Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:17:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Particl•PART|Confidential Transactions|Atomic Swaps|Cold Staking|P2P Marketplace  (Read 85693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:32:44 AM

why is the price pumped over 200% holy

because they scam us again.
https://particl.news/a-community-driven-initiative-e26724100c3a

TLDR:
They told us about time window was 30 days to swap and after dont support and SDC will be useless. Window end was 15th april

So almost all sold on market or others bought and make swap. 80% coins was swapped.
AFTER that price drop from 200 000s to 15-30k s as useless coin.
And magically few days after end swap they told that people can swap to end of year 2017 but with ratio 2:1 because price sdc drop.
So we swap all SDC and after this article price was 35k s so everybody who buy it for this price can buy PARTICL about 6 times LESS than people in ICO stage and swap window 30 days.
If I decide with lost anyway sell SDC and not swap I can sell for 200k s and buy it after price drop for 35k and swap even with ratio 2:1 and make 6 x profit more than idiots who swap when price was high.

So is the reason why SDC show yesterday green 150% profit and today almost 100% BECAUSE its not dead as was wrote before by Devs !!

If someone want tell stupid words: if have problem by more cheap SDC I dont want more PARTICL because I swap at 1:1 ratio many SDC worth 200k s /each so I put in this many BTC and dont want put more in shady project after ninja relase about it. And I cant sell my SDC because I hear about swap to late and price drop about dont remember 40-60% so if I want sell I make lost in btc to many so I decide swap.
Buyt it was wrong decision because I can sell and take btc and today rebuy SDC and make swap 7 times cheaper than cost me and all others who make swap 1:1 ratio when price was high.
So I make swap and take few thousend PARTICL but if I sell for btc and buy now I should have 60 k Particl token.
So they scam as again.
They should make ratio not 2:1 but with actually price SDC now so 36k s. So like 6:1 maybe.

Not fud just FACTS.

This is wrong.

Anyone who has on-chain funds in SDC which have not moved since 00:00 UTC on 19th of April, 2017 are also eligible for 2:1 (SDC:PART) conversion.

So any SDC purchased after that date is ineligible for the 2:1 exchange. I'm unclear on how a 2:1 rate can be guaranteed in advance if they don't yet know how much PART will be donated to the pool. I'm maybe missing something here.

The post also states that they will gather proposals regarding options for SDC that was bought or moved after the 19th of April, which will then be voted upon. So it's possible there will be no option at all to swap them if that's the way the vote goes. Anyone who has been buying SDC over the last day or two thinking it can be swapped to PART at a 2:1 ratio has more than likely made a costly error.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:25:22 PM

Question about burning exchanged SDC asked several times, with no response within a whole month.

I'd like an official statement as well:

Sure thing.

The SDC Dev team apparently developed tools like Umbra, secure messaging, etc. for ShadowCash, then took those ShadowCash tools and used them to regain SDC and some additional BTC that they could sell.  This all may be perfectly legit if they just burned the SDC they receive as part of the swap rather than trying to sell it to others.  Perhaps that's their plan?
We have posted our transparency address on particl.io since day 1 of the exchange. This is for public auditing for exactly these claims. Please post withdrawals that support this so we can discuss more. Here's the holding address in question. SUaqjDUwAuVKnmWUX5tgU3fK1PkmbdfVCD

I think it would be good if they staked it, better if they burned it.  But, I don't see that addressed in the FAQ.
We addressed staking the coins through the exchange here: https://redd.it/61o09m
We are 100% on board with burning SDC collected after all the participants are sorted. We think this is the ideal solution and would be fully on board with a community proposal for the SDC in address: SUaqjDUwAuVKnmWUX5tgU3fK1PkmbdfVCD

will the swapped SDC be burned? because if so then the unswapped SDC can be taken over by another team if they wish can it not?
It's becoming clear that people don't understand the concept of a centralized coin. Over 78% of the network is in 1 wallet. We control the longest chain. We are protecting the network from attacks. Remaining coins can be collected by whomever wants them but they'll always be at the mercy of the consensus address until we burn those coins. This is why a community discussion is important regarding future of SDC held in the conversion address.

What happens to unswapped coin?
We have 2 new blog posts regarding unswapped coins on https://particl.news. Prior to those the future of unswapped coins was at the hands of the people who controlled them. This was made clear multiple times during the exchange and I just answered a bunch of repeat questions regarding this on reddit:
* https://www.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/60dpzw/ama_with_the_particl_team_rparticl_march_20th/df6vswz/
* https://www.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/60dpzw/ama_with_the_particl_team_rparticl_march_20th/df6z252/
* https://www.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/60dpzw/ama_with_the_particl_team_rparticl_march_20th/df6sei9/

among other spots.

Still relevant, and a good practice for Announcement posts:

please explain detail youre coin dev
spefication coin, total suply coin, tipe coin, roadmap, plan project
plan ico selling

I agree. I'll just be honest, we'll update the OP as we can but I encourage anyone interested in the project to seek out the more active communities. Quick links are on post 1, https://particl.io and https://www.reddit.com/r/Particl/wiki/community

Finally, not so urgent but I'd like a statement on decentralization aspect too:

I question the decentralization aspect (and perhaps the legitimacy) of the Particl project. I have checked the Particl website, there is no software to download (which is understandable as they stated that it's not completed), yet they have already started the token swap. You can only swap by registering on the Particl website, so those tokens are stored and processed by the Particl servers, how is that decentralization? After login, I find no option to backup private key, so you don't control the funds in the account.

Correct, this is centralized on a database we use to properly link accounts to PART. We've mentioned on past blog posts and in slack/riot that we'll be creating a "Token Holders and next steps: Part 2" post that will explain the next steps for our holders. Some of this relates to using an offline tool for converting BIP39 mnemonic phrases to addresses and private keys. All of this is available to see on our github btw. https://github.com/particl
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:04:03 PM

TLDR:
They told us about time window was 30 days to swap and after dont support and SDC will be useless. Window end was 15th april
Your TLDR is correct. This can be found on here: https://particl.io/#faq-a10

So almost all sold on market or others bought and make swap. 80% coins was swapped.
Yes, we covered this in a blog post here: https://particl.news/particl-successfully-closes-out-its-seed-funding-round-highlighted-by-1658-participants-5-1-38dee90d1a91

SDC price held a $1.50 median range for months before the exchange (sans week leading up to it) and maintained it ($1.50 to $1.70) throughout the entire funding period. The price dropped minimally to $1.40 or so between April 15th - April 19th which is astonishing to me personally because the coin was not being developed anymore but none the less, held price more or less. April 19th Poloniex added SDC to it's ninja delist (fortnight timeframe) which is totally appropriate and this created a natural break point in price. Remember, 1 address holds over 78% of the coins. For those who don't understand the magnitude of that, it means the team (if we truly were scammers) could double-spend at will from the moment we hit 51% and be raping exchanges for BTC non-stop as long as they kept the coins active. Please consider this as a testament to the integrity of this team when accusations of stealing money or other false claims are thrown around. We've kept the conversion address public, highly visible on the site during the funding period and it's still there today so the public could audit the transactions and keep us accountable. SUaqjDUwAuVKnmWUX5tgU3fK1PkmbdfVCD

And magically few days after end swap they told that people can swap to end of year 2017 but with ratio 2:1 because price sdc drop.
So we swap all SDC and after this article price was 35k s so everybody who buy it for this price can buy PARTICL about 6 times LESS than people in ICO stage and swap window 30 days.
We encourage everyone to re-read this article for the facts of this new community cause to include SDC holders left behind: https://particl.news/a-community-driven-initiative-e26724100c3a

TL;DR
The chance to claim donated PART is split into 2 groups. The only group available to claim community donated PART is detailed here:
* Anyone who contacted the Particl Team via email/reddit/slack/riot before 00:00 UTC on 19th April, 2017 are eligible for 2:1 (SDC:PART) conversion.
* Anyone who has on-chain funds in SDC which have not moved since 00:00 UTC on 19th of April, 2017 are also eligible for 2:1 (SDC:PART) conversion.

Remember the price of SDC maintained roughly $1.50 throughout exchange and up to the delisting announcement. So every PART token holder at least bought in at $1.50 if they did the 1:1 SDC to PART. Participants who took the bonus the first 5 days got PART at $1 but that was only for the 15% bonus PART. Towards the end of the exchange folks still took the bonus and were paying $2.40 or more for bonus PART. So the 2:1 ratio is equal to $3 PART. This makes sense because these are PART donated back by the community for SDC holders left behind. Obviously they don't want to hurt their portfolio values by offering late comers PART for less than they paid, instantly reducing their wealth.

Per your scenario of buying at 35k and getting this donated PART 6 times less, that is not valid, as you can see with the blog post and the initiative's terms. That person would fall into Group 2 and the state of that group's options to claim PART is 100% up to the community as they will decide by vote when the network is live. That is all explained in the article. I imagine the donators, again, won't want to cut their portfolio values so anything less than $3 PART won't be approved by vote (just speculating). So if someone bought after April 19th for $.30 and was approved to claim donated PART they would be offered a 10:1 exchange ratio or $3 PART.

If I decide with lost anyway sell SDC and not swap I can sell for 200k s and buy it after price drop for 35k and swap even with ratio 2:1 and make 6 x profit more than idiots who swap when price was high.
I think I explain this scenario above.

So is the reason why SDC show yesterday green 150% profit and today almost 100% BECAUSE its not dead as was wrote before by Devs !!

If someone want tell stupid words: if have problem by more cheap SDC I dont want more PARTICL because I swap at 1:1 ratio many SDC worth 200k s /each so I put in this many BTC and dont want put more in shady project after ninja relase about it. And I cant sell my SDC because I hear about swap to late and price drop about dont remember 40-60% so if I want sell I make lost in btc to many so I decide swap.
Buyt it was wrong decision because I can sell and take btc and today rebuy SDC and make swap 7 times cheaper than cost me and all others who make swap 1:1 ratio when price was high.
So I make swap and take few thousend PARTICL but if I sell for btc and buy now I should have 60 k Particl token.
So they scam as again.
They should make ratio not 2:1 but with actually price SDC now so 36k s. So like 6:1 maybe.

Not fud just FACTS.
I have no reason for the increase in price, it could be a takeover attempt, it could be speculators hoping for 3000% profits down the road from unsuspecting n00bs, it could be a number of things. Your quote above ("They should make ratio not 2:1 but with actually price SDC now so 36k s. So like 6:1 maybe.")is exactly what the article says is up for community vote. We agree and the investors agree, hence the terms set out in the proposition.

I'm very proud of this community cause. I hope others see the good in it once they take the time to read about it on their own.
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:13:24 PM

Sadly I think you're right. The devs have a lot to answer for and what little Ive heard from them wasnt promising.
 ie. Deleting comments/forum posts etc

Just because this is a moderated thread don't assume we're deleting comments or posts. We've deleted 1 post so far in 6 weeks or so and I personally messaged that user why we did. I'm allowing all points of views to post here as can be seen by most of the comments from new accounts.

I hope the devs can answer why they only allowed a 4 week exchange period on sdc:part conversion?

Unless they plan on putting part on exchanges before they release what is basically the umbra marketplace then there should no other immediate use for part and therefore allowing a longer exchange period.

If this coin is put on exchange early I smell another sdc situation on the way

We've answered this in our community channels on slack/riot a bunch but I answered it here too:
* https://www.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/60dpzw/ama_with_the_particl_team_rparticl_march_20th/dgm1cgj/
* https://www.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/60dpzw/ama_with_the_particl_team_rparticl_march_20th/dgm0z1o/
* https://www.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/60dpzw/ama_with_the_particl_team_rparticl_march_20th/dgm0jy2/
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:58:19 PM

TLDR:
Your TLDR is correct. This can be found on here: https://particl.io/#faq-a10

Yes, we covered this in a blog post here: https://particl.news/particl-successfully-closes-out-its-seed-funding-round-highlighted-by-1658-participants-5-1-38dee90d1a91

SDC price held a $1.50 median range for months before the exchange (sans week leading up to it) and maintained it ($1.50 to $1.70) throughout the entire funding period. The price dropped minimally to $1.40 or so between April 15th - April 19th which is astonishing to me personally because the coin was not being developed anymore but none the less, held price more or less. April 19th Poloniex added SDC to it's ninja delist (fortnight timeframe) which is totally appropriate and this created a natural break point in price. Remember, 1 address holds over 78% of the coins. For those who don't understand the magnitude of that, it means the team (if we truly were scammers) could double-spend at will from the moment we hit 51% and be raping exchanges for BTC non-stop as long as they kept the coins active. Please consider this as a testament to the integrity of this team when accusations of stealing money or other false claims are thrown around. We've kept the conversion address public, highly visible on the site during the funding period and it's still there today so the public could audit the transactions and keep us accountable. SUaqjDUwAuVKnmWUX5tgU3fK1PkmbdfVCD

We encourage everyone to re-read this article for the facts of this new community cause to include SDC holders left behind: https://particl.news/a-community-driven-initiative-e26724100c3a

TL;DR
The chance to claim donated PART is split into 2 groups. The only group available to claim community donated PART is detailed here:
* Anyone who contacted the Particl Team via email/reddit/slack/riot before 00:00 UTC on 19th April, 2017 are eligible for 2:1 (SDC:PART) conversion.
* Anyone who has on-chain funds in SDC which have not moved since 00:00 UTC on 19th of April, 2017 are also eligible for 2:1 (SDC:PART) conversion.

Remember the price of SDC maintained roughly $1.50 throughout exchange and up to the delisting announcement. So every PART token holder at least bought in at $1.50 if they did the 1:1 SDC to PART. Participants who took the bonus the first 5 days got PART at $1 but that was only for the 15% bonus PART. Towards the end of the exchange folks still took the bonus and were paying $2.40 or more for bonus PART. So the 2:1 ratio is equal to $3 PART. This makes sense because these are PART donated back by the community for SDC holders left behind. Obviously they don't want to hurt their portfolio values by offering late comers PART for less than they paid, instantly reducing their wealth.

Per your scenario of buying at 35k and getting this donated PART 6 times less, that is not valid, as you can see with the blog post and the initiative's terms. That person would fall into Group 2 and the state of that group's options to claim PART is 100% up to the community as they will decide by vote when the network is live. That is all explained in the article. I imagine the donators, again, won't want to cut their portfolio values so anything less than $3 PART won't be approved by vote (just speculating). So if someone bought after April 19th for $.30 and was approved to claim donated PART they would be offered a 10:1 exchange ratio or $3 PART.

I think I explain this scenario above.

So they scam as again.

Not fud just FACTS.
I have no reason for the increase in price, it could be a takeover attempt, it could be speculators hoping for 3000% profits down the road from unsuspecting n00bs, it could be a number of things. Your quote above ("They should make ratio not 2:1 but with actually price SDC now so 36k s. So like 6:1 maybe.")is exactly what the article says is up for community vote. We agree and the investors agree, hence the terms set out in the proposition.

I'm very proud of this community cause. I hope others see the good in it once they take the time to read about it on their own.

Thx for some answers and explonation. I afraid about ours questions made without ask. We need more info about road map ans some dates news. And inform us here because anyway want or not want we swap and invest in new project PARTICL. I mean 6 pages posts for this project after swaped from SDC is little to small. Need more infos about progress and back community from SDC here because many of them are in shock after ninja relase about abandon SDC and swap thic coin to new project. Inform us more often about news.
But some things I see more precisely. Thx for details some my ask was fill.
Sry for bad english.
Starkz

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:24:26 AM

Will there be any other funding rounds after this one?
Yes. When we create the genesis block for Particl the designated amount of tokens (per this seed round exchange) will be generated. Additionally, a second batch of tokens will be hard-coded for release at a publicly pre-determined block height approximately 9-10 months out from the genesis block. This funding round will not take place until after the public beta launch of the Particl Market and the establishment of the Particl Foundation. This allotment of tokens will represent a 15% increase in supply and will be made available through the Primary Funding Round at a designated date in the future.

What day will second round of funding begin? Will SDC be used for second round funding?

LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:06:11 AM

Will there be any other funding rounds after this one?
Yes. When we create the genesis block for Particl the designated amount of tokens (per this seed round exchange) will be generated. Additionally, a second batch of tokens will be hard-coded for release at a publicly pre-determined block height approximately 9-10 months out from the genesis block. This funding round will not take place until after the public beta launch of the Particl Market and the establishment of the Particl Foundation. This allotment of tokens will represent a 15% increase in supply and will be made available through the Primary Funding Round at a designated date in the future.

What day will second round of funding begin? Will SDC be used for second round funding?

No official day is set as of yet. Coins will be locked until certain block height, code will be able to be verified.
SDC will not be used for second round of funding.
Mrbates

Activity: 546

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:10:10 PM

Selling 600 parts.  Smiley

~ .55 btc (slight saving depending on which part of the ico you're at)

*I keep forgetting about them lol*

*You receive the account, 2fa is active so active comms needed and email address can be changed.

radiera

Activity: 295

ॐ http://goaco.in ॐ

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 06:55:17 AM

go where that coin ? i see just trx to sdc but i dont have sdc wallet Huh so dev hold my coin or gone ?

▄       ▄
      ▐█▄    ▀█▌     ▄█
       ▐██   ██▌   ▄██▀
▄██▄▄   ▐██  ██   ▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄  █▌██ ▄▄██▀
      ▀██▄▐▌█ ██▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄███▄▄██▀ █▄██▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀
▀ ▀  ▀  ▀ ▄█ █▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀ █▐█▀▀▀██▄▄
      ███▌ ▀█ ▐█▌   ▀██▄
     ███▌  ▐█▌▀▐█▌    ▀█
    ████    █▌  ██
   █████   █▀    █
goacoin
PoW, Masternodes, ASIC Resistance, NeoScrypt
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ⚫ ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER         |        ANN THREAD        |         TELEGRAM
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████▀▀   ████▄
▄████████████▀   ██ ▐█████▄
████████▀▀▀▀       ▄███████
██████▀           █████████
██████▄ ▄▄▄     ▄██████████
▀███████████    ██████████▀
 ▀█████████▌  ▄██████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SUPER FAST
TRANSACTIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
 ▄████████▌     ▐████████▄
▄████████▄       ▄████████▄
████████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████
████████▀  ▄   ▄  ▀████████
███████    ▐▀ ▀▌    ███████
▀██████     ▌ ▐     ██████▀
 ▀██████▄         ▄██████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
SECURITY &
ANONYMOUS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀  ▀███████▀  ▀████▄
▄█████▄  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█████▄
█████ ▀▀▀█▌     ▐█▀▀▀ █████
█████   ▄▄█▄   ▄█▄▄   █████
████████    ▀▀▀    ████████
▀██████             ██████▀
 ▀█████             █████▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
GROWING
COMMUNITY

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
Mrbates

Activity: 546

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 06:15:48 AM

go where that coin ? i see just trx to sdc but i dont have sdc wallet Huh so dev hold my coin or gone ?
Think sdc becomes useless

LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 07:43:38 PM

Particl Dev Update: May 4th, 2017

https://particl.news/particl-dev-update-may-4th-2017-f8241bedc602

Improving security and accessibility within our technology stack

Currently the team is developing both the new GUI and daemon. Particl is moving away from the classic Bitcoin “Qt” wallet, instead opting to build upon Electron, a full-blown WebEngine. This approach allows us to create a beautiful interface and a standardized API to build extensions upon. The work has already started on bringing the new interface truly alive, from the drawing table to real code (HTML, CSS & JS). The team is using Angular as the main framework.

Wallet Front-end Progress:

We are very excited to share the latest designs for the Particl platform! Note that these are still at a early stage and will definitely change. They should however give you a sense of where we’re heading.

https://imgur.com/a/zwjJ4

The interface is entirely written in HTML, CSS and Angular. The reason is rather simple: the Qt wallet we “inherited” from Bitcoin Core does not provide the aesthetics and user experience we wish to achieve. So we’re tearing it down completely and building it from the ground up.

We’re replacing it with Electron, an open source project that finds its roots in Chromium. The reasoning will be explained later, but in a nutshell: security is paramount. Electron provides substantial security improvements over QtWebKit by leveraging the Chromium sandbox for rendered processes. If someone is able to leverage a critical exploit within the Chromium rendering engine, then damage is severely limited by the built in sandbox, a feature which the deprecated WebKit terribly lacks.

Front-end: In Progress 🔨
* Overview (Dashboard)
* Address page
* Sidebar

Wallet Back-end Progress:
The daemon includes a number of major changes.

Back-end: Complete 🏁
* Based on Bitcoin Core 0.14
* Proof of Stake v3
* Secure Messaging “SMSG”
* Stealth Addresses
* HD Wallet
* Decentralized Voting

Back-end: in Progress 🔨
* Confidential Transactions and RingCT

A staggering number that might help to illustrate the amount of work that is going into creating Particl; currently 50,000+ lines of code have been added to the initial Bitcoin Core code base to allow for the above features.

Particl is hiring!
Please join us in welcoming Jason Wallace to the Particl team! Jason is a Full Stack Developer with a Bachelor of Science Honours (BScHons), Computer Science from Stellenbosch University, one of the premier research universities in South Africa.

Jason joined us last week and is helping kewde and crz with the GUI front-end development.

A bit about Jason:

I love building stuff. I like to fully invest myself into projects that I believe in. I have an entrepreneurial spirit with a ‘Big Picture’ kind of mindset. I find myself compelled to act based on opportunity.
Currently my ideal development stack is Ubuntu, Nginx, Postgresql, Python, Django, Angular, and Ionic if on mobile. If I’m not learning, I’m not moving forward.

Interested in helping build Particl?
It is exciting when passion in the community manifests itself in unexpected ways. Whether it’s helping break the testnet, bending tools like Angular and Electron to your will or being really, really good at graphics and writing, our SLACK and RIOT community channels are great places to get involved.
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 08:33:15 AM

Particl Dev Update: May 4th, 2017

https://particl.news/particl-dev-update-may-4th-2017-f8241bedc602

Improving security and accessibility within our technology stack

Currently the team is developing both the new GUI and daemon. Particl is moving away from the classic Bitcoin “Qt” wallet, instead opting to build upon Electron, a full-blown WebEngine. This approach allows us to create a beautiful interface and a standardized API to build extensions upon. The work has already started on bringing the new interface truly alive, from the drawing table to real code (HTML, CSS & JS). The team is using Angular as the main framework.

Wallet Front-end Progress:

We are very excited to share the latest designs for the Particl platform! Note that these are still at a early stage and will definitely change. They should however give you a sense of where we’re heading.

https://imgur.com/a/zwjJ4

The interface is entirely written in HTML, CSS and Angular. The reason is rather simple: the Qt wallet we “inherited” from Bitcoin Core does not provide the aesthetics and user experience we wish to achieve. So we’re tearing it down completely and building it from the ground up.

We’re replacing it with Electron, an open source project that finds its roots in Chromium. The reasoning will be explained later, but in a nutshell: security is paramount. Electron provides substantial security improvements over QtWebKit by leveraging the Chromium sandbox for rendered processes. If someone is able to leverage a critical exploit within the Chromium rendering engine, then damage is severely limited by the built in sandbox, a feature which the deprecated WebKit terribly lacks.

Front-end: In Progress 🔨
* Overview (Dashboard)
* Address page
* Sidebar

Wallet Back-end Progress:
The daemon includes a number of major changes.

Back-end: Complete 🏁
* Based on Bitcoin Core 0.14
* Proof of Stake v3
* Secure Messaging “SMSG”
* Stealth Addresses
* HD Wallet
* Decentralized Voting

Back-end: in Progress 🔨
* Confidential Transactions and RingCT

A staggering number that might help to illustrate the amount of work that is going into creating Particl; currently 50,000+ lines of code have been added to the initial Bitcoin Core code base to allow for the above features.

Particl is hiring!
Please join us in welcoming Jason Wallace to the Particl team! Jason is a Full Stack Developer with a Bachelor of Science Honours (BScHons), Computer Science from Stellenbosch University, one of the premier research universities in South Africa.

Jason joined us last week and is helping kewde and crz with the GUI front-end development.

A bit about Jason:

I love building stuff. I like to fully invest myself into projects that I believe in. I have an entrepreneurial spirit with a ‘Big Picture’ kind of mindset. I find myself compelled to act based on opportunity.
Currently my ideal development stack is Ubuntu, Nginx, Postgresql, Python, Django, Angular, and Ionic if on mobile. If I’m not learning, I’m not moving forward.

Interested in helping build Particl?
It is exciting when passion in the community manifests itself in unexpected ways. Whether it’s helping break the testnet, bending tools like Angular and Electron to your will or being really, really good at graphics and writing, our SLACK and RIOT community channels are great places to get involved.

Looks like Particl Tim is on a mission.Good things coming! Cheesy
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:24:11 PM

Project Update: May 8th, 2017

https://particl.news/project-update-may-8th-2017-d43b3e4baabe

TL;DR
1,660 PART token holders will receive a 20.5% bonus on their PART balance.

Final statistics from the Particl Token Exchange
Two weeks ago we closed on a successful initial seed funding round for Particl. In our congratulatory post we promised final numbers for tokens exchanged, tokens unclaimed and contributors who participated. We would like to share the final numbers from the Particl Token Exchange.

* 1,660 contributors participated in the exchange.
* 5,150,748 SDC was directly exchanged for PART.
* In addition, 10,703 PART is being reserved for contributors who donated during the exchange either more BTC than what the dashboard displayed and/or sent SDC directly to the transparency address instead of generating personal deposit addresses.
* 1,480,689 PART were left unclaimed.

Unclaimed PART tokens to be split as follows:
* 1,184,551 PART (80%) will be split among the 1,660 contributors according to their balance.
* 296,138 PART (20%) will be donated to the foundation.

Summary
* 1,660 PART token holders will receive a 20.5% bonus on their PART balance.

Next steps:
We will be posting an important blog for all PART token holders within the next 48 hours. This is specific to preparing for mainnet release*. We’ll be providing instructions on how to update your dashboard in anticipation of PART distribution.

Please be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay up-to-date with the latest news.
*Note: we haven’t released an official date for mainnet. Unofficially it is 4 weeks out.
arjuna BTC

Activity: 994

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:35:04 PM

is there any bounty campaign for this partcl dev ?
maybe social media bounty,translations, etc
sory for ask about this  Smiley
thank you

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:18:16 PM

PM me if you want to buy my 6169 PART. Im looking for 6 btc wich is less than 1.70 $ per coin.
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:25:57 PM

sory for ask about this  Smiley
thank you

We don't have any bounty campaigns or signature campaigns, retweet campaigns, etc set up. We didn't premine tokens for these types of expenses. However, there can and will be community initiatives set up that can fund different campaigns. These will start to pop up as the mainnet launches and users are on the platform.

Translations are always welcome. We'll be setting up our text strings on Transifex once the client is ready. There aren't bounties for translations either but community involvement with regional translations is always super helpful!
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:17:19 PM

sory for ask about this  Smiley
thank you

We don't have any bounty campaigns or signature campaigns, retweet campaigns, etc set up. We didn't premine tokens for these types of expenses.

Oh really? How about 300K PART you got for free, just by making this swap thing? And $1M on top of that. And you don't have anything to spend on very cheap and effective marketing here on Bitcointalk?

Anonyme

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:24:47 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 05:36:06 PM by Anonyme

Any progress for particl project release?
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:44:31 PM

Project Update: May 8th, 2017

https://particl.news/project-update-may-8th-2017-d43b3e4baabe

TL;DR
1,660 PART token holders will receive a 20.5% bonus on their PART balance.

Final statistics from the Particl Token Exchange
Two weeks ago we closed on a successful initial seed funding round for Particl. In our congratulatory post we promised final numbers for tokens exchanged, tokens unclaimed and contributors who participated. We would like to share the final numbers from the Particl Token Exchange.

* 1,660 contributors participated in the exchange.
* 5,150,748 SDC was directly exchanged for PART.
* In addition, 10,703 PART is being reserved for contributors who donated during the exchange either more BTC than what the dashboard displayed and/or sent SDC directly to the transparency address instead of generating personal deposit addresses.
* 1,480,689 PART were left unclaimed.

Unclaimed PART tokens to be split as follows:
* 1,184,551 PART (80%) will be split among the 1,660 contributors according to their balance.
* 296,138 PART (20%) will be donated to the foundation.

Summary
* 1,660 PART token holders will receive a 20.5% bonus on their PART balance.

Next steps:
We will be posting an important blog for all PART token holders within the next 48 hours. This is specific to preparing for mainnet release*. We’ll be providing instructions on how to update your dashboard in anticipation of PART distribution.

Please be sure to subscribe to this blog to stay up-to-date with the latest news.
*Note: we haven’t released an official date for mainnet. Unofficially it is 4 weeks out.
when will we see the extra part in our accounts ? im seeing the same amount I bought plus the premium.
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 07:34:36 AM

Finally a bit of news.
Much more coming soon!  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: