baikal s miner.com) also of the 9 baikalminers on skype 8 are fake!

you want to contact www.baikalminer.com ...anytime I contact them on skype or email they just tell me no idea when/if another batch and to go away Sad

but with x11 prices dumping may happen

worked out for me missing the baikalminer's past group buy thou....got bitmain L3's instead...

(dumb and lucky my motto on how to go thru the crypto universe...I'm like a baby ..crawling down the freewary unharmed around the wrecks)  Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
omshree

Activity: 270

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:12:32 PM

[/quote]

sure, i just cleaned the web ui pass (is "baikal" now) and reset the hostname/hosts entry to "Baikal"

im heading to work, will update this post with dl link once compressing and upload is done

edit: here it is: https://transfer.sh/d2EiQ/giant.img.tar.gz
link will expire after 14 days, grab it while its there
[/quote]
Thank a lot, will try them, meanwhile tried the v3.0 img from their site, on miningpoolhub auto-switch is finally working, but can not connect to nicehash eu servers, usa working well, weird, anybody experienced something like that?

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:43:03 AM

Anyone manage to get a baikal 300 this last go around? (Today ..unless it is just a site revamp) Seems they are out yet again. Lag was bad. Probably sold out before the English page was redone. Also only thing on the page was 300mh baikal for 800 bucks and limited to 2 only

Annoying, having no notice Sad

The page I tried today (new) anyway....assuming it is just NOT a page re-do only. Lag was bad enough I assumed they sold out ..but not sure..any info?

others?

baikal folk lurking on here?

later

brad

Sir William

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 07:51:27 AM

The site is slow, but I did get through.  It appears that they are out of inventory...again.   Sad

frozenfame

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:04:50 AM

Where did they post that they had stock?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:08:07 AM

Where did they post that they had stock?

See correction below..from baikal skype just now below...site revamp....it seems according to baikal skype person just now

The site is slow, but I did get through.  It appears that they are out of inventory...again.   Sad

Yeah the baikal skype folk say they will announce on the www site ..when available..but we seem to be SHOL if that is the case

oh well at 300mh and 120 watts and 800 bucks with a 5 month ROI or so on dash with dash dropping and difficulty shooting up...probably not a big deal.

Toy wise at worse in a year you would get your $$$ back...but by the time I got any at the prices they are increasing them too...it is not viable

for data hall anymore. Likely I will wait and get a used one..and justify it as a 'toy' factor (like the 150 bucks spent on a bitseed v2 bitcoin node because

i had no time and was too lazy to build it myself).....always a sucker for those whirly fan noises and blinking LCD's ..thus 'prudence' on purchasing miner

and asic equip when you have a 'home miner' addiction..is always best to keep in mind.....so will file this 'toy' away for later

Now Bit main L3's at 250mh and 400watts, on the other hand (that don't exist) hubba, hubba baby ..I'll fall of the wagon for them on my asic addiction in 2 seconds. IF I had an angle to get those!,,,alas ..unicorn ghosts at this point in time...can't even console myself with a frigging baby baikal miner Sad

(so predictablle I am....) Smiley buy buy buy at some points.....other times run away, run away, run away...my only 2 speeds in regard to asic miner equipment ..I'm one sic puppy!

later

brad

baikal

Activity: 129

www.baikalminer.com

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 01:27:31 PM

New-Baikal miner Cube.

Next week open for sale.

more inform please check with www.baikalminer.com

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:19:05 PM

New-Baikal miner Cube.

Next week open for sale.

more inform please check with www.baikalminer.com

all ok..
but what about PSU???
it is not included??
right?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 05:53:38 PM

No PSU or cables are provided.
Just use a ATX PSU with a 100W minimum rating.
Looks like they are using the 6-pin PCIe connectors which mate to the cords on the ATX supply.
newmz

Activity: 372

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:00:21 PM

But now the price is $799. I got one 6 weeks ago for $300

not really worth it IMHO

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: