Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:57:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Particl•PART|Confidential Transactions|Atomic Swaps|Cold Staking|P2P Marketplace  (Read 85693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:31:46 AM

Comparing Verge and Particl : https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS5v3bdVoAEKAct.jpg

Can you guess which coin has $170 million market cap vs $2.6 billion? Cheesy

Crazy huh? Tongue

This shows how much influence media buzz has on cryptocurrencies price. Partici needs more advertising in media. More buzz equals more volume which equals price jump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:48:28 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 07:13:07 PM by djpitagora

how does the planned market place compare to other dark web marketplaces. Will it be hard to take down and trace users on? Who will list products and how?
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:33:25 PM

Crazy huh? Tongue

This shows how much influence media buzz has on cryptocurrencies price. Partici needs more advertising in media. More buzz equals more volume which equals price jump.

This have very little to do with tech and very little to do with media buzz and everything to do with an active passionate community.

We have great articles out there on the best mags https://particl.wiki/articles-about-particl
The real power is in the community. Verge spent nearly nothing on marketing to grow, it wasn't until they had to maintain the growth did they start.
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1706

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:12:10 AM

Crazy huh? Tongue

This have very little to do with tech and very little to do with media buzz and everything to do with an active passionate community.

We have great articles out there on the best mags https://particl.wiki/articles-about-particl
The real power is in the community. Verge spent nearly nothing on marketing to grow, it wasn't until they had to maintain the growth did they start.

Verge spent nothing but people made a lot of noise (buzz) about their gains and how super Verge is and the price has skyrocket in few days. Just crazy because this should be Partici with all this features and community. Good for us still cheap to buy in if you haven't already.

djpitagora

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:18:56 PM

how does the planned market place compare to other dark web marketplaces. Will it be hard to take down and trace users on? Who will list products and how?

still no answer to this one. I'd like to know how the p2p market will work
 - who gets to list products
 - who moderates listings (even the most dark marketplaces ban some stuff)
 - how will you identify good sellers (ratings?)
 - how will you prevent government take down and De-anonymization of buyers and sellers
cryptoguard

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:50:44 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 11:28:51 PM by cryptoguard

- how will you prevent government take down and De-anonymization of buyers and sellers

Who gets to list products:
Vendors, any user can put listings up. There's an anti-spam fee though, but it is very low (cents). No percentage taken on any sale and no fee is required to be paid to be activated as a vendor account.

Who moderates listings:
There is a self-governance system that will be built where users can flag bad content. There are private listings though, these cannot be moderated but also don't appear on the public side of the marketplace. Only those who possess the listing link can access it. We expect most of the dark stuff to happen on the dark side and want to keep our public interface clean.

How will you identify good sellers:
There is going to be a reputation system built into the marketplace, however it is still in development as we are playing with ways to avoid or at least minimize as much as possible fake votes and such.

How will you prevent government take down and De-anonymization of buyers and sellers?
We will avoid any takedown just the same way Bitcoin has avoided take downs ever since its inception. We are a blockchain/P2P hybrid platform, and we heavily focus on privacy and decentralization. We make NO compromise on that end because we want our platform to be as resilient to any kind of attack possible. For example, even our proof-of-stake protocol is ultra secure, as we have introduced cold staking and quantum resistance to better protect the identity of stakers as well as secure their funds. All marketplace transactions are private by default, as we use CT (and RingCT further down the line, currently under peer-review at the NJIT Department of Technology). That means our marketplace is fully fungible. I guess we could compare our marketplace to Monero, as in we are the only fungible marketplace being built whereas Monero is the only true fungible currency that I know of.

The Particl staff has NO moderation or administrative power on the Particl, nor does it benefit from its use (they get none of the fees, it is 100% redistributed to stakers).

Also let me highlight the fact that we are in no way trying to be a decentralized Silkroad. We are building a decentralized privacy platform to give people the power to take back their rights to privacy.
djpitagora

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:17:22 AM

Who gets to list products:
Vendors, any user can put listings up. There's an anti-spam fee though, but it is very low (cents). No percentage taken on any sale and no fee is required to be paid to be activated as a vendor account.

Who moderates listings:
There is a self-governance system that will be built where users can flag bad content. There are private listings though, these cannot be moderated but also don't appear on the public side of the marketplace. Only those who possess the listing link can access it. We expect most of the dark stuff to happen on the dark side and want to keep our public interface clean.

How will you identify good sellers:
There is going to be a reputation system built into the marketplace, however it is still in development as we are playing with ways to avoid or at least minimize as much as possible fake votes and such.

How will you prevent government take down and De-anonymization of buyers and sellers?
We will avoid any takedown just the same way Bitcoin has avoided take downs ever since its inception. We are a blockchain/P2P hybrid platform, and we heavily focus on privacy and decentralization. We make NO compromise on that end because we want our platform to be as resilient to any kind of attack possible. For example, even our proof-of-stake protocol is ultra secure, as we have introduced cold staking and quantum resistance to better protect the identity of stakers as well as secure their funds. All marketplace transactions are private by default, as we use CT (and RingCT further down the line, currently under peer-review at the NJIT Department of Technology). That means our marketplace is fully fungible. I guess we could compare our marketplace to Monero, as in we are the only fungible marketplace being built whereas Monero is the only true fungible currency that I know of.

The Particl staff has NO moderation or administrative power on the Particl, nor does it benefit from its use (they get none of the fees, it is 100% redistributed to stakers).

Also let me highlight the fact that we are in no way trying to be a decentralized Silkroad. We are building a decentralized privacy platform to give people the power to take back their rights to privacy.

while you may not be trying to compete with the likes of silkroad, but if you don't then you are competing with amazon and alibaba, without bringing any kind of value over it? Privacy you say? Do you feel the need for additional privacy on amazon? How many users do?

As for private links I'm not sure it's a good idea. Unmoderated content is a big no. Even on darkweb markets there is heavy moderation that is needed. In most places weed is fine but you have to draw a line to assassinations and human trafficking. If these private links would be available I certainly wouln't want to participate in such a market and risk being associated with such trading. Also it would attract very heavy government actions against the market place it's self, as well as those that created it (yes, if the dev names are known they will be liable for what is sold - and if they cannot control it they will be forced to shut it down by any mean possible!)
cryptoguard

Activity: 226

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:53:47 PM

Particl is similar to a protocol. If we were to compare it to the internet, our "private" side of the marketplace could be what people refer to as the deep or dark web. You cannot easily take out whatever is on the deepweb, but it is also hidden away from the public and you really need to look for it to access it. Our private side of the marketplace is similar, it doesn't show on the public interface but vendors can transact privately with their customers.

Note that the public side of the marketplace IS moderated, but it is done so by the community itself rather than a central party. We expect users to flag whatever content would compromise the legitimacy of the platform. When a listing reaches a certain flagging threshold, it is completely taken out of the marketplace/deleted.

Community governance is a new experiment, it is expected that it will need some tweaking and fine-tuning to reach a system where community moderation is done effectively. This will be an ongoing discussion with our community, taking their feedback and making this system better!
NastyaSilvera

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:14:26 PM

But on this way there were several obstacles. Along with low incomes and weak financial literacy of the population, the development of P2P was hampered by attractive conditions for placing bank deposits. The interest rates here are higher than the inflation rate, and the safety of the funds is guaranteed by the DIA. This makes deposits the most common means of private investment
rapidtech

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:02:33 AM

Verge was in the hundred million dollar market cap just a few months ago. Still amazing to think it is now in the billions. Looks like Particl is on its way there too.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ★★★ LETHEAN  ★★★    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┊┈  VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy:  ┈┊
█ █   LinkedinTwitterYoutubeDiscordRedditFacebook  ◉  Whitepaper  ◉ Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
game_changer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:31:42 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS5v3bdVoAEKAct.jpg

Verge was in the hundred million dollar market cap just a few months ago. Still amazing to think it is now in the billions. Looks like Particl is on its way there too.

Bitbay is cheaper and 3 years ahead of Particl! Why you fools buying this?
Batistuta80

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:45:16 AM

hmm...do you have your LOCAL wallet running and unlocked for staking only (lock icon shows as orange color and shows "unlocked staking only" if you hover over). Also, do you have LOCAL wallet unlocked for cold staking (snowflake icon at top is blue color and hover over shows "cold staking enabled"?

Have you completely followed all of the instructions in this guide?
https://particl.news/guide-setting-up-particl-cold-staking-f5d9073bac4

Just to let you know, I'm encountering the same issue now after I moved all of my particl to a new address. Now the cold staking percentage is back to 0% and the cold staking node shows that staking is no longer enabled with a cause of low balance, which is not correct:
 "enabled": 1,
  "staking": 0,
  "cause": "low_balance",

I'm thinking I might need to redo the cold staking setup again and generate a new cold staking address...

seems to be cold staking again after leaving my local wallet unlocked for staking and receiving some stakes...I didn't need to reconfigure anything on the cold staking node itself

Hi again, Yeah I followed all the different suggestions and nothing was working. I decided to try regular staking on the rPI for which I read instructions on on Reddit. Doing that, i managed to get the following:
  "staking": 1
However, it's been a couple of weeks since and my "Staked Balance" is still 0. I think I might just not bother with staking anymore. On their Riot channel, I did see somebody suggested a method of using particl-qt to enable the cold staking manually. Might try that method if I can find a couple of hours to spare one of these days.

Thanks for your help.
criptoshur

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 12:15:32 PM

Hey People, quick question; the mac wallet is this one --> particl_1.0.0_amd64.deb   ??

Thanks

It is this one here: https://github.com/particl/partgui/releases/tag/v1.1.0

MacOS's wallet had a bug that was fixed!

Hi, the link doesn't work

On github they say that there is a Mac wallet but it's not linked ¿?
https://github.com/particl/partgui/releases/tag/v1.0.0

Where is the mac wallet ?
CrytpoGod27

Activity: 245
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:54:31 PM

Really nothing for OS X or iOS? smh come on now. You are shutting off a huge market by not being available to apple users. Might have to go over to NAV
Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:09:44 PM

hmm...do you have your LOCAL wallet running and unlocked for staking only (lock icon shows as orange color and shows "unlocked staking only" if you hover over). Also, do you have LOCAL wallet unlocked for cold staking (snowflake icon at top is blue color and hover over shows "cold staking enabled"?

Just to let you know, I'm encountering the same issue now after I moved all of my particl to a new address. Now the cold staking percentage is back to 0% and the cold staking node shows that staking is no longer enabled with a cause of low balance, which is not correct:

I'm thinking I might need to redo the cold staking setup again and generate a new cold staking address...

seems to be cold staking again after leaving my local wallet unlocked for staking and receiving some stakes...I didn't need to reconfigure anything on the cold staking node itself

Hi again, Yeah I followed all the different suggestions and nothing was working. I decided to try regular staking on the rPI for which I read instructions on on Reddit. Doing that, i managed to get the following:
However, it's been a couple of weeks since and my "Staked Balance" is still 0. I think I might just not bother with staking anymore. On their Riot channel, I did see somebody suggested a method of using particl-qt to enable the cold staking manually. Might try that method if I can find a couple of hours to spare one of these days.

Thanks for your help.

Np, if it shows staking now on your cold staking node, you should be good. Maybe 175 PART is not enough to generate frequent stakes. You could test this simply by enabling staking in your local wallet if you want. Simply open your local wallet (either particl-qt or Particl Wallet) and unlock for staking. As long as it's unlocked for staking it will as stake, provided that your Part balance is enough to stake. If you use the Particl Wallet, it should show staking details in the main gui.
Batistuta80

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:37:51 AM

Thanks for your help.

Np, if it shows staking now on your cold staking node, you should be good. Maybe 175 PART is not enough to generate frequent stakes. You could test this simply by enabling staking in your local wallet if you want. Simply open your local wallet (either particl-qt or Particl Wallet) and unlock for staking. As long as it's unlocked for staking it will as stake, provided that your Part balance is enough to stake. If you use the Particl Wallet, it should show staking details in the main gui.

Okay i will try staking directly on Particl Wallet. I was suspecting that I probably do not have enough coins which is why I was thinking of just forgetting about it. This method should allow me to confirm this hypothesis.

Thanks again for all the help.
ders_a

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:00:48 PM

who will use your marketplace if i.e. ebay will introduce something like universal crypto payment gateway?

p.s. imo stupid to just to compare tech part, when coint is trying to give some business value

criptoshur

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 08:20:41 PM

Hi,
 I have 50 Part,  is enough to stake ?

I try to make cold staking but when I write  ./partyman status
it say:
  particld staking currently?      : NO - low_balance

Anyone can help me? thanks
nimelo

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 07:56:11 PM

who will use your marketplace if i.e. ebay will introduce something like universal crypto payment gateway?

p.s. imo stupid to just to compare tech part, when coint is trying to give some business value

Particl is more than the market dapp! Its a complete self contained privacy platform

A few of the differences:

eBay
- Centralised meaning others must be involved in your trades
- Rob the sellers through fees for listing (& then rob them again taking payments through paypal)
- Doesn't offer any type of privacy in fact all the seller and buyer data is analysed and then sold to other companies so extra profit can be made.
- Doesn't offer private listings

The Particl Market Dapp
- Completely Decentralised
- Lower fees for sellers meaning they can take more profit while passing on savings to buyers.
- Fees are then passed on to particl holders.
- Allows buyers and sellers to trade anonymously in a private secure environment.
- Private Listings / Markets will be possible.

nimelo

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 08:05:05 PM

Hi,
 I have 50 Part,  is enough to stake ?

I try to make cold staking but when I write  ./partyman status
it say:
  particld staking currently?      : NO - low_balance

Anyone can help me? thanks

Its worth staking so long as your electricity will cost less than your returns

https://particl.wiki/faq_part_coin_staking_calculator

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: