Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:38:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Edge: Most Hacked Browser At Pwn2Own 2017  (Read 347 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:00:04 PM

Microsoft Edge: Most Hacked Browser At Pwn2Own 2017

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/pwn2own-2017-microsoft-edge-hacked,33940.html

Microsoft Losing Its Edge

Microsoft created the Edge browser by rewriting most of it from scratch (some parts were forked from Internet Explorer). The company's goal was to have a browser that's much more secure and that can keep up with Chrome and Firefox when it comes to supporting the latest web standards. Edge even implemented sandboxing technologies that were similar to what Chrome was using, which put it ahead of Firefox, which is still trying to play catch-up in this regard.

However, despite these improvements in code cleanness and security technologies, it hasn't quite proven itself when faced with experienced hackers at contests such as Pwn2Own. At last year's edition of Pwn2Own, Edge proved to be a little better than Internet Explorer and Safari, but it still ended up getting hacked twice, while Chrome was only partially hacked once. Things seem to have gotten worse, rather than better, for Edge. At this year's Pwn2Own, Microsoft's browser was hacked no less than five times.

(...) Windows 10 didn't do too well either, as every successful browser attack on Windows seemed to have a matching successful attack against the Windows kernel. The conclusion we can draw from the latest Pwn2Own is that Microsoft still has much work to do for the security of both Edge and Windows 10, perhaps coupled with getting better at finding and then fixing bugs more quickly.

How to completely avoid upgrading to Windows 10... forever

Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sevenrustlust

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:56:48 PM

I will check the guide about how never update to 10. I like 7 and I don't need to go to 10 and change everything.
WestWorld

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 11:29:30 PM

It does feel very sluggish when it loads up and that isn't even going to any sites yet. Undecided
There must be a lot of bloatware in the browser cause it's running the company's OS already. Roll Eyes
cryptomartin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:30:08 PM

Don't know anyone who uses Microsoft Edge...
pinkmann

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:40:51 PM

I'm sticking with win7 and firefox and chrome. Whenever I use Win10 I get lost. I know eventually we will all have to move forward. I just hope its with something else.

I'm not surprised either, that new browser of theirs is too new to be secure. There will certainly be many bugs to iron out over time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: